Can an MPQ character be overpowered on offense?

Options
124»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:

@entrailbucket said:

I've posted this question quite a few times, but it's relevant here: if players view the "playing matches" part of the game as annoying busywork that's preventing them from getting rewards, what do they plan to use those rewards for? Staring lovingly at them on their roster page? The rewards they give are only useful for playing the game, they have no intrinsic value. If a player wants to skip the "playing the game" part of the game, what's the point?

>

The real problem is playing thousands and thousands times same old characters on same old pves, meaning battles which actually don't add nothing new anymore except the rewards for to continue grinding on the treadmill.

So like, I hear you, but...that's all there is. They haven't really added new events or new event types in forever, and if/when they do, those will just go into the rotation with the others.

I understand getting burnt out on the same old stuff and seeing events as busywork, but once you've got there, what's the point of continuing to play? 10 years in it's not reasonable to expect a total redo, so why keep playing to earn rewards that you can only use to play the same repetitive boring game?

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They added lost in time, cosmic chaos, black widow,...
    3 pves which make some difference in the eternal loop repeat.
    Now they will rerun 7 days pves with new CNs designed for them (first CN by BCS, I hope it will be with moderns characters and actually challenging). After so many years (exactly before scl10 was implemented) that would feel like a change.
    And they said eventually they will create the new pves the game desperately needs.
    So BCS holds my hopes there.
    Besides that, it's just an old habit and a grind for to experience some change with new designed characters in Pvp, given that they won't appear on PvE.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

Bro those events are old as ****, and they removed other events. They stopped running other events. The game is on tiny super small event loop right now.
    What we have and what they want to do are two different things.
    We are seeing eots after years. Great, but what we really need is NEW events that insert newer characters to make the game more fun.

Oh yeah since it’s this thread. A character cannot be too overpowered. But who wants to play that game?
    Unless this is a game for 5 year olds, people want something a bit more than I match and win.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I've posted this question quite a few times, but it's relevant here: if players view the "playing matches" part of the game as annoying busywork that's preventing them from getting rewards, what do they plan to use those rewards for? Staring lovingly at them on their roster page? The rewards they give are only useful for playing the game, they have no intrinsic value. If a player wants to skip the "playing the game" part of the game, what's the point?

Yes absolutely. I have 5 max-champed Bag Men that only get used on April Fools. I have 5 max-leveled 1*s that never get used (3 at least get used in DDQ). This is in part a roster collecting game to me, and I enjoy that aspect of it. Now, I enjoy the gameplay as well, but can say unequivocally that not every person I roster is useful for “playing the game”. This is also true for anyone who has spent money on costumes. It’s something “to stare lovingly at” that has no impact on gameplay and yet I see a lot of high end players buy them.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

@entrailbucket said:

Yes absolutely. I have 5 max-champed Bag Men that only get used on April Fools. I have 5 max-leveled 1*s that never get used (3 at least get used in DDQ). This is in part a roster collecting game to me, and I enjoy that aspect of it. Now, I enjoy the gameplay as well, but can say unequivocally that not every person I roster is useful for “playing the game”. This is also true for anyone who has spent money on costumes. It’s something “to stare lovingly at” that has no impact on gameplay and yet I see a lot of high end players buy them.

The point I was making here was about players who want what is essentially a "win this fight" button. I like the roster collection part of it too, and I also have some characters that I never use, and some costumes.

I still like playing the game part of the game, and I don't treat the game part of the game as busywork that I wish I could skip. If the only thing you enjoy is the roster building part, I don't know what you're still doing here.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,234 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Daredevil217 said:

@entrailbucket said:

The point I was making here was about players who want what is essentially a "win this fight" button. I like the roster collection part of it too, and I also have some characters that I never use, and some costumes.

I still like playing the game part of the game, and I don't treat the game part of the game as busywork that I wish I could skip. If the only thing you enjoy is the roster building part, I don't know what you're still doing here.

That's what confused me with one of the Q&A responses about an "autoplay" feature.

I mean, it would take the game in a new direction if it added a "superhero farmville" vibe to it and you could pop in every half an hour to collect the 50 Iso 8 that 2* Hawkeye had been busy earning from his fight with some random mugger.

It's not really a direction that interests me but hey, if people don't want to match 3 and still want the rewards...

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options

Pve challenge is the speed aspect. That Kang team isn't necessarily very quick. So the challenge is still there, this hasn't changed

• entrailbucket
    Options

The Kang team can be very fast, but it's nowhere close to a "win this fight" button, at least not for most players.

That's why I was avoiding talking about Kang and asking more general questions.