Problem with EOTS

Options
Scruffyhansolo
Scruffyhansolo Posts: 25 Just Dropped In

While playing in the EOTS this morning in the 3* Kang battle I've been kicked out early twice. First time after I cleared wave 1. I restarted me device (kindle fire) then tried again. The second time I was kicked out after I cleared wave 2. There was an update yesterday so I don't know if that caused it. Anyone else having problems?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Half of mpq is having problems with the Kang waves, yeah.
    Check the bugs thread.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Still, only 4 more broken days to go! Huzzah!

• Bowgentle
    edited March 2023
    Options

Maybe they'll surprise us and just end this on Friday, like the pic Ice posted suggests.
    I mean we've had PVP seasons end mid pvp.
    Let's lock in placement at the end of day 5 and keep playing for sub rewards.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There are just overall QoL issues with the event.

It’s clearly not balanced for higher tiers. I’m sure it’s just fine in scl 1-8, but there are many quirks that really get exposed at the higher levels.

I resorted to strait up board destruction to handle most of the issues.

I haven’t had an issue with kang, but I’m ending most of the rounds on my opponents turn not mine. Maybe this helps the issue can’t be sure but I haven’t had any 3* subs clear on early wave nodes.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,563 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Haven't been kicked out of the game on Steam or Android for quite some time now.
    Last time I played EOTS in SCL 8, it's definitely more of a slog now in SCL10.

• dianetics
    Options

It was quicker at lower levels though. When this ran before, using 3* Strange Loki and Cage made this easy with sustain, tile theft, and enough damage reduction.

We don’t have an equivalent PvE answer for sustain and special tile theft at the 5* tier.

The 5 wave rounds are also a bit painful to sit through. Since half of it is black hands that throw specials on the board when they get knocked out.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Maybe they'll surprise us and just end this on Friday, like the pic Ice posted suggests.
    I mean we've had PVP seasons end mid pvp.
    Let's lock in placement at the end of day 5 and keep playing for sub rewards.

Nobody likes Wolverine anyway, he can stay a bad guy or whatever!

• AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options

For OPs issue - seems to be about changes to “start of turn” since EOTS last ran and Kang.

If you have a possible power (like Polaris or Gorr) that kills an enemy at the beginning of the turn ending the wave, it seems Kang sees the. It-yet-arrived enemies as “away” and declares you the winner of the whole node.

Workaround: don’t use characters that auto damage in start of turn with Kang on wave nodes.

• dianetics
    Options

The interactions are not consistent as far as I’m aware. Devs said they had a fix so we only have to sit through it for one event.

But maybe this time the ones getting the bug are the lucky ones by not having to sit through 5 full wave nodes 😆

• Bowgentle
    edited March 2023
    Options

I don't even... Just make it like any other pve that you ran since taking over.
    Done.
    That's all.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:
    In the meantime we appreciate you all for playing through its flaws and are looking ahead for ways to make it up to you.

The compensation I would accept is a Okoye, Shang and Apoc vault! Should be easy to set up and I can give you come of my CP hoard. Everyone wins.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:
    Hi all! Kang wave-related issues are fixed, in QA, and awaiting patch as of yesterday when I last checked in with the character engineering team. As for the return of EotS, we're learning alot about the process and what it will take to further modernize this event (all of which are things that will benefit future event returns). In the meantime we appreciate you all for playing through its flaws and are looking ahead for ways to make it up to you.

Thanks for posting here, much appreciated. 🙂 Never ever run The Hulk 7 Day PvE, that would go someway to making things up! Oh also...5 wave nodes for 3*...maybe not?

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2023
    Options

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:
    Hi all! Kang wave-related issues are fixed, in QA, and awaiting patch as of yesterday when I last checked in with the character engineering team. As for the return of EotS, we're learning alot about the process and what it will take to further modernize this event (all of which are things that will benefit future event returns). In the meantime we appreciate you all for playing through its flaws and are looking ahead for ways to make it up to you.

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS you can modernize it by removing the leaderboard and making personal and alliance and rewards progression only like boss events.

• Scruffyhansolo
    Options

Thanks folks for all the info.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:
    In the meantime we appreciate you all for playing through its flaws and are looking ahead for ways to make it up to you.

The compensation I would accept is a Okoye, Shang and Apoc vault! Should be easy to set up and I can give you come of my CP hoard. Everyone wins.

I get you are being sarcastic. But those that have apoc Okoye and shang at 550 don't win.

Instead if there was a way to make a vault churn out your favorited character that would be better.

• whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:
    As for the return of EotS, we're learning alot about the process and what it will take to further modernize this event (all of which are things that will benefit future event returns). In the meantime we appreciate you all for playing through its flaws and are looking ahead for ways to make it up to you.

So you either knew about the CL10 issues and ran with it anyway, or you didn’t know…I don’t know which would explode my head more. Either way, it’s not a good look.

• Scruffyhansolo
    Options

@Codex said:

@Tony_Foot said:

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:

I get you are being sarcastic. But those that have apoc Okoye and shang at 550 don't win.

Instead if there was a way to make a vault churn out your favorited character that would be better.

How about a vault that earns 5* favorite shards as one of the rewards?

• Scruffyhansolo
    Options

A lot of folks seem grumpy about the amount of waves and battles for l9 and l10 but if it's gonna earn me that many covers and shards for the newest 4* character I'm not complaining.