Reddit/Discord getting more information than the MPQ Forum

Options
2»

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

Maybe the new team is warming up to the forums? I noticed an active admin today so there's hope. Or maybe they were just lost 😉

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Maybe we need to offer them some cookies?

• CoxLargo
    CoxLargo Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options

I really think we need the info posted here first, any info

• AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options

@dianetics said:
    I understand discord… but Reddit? Really? Reddit is like the cancer of the Internet.. the group think capital of the Internet. My advice if you use Reddit get off the internet for a month and interact with real people.

I think it has a lot to do with how a subreddit is managed and the particular community. I've known a few great subreddits, and the MPQ one is well-run and rather positive in tone.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,559 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@CoxLargo said:
    I really think we need the info posted here first, any info

Same here, I assume Discord/Reddit are less of a dumpsterfire like Twitter, but I'm not interested in going through those to find the info that should be here.
    Also, can the in-game news tell us which characters we need for what vault please?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Generally speaking, having your official news outlets be on a platform owned/controlled by someone who isn't you is a recipe for a rugpull; generally you want to keep your players within your ecosystem. I'm sure whoever is doing the posting there is just naturally already there, so it's probably a human nature thing.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:
    I understand discord… but Reddit? Really? Reddit is like the cancer of the Internet.. the group think capital of the Internet. My advice if you use Reddit get off the internet for a month and interact with real people.

While the "group think" thing may be true for some of the massive subreddits, there are a lot of useful and good smaller subreddits serving particular interests that are not like that at all.