You get a Kang! And you get a kang! And you get a kang!

Options
ThisisClemFandango
ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor

Amazed this hasn't been brought up yet but the alliance rewards are knackered everybody pile in until ice or someone reads this

Comments

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    Options

K seems I'm a little late, bcs are having an absolute mare just recently

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

I didn’t get a Kang. Many of us who joined late (in my case 16 minutes after event start) didn’t get a Kang.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    edited March 2023
    Options

We're talking about it internally, yes. We'll have an update soon. Not sure what happened here, as the same issue isn't being noted on our QA version of the Boss Event. Tracking it all down and figuring out next steps!

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options

Kang's been a curse since he's been introduced.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX said:
    We're talking about it internally, yes. We'll have an update soon. Not sure what happened here, as the same issue isn't being noted on our QA version of the Boss Event. Tracking it all down and figuring out next steps!

Its the 100k life that some person mentioned in the whats new thread here https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88335/whats-new-mpq-april-2023-updated-3-29-23#latest
    Hounds post on page 2. You were notified before this went live.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Some player mentioned that when the next reset comes, players who join after round 8 is done will receive the alliance rewards. Maybe the team could wait for the next reset to see if what that player said is true.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX said:

Missed chance.
    "We decided to evaluate what happens if we set alliance progression very low.
    Depending on what the data shows, we may keep this in the future.
    Enjoy the easy Kang covers!"

Even if you're scrambling to figure out what went wrong behind the scenes.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options

Coming soon to the MCU

“Honey I shrunk the alliance award total”

• Bowgentle
    Options

@turbomoose said:
    Coming soon to the MCU

Pray they don't shrink the rewards to 3* Magik next boss event.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@turbomoose said:
    Coming soon to the MCU

Pray they don't shrink the rewards to 3* Magik next boss event.

At least she is pretty good!

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023
    Options

@IceIX said:

This is a very interesting. This could imply then, the two environments are different and not completely comparable.

For example in the testing version magik would be overpowered regardless abilities numbers because of underlying code. Or same case for chasm but reversed.

I guess we truly can't rely on results from testing versions. I shudder to think the current ongoing PvP MMR testing results, which I believe they mentioned were promising in one of their Q&a responses.

I could be overreacting and responding too quickly for what I think is a major gaffe.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MrPlow said:
    Kang's been a curse since he's been introduced.

Nah it's Chasm. It's always Chasm.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Codex said:

@IceIX said:

This is a very interesting. This could imply then, the two environments are different and not completely comparable.

For example in the testing version magik would be overpowered regardless abilities numbers because of underlying code. Or same case for chasm but reversed.

I guess we truly can't rely on results from testing versions. I shudder to think the current ongoing PvP MMR testing results, which I believe they mentioned were promising in one of their Q&a responses.

I could be overreacting and responding too quickly for what I think is a major gaffe.

I don’t think it’s that wild, I would bet QA builds touch a sandbox server that doesn’t have live players in it, and it’s pretty easy for something like that to fall out of parity when you’re dealing with something another team who isn’t you set up maybe 7-8 years ago.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I would just give everyone max alliance rewards, let the event play out and fix it for next time.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2023
    Options

You would kind of need to give out max individual progression rewards for most/all players as well since the alliance scores we so low throwing off the boss making him impossible to beat for lower rosters. That may lead to them giving out Kang covers to 3* players and such when they may not have gotten it had the event ran properly. But who knows really at this point what the resolution is going to be since we really haven’t gotten any official word from the dev team yet other than they’re monitoring the situation. :/

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Maybe mmr could be used to estimate how far lower rosters would have progressed. There might even be metrics from previous events available that could provide guidelines.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Ptahhotep said:
    Maybe mmr could be used to estimate how far lower rosters would have progressed. There might even be metrics from previous events available that could provide guidelines.

That would be pretty hard to do probably, and they've never done anything like it before.

BCS is pretty generous with compensation for this kind of stuff, so I bet everyone will get a free Kang cover + some other stuff. Eventually.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is a bit of a no win situation really.

Giving players who didn't play at the start of the event full progression rewards sort of punishes the ones who could but giving them nothing is completely unfair.

Neither set of players are at fault and neither set of players did anything different to what they normally do - I have been trying to get my Alliance to act like the bigger ones in pursuing the points tactics on early rounds and it was just pure fluke that this event was bugged and it paid off for those who could play soon enough - we were just trying to improve our chances of finishing rather than finishing inside of a day.

I hope the Devs will side on being generous to those who have missed out anything they should have got (hard to judge this without checking back over previous boss events for alliance performance average - not happening) but a whole 8 rounds of rewards for doing nothing is pretty nice work if ya can get it!

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options

The radio silence when they knew people are clamoring to hear SOMETHING is concerning, especially with no other PVE running. The word around here seems to be that they're typically generous though, I trust they'll do their best to make everyone whole.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Well, EOTS compensation wasn't quite as generous as they used to be, so I dunno.