You get a Kang! And you get a kang! And you get a kang!

Options
2»

Comments

• BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options

How about: Everybody that reaches full personal progression rewards and got no alliance reward gets the alliance rewards too. Might be scaled for non full maybe.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    This is a bit of a no win situation really.

Giving players who didn't play at the start of the event full progression rewards sort of punishes the ones who could but giving them nothing is completely unfair.

Neither set of players are at fault and neither set of players did anything different to what they normally do - I have been trying to get my Alliance to act like the bigger ones in pursuing the points tactics on early rounds and it was just pure fluke that this event was bugged and it paid off for those who could play soon enough - we were just trying to improve our chances of finishing rather than finishing inside of a day.

I hope the Devs will side on being generous to those who have missed out anything they should have got (hard to judge this without checking back over previous boss events for alliance performance average - not happening) but a whole 8 rounds of rewards for doing nothing is pretty nice work if ya can get it!

** Mod mode off**

If I was to think about how it might be "fair" I'd suggest for alliance progression using "completed x side nodes" as a proxy. The "x" in the equation is the minimum number of side nodes required to gain the reward under optimal alliance play /20 (max players in an alliance). So join late, but still earn the rewards.

For personal progression it gets a bit harder, but I'd still use side nodes as a proxy because tracking "did "y" total damage to Apoc" might be too hard and the alliance performance dictates your own performance. So I think it looks like "x" above, but for personal rather than alliance.

For the avoidance of doubt, that is not my suggestion of what should happen, just a mathematical expression of "fair" in this scenario. 🙂

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why not give everyone alliance rewards so that they won't waste one week calculating compensation rewards? Of course there will be players complaining how this is unfair because those who got in early got 3 Kang covers, and they got only 2.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The issue with fairness is that there are players who will have full personal progression rewards but no alliance rewards. While other players will have full alliance rewards for minimal participation.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Ptahhotep said:
    The issue with fairness is that there are players who will have full personal progression rewards but no alliance rewards. While other players will have full alliance rewards for minimal participation.

To be fair even for those that played that first hour did not do too much. I think it was 4 or 5 matches.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I really, really can't see them giving out different compensation to different players. Have they ever done that?

• HoundofShadow
    Options

They have for EoTS. Demiurge has done that for one of the pves. For boss event, I don't remember any.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    They have for EoTS. Demiurge has done that for one of the pves. For boss event, I don't remember any.

They did not give out different compensation for EOTS.
    You yourself said both your main and your alt got the same stuff.

• Falc
    Falc Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

When there was the whole issue with that new phone crashing the game, they were apparently able to give compensation to the people affected, without just giving it to everyone.
    So they do have some logs of who did what, and are capable of targeting compensations.
    So compensate everyone that didn't get a Kang cover from their alliance rewards, with a Kang cover. It should be possible.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't know why this is so complex.

If your alliance finished round 8, you get all alliance rewards. Why would it be any more complex than that since there has never been any requirement to contribute X number of points individually to the alliance score.

Personal progression is another matter. Weaker rosters are having trouble scoring so they may have to do something there like average out your last 3 or 4 personal progression scores and award based on that if you didn't reach full.

KGB

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options

I entered my alliance event late and never got any alliance rewards, even though the others all did. So that's just wonderful

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Your account got more 5* shards than both my accounts. You got 500 but I got much lesser than that.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options

This games been a mess ever since they took over. I do like some things they've done and openness to bringing new stuff to the game. But this is starting to get really pathetic between botched events, buggy characters, who knows what else is broken that hasn't been discovered yet. My confidence in Broken Circle is certainly rattled with how things are going these days.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options

@tonypq said:
    This games been a mess ever since they took over. I do like some things they've done and openness to bringing new stuff to the game. But this is starting to get really pathetic between botched events, buggy characters, who knows what else is broken that hasn't been discovered yet. My confidence in Broken Circle is certainly rattled with how things are going these days.

There's a movie called The Broken Circle Breakdown. Seems very apt at the moment :) Good movie btw