**** Clea (Sorcerer Supreme) ****

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Did I miss something? Does Clea's blue repeater also shut down passive power?

Edit: she does block passive power. Either they used wrong wordings or her ability is bugged. Her blue, as it is, is currently better than 4* Emma's purple and Spidey Oscorp's blue.

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

Does it block resurrection passives as well I wonder?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It shouldn't.
    Both of these things.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

It didn't block Chasm's revival. The chronology of what happens is this:

1) Repeater blocks target's passive
    2) Chasm (target) is downed
    3) Repeater destroys itself
    4) Chasm revives

• Bowgentle
    Options

Lol so Chasm keeps breaking things.

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023
    Options

Spidey Oscorp and 4* Emma couldn't stop him as well. They could do so while he's alive, like what Clea is doing.

It's more liky they were changing characters' abilities after they went live, and forgot to update the text.

Firing power is not the same as passive power.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Sure, whatever.
    We won't get a clarification anyway.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Someone asked such question about why text descriptions don't match actual gameplay in the February/March Q&A. Let's hope they answer it.

• Bowgentle
    Options

I don't care why they don't match.
    I want them to fix either the wording or the effects.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

She negates Lord star yellow passive too.
    However it happens that the procedure is the same as wasp 5* AOE damage, HM for TU, Wong and arcade glitch of seeing repeated options for the power, and damage reduction for kingping PX and colossus not working: take a chair in order to wait for the fix.

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options

Her blue was able to target YellowJacket while he was invisible. He was the last enemy, and I had the AP, so I said why not. :o

Not complaining though because it absolutely saved my bacon!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

She seems to be meh for the 4* tier, but is a third to take into the 5* tier. Her blue is top tier and I expect to see her in pick 3 next season

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's pretty funny that they finally gave us a character with a power that disabled passives, and they did it completely by accident. Can that power be sent as a team up? If so it'll be really popular.

• Bowgentle
    Options

So would be Hit Monkey, if they manage to fix that.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Alex502 said:

@MrDupaTM said:
    It is Chasm’s nerf? Oh, it isn’t. So who cares.

No, they haven't brought about a balance for that just yet, but frankly the meta mindset just hurts the overall experience anyway. I feel like the dev's thought Hit Monkey was a good enough response? And yet they still haven't fixed his team-up power, so. I can't really disagree with you, but then again I've been jaded against PvP forever anyway.

The last we heard from a dev was that they were waiting to see if the increased availability of Kang and HM in the wild had any impact on Chasm's prevalence, since they weren't hugely available until pretty recently.

Rebalances take time and consideration. It took over a year for Gambit to get nerfed and he was very clearly head and shoulders above other characters (still would be, tbh.) Griping about it every week is not particularly productive.

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023
    Options

Spidey Oscorp can already disable all passive and active powers. 4* Emma can do that as well. Clea's one is slightly more flexible. However, they don't prevent revive.

Magik is another counter as well. It would be another 2-3 months wait.

• entrailbucket
    Options

"Rebalances take time and consideration," except for 5* Magik, who was deemed too powerful and scaled back before she was even released (despite not being anywhere close to Chasm in power level).

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

Rebalances take time and consideration. It took over a year for Gambit to get nerfed and he was very clearly head and shoulders above other characters (still would be, tbh.)

Just to be exact, it took less than a year. Gambit was released in Sep 2017 and the nerf was June 2018. Definitely less than one year.

• entrailbucket
    Options

They're in complete control of every aspect of the game, and they can change any part of it at any time they want, with no notice.

We had enough information to say that Gambit was overpowered and completely game-breaking 2 weeks after his release, and the previous devs dragged their feet, tried to make counters unsuccessfully, and unnecessarily deferred the problem for months while it festered.

• Philbert101
    Philbert101 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options

Is there a typo in her blue power description? Should it say that the targeted character can only do MATCH damage?
    And does her yellow (increased ability damage) stack with Okoye’s?