Discussion on player experience facing Chasm

Options
13»

Comments

• ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 162 Tile Toppler
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    @Bad Just because someone has trouble beating meta with boosted doesn't mean that meta team is broken. It simply means it's a skill/experience/familiarity with boosted 5* synergy or lack of roster issue. I'm happy to see more Chasm/iHulk in the current boost week. Once again, this is my mmr in pvps and please tell me how many unique Chasm/iHulk teams you see flooding my mmr.

https://streamable.com/g002ww
    And look, 1200 points in 18 wins.

And these are two videos of boosted 5* beating Chasm/iHulk with ease.

https://streamable.com/x4o1nm

https://streamable.com/rddbaz

Just imagine this, if there were more players like me, and less players like you, those players fielding Chasm/iHulk will think twice about doing so. For months, they have been floating with ease because not many players dare to touch them. And imagine you are one of them. Instead of waking up to defensive wins everyday, you are pummeled with ~200 points loss everyday.

Lol at posting videos with your buffed characters, +150k life, hitting 70k life chasm team 🤣🤣🤣

No one said that characters with twice as much life and match damage can’t beat chasm/hulk. Try hitting them with equal level or lower leveled characters and your experience will be much difference.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Contrary to what you said, there are quite a number of players who can't beat them with boosted champed 5* because Chasm nerf all other 5* and it's impossible to collect aps to fire powers. And I've posted video of my baby champed Riri/mThor beating 550 Chasm/iHulk. I've also posted multiple videos of my unboosted 5* + 5/4 team beating them in pick-2. It's in the nerf Chasm thread.

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options

I just don't understand why they aren't responding to this overt outcry for a change. The dev's haven't addressed this issue at all, and its really getting passed the point where this should have happened already. I get that BSC is a small team, but there has to be some sort of priority on player response.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Alex502 said:
    I just don't understand why they aren't responding to this overt outcry for a change. The dev's haven't addressed this issue at all, and its really getting passed the point where this should have happened already. I get that BSC is a small team, but there has to be some sort of priority on player response.

It took 2 years before bishop was changed, and 5 star players were crying out about him for that entire time. Same with Gambit. Nerfs are not generally fast, except when they nerf a character before they are even officially released.

• BurntOutGamer
    BurntOutGamer Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2023
    Options

I don’t think HulkChasm is that big of an issue in pick 3. Colossus/ Crystal / Wanda works fine, and that is before considering the new releases like Kang or HM which slow them down.

My concern is on pick 2. Mirror teams aren’t reliable due to all the web tile healing. They can be beaten with kang/hm sometimes, not reliably, and the same Hulk/Chasm teams will retaliate and easily beat you. There isn’t a non-boosted team in pick 2 that you can leave against them. Thus, the rock-paper-scissors mechanic is broken.

Without nerfing Chasm, my recommendation would be a small change to Kang where the match would end if one of the two is away, and you down the other. Basically end the match before giving either a chance to revive if there isn’t an active enemy.

• nippy
    nippy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options

I know hulkchasm can be annoying, but Thanos+Boosted 5* will usually neutralize this team. and if chasm has less than 15k hp, and you down hulk, Thanos will down both and end the game. Thanos aoe stun and anti-tile manipulation. Only problem is if required character is beefy, and it take 3-4 turn to down the required character to start the stun.