Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@UNC_Samurai said:

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Sekilicious said:
    Nah they ask. Ice answers. Not to mention there are dozens of people posting questions there. Literally tens. Hopefully we get those kind of numbers someday

Isn't that basically a Catch 22? If the Forum was the primary source of updates and information, then should it not get "those numbers"? I have been to the Discord on many occasion and it is really not the ideal place to find actual solid information because it is a blur of people talking nonsense with the odd relevant game thing chucked in and it all scrolls down if you are not there at that pertinent time, it is quite distracting. And hey - I enjoy talking nonsense, don't get me wrong, lol! It just seems a bizarre place to give out all this salient information about the game to then have that brought back here, an official company forum and be parroted by third parties/non official sources. Even yourself as a moderator of THIS forum are sourcing information from non-forum sources (i.e. Facebook yesterday) and thank you for that but if that was all here as well then you wouldn't have to go above and beyond.

It has been this way forever so likely nothing will change it just seems a very strange use of an official forum.

All those players are on Discord because that's the place to go to get insider information. Demiurge folks used to hang out there, answer questions, and drop hints and previews. It was pretty small until that started, then when it became a way to get an advantage, it became mandatory.

There's not really an advantage to getting some clarification a few hours early. Nothing compared to the people elsewhere who...learn about things days, even weeks in advance.

If it was just early info that'd be one thing, but a lot of this stuff never gets to the forum at all.

I do agree about the dataminers -- I still cannot understand why they haven't shut that down (or, at least, started pushing down fake stuff to discredit them) but I guess they don't think it's worth it.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm not sure what advantages dataminers have regarding character releases, considering I have seen them expressed unhappiness about how certain characters were "nerfed" before their official releases. It seems to me, that the word "nerfed" is used pretty loosely. On the other hand, players who don't datamine don't have such additional "emotional baggage" with them.

In the end, the dev can make changes to new releases within a few or many hours before their releases. I remember it happened to mThor (something to do with her charged tiles) and She-Hulk (revive capped at 3). It happened to SC as well. I won't know his passive damage increment includes his blue match (pre-nerf?) if not for those dataminers.

• Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So um, at this point in this thread, can we just rename it as the 'true healing recap' and make another thread for actual Reddit and Discord info?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    I think you remember that backwards.
    They stopped communicating - THEN people started being toxic.
    They got some - understandable - flack for the OML nerf and "you're supposed to lose" but other than that nothing out of the ordinary.

Until they just stopped talking to the forums.

Beside the "You're supposed to lose" from the first Galactus event, I'd say when the devs increased every characters health also caused mayhem. Players complained they could no longer complete a match while on the toilet

• Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

Beside the "You're supposed to lose" from the first Galactus event, I'd say when the devs increased every characters health also caused mayhem. Players complained they could no longer complete a match while on the toilet

Yet another example of the Devs looking out for the community and preventing hemorrhoids.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Heh.
    I was saying they need someone who plays high level PVP on the dev team in 2014.
    And they still do!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,868 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Beast1970 said:
    So um, at this point in this thread, can we just rename it as the 'true healing recap' and make another thread for actual Reddit and Discord info?

Somebody sent you from Discord to say that, didn't they?!?!?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,868 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@UNC_Samurai said:

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    Isn't that basically a Catch 22? If the Forum was the primary source of updates and information, then should it not get "those numbers"? I have been to the Discord on many occasion and it is really not the ideal place to find actual solid information because it is a blur of people talking nonsense with the odd relevant game thing chucked in and it all scrolls down if you are not there at that pertinent time, it is quite distracting. And hey - I enjoy talking nonsense, don't get me wrong, lol! It just seems a bizarre place to give out all this salient information about the game to then have that brought back here, an official company forum and be parroted by third parties/non official sources. Even yourself as a moderator of THIS forum are sourcing information from non-forum sources (i.e. Facebook yesterday) and thank you for that but if that was all here as well then you wouldn't have to go above and beyond.

It has been this way forever so likely nothing will change it just seems a very strange use of an official forum.

All those players are on Discord because that's the place to go to get insider information. Demiurge folks used to hang out there, answer questions, and drop hints and previews. It was pretty small until that started, then when it became a way to get an advantage, it became mandatory.

There's not really an advantage to getting some clarification a few hours early. Nothing compared to the people elsewhere who...learn about things days, even weeks in advance.

If it was just early info that'd be one thing, but a lot of this stuff never gets to the forum at all.

I do agree about the dataminers -- I still cannot understand why they haven't shut that down (or, at least, started pushing down fake stuff to discredit them) but I guess they don't think it's worth it.

It feels like there has been less datamined stuff posted recently but maybe it has just been that the new character clues have been so obvious for the last few releases.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'd say dataminers stopped exactly when the new studio took in charge.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They didn't stop.
    It's just not as widespread anymore.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:
    I recall that time and that post quite well. It was early in my MPQ playing days and I was probably still a 2* player then.

I was a definite abuser of Prologue healing back in the day.

As Entrailbucket noted, there were lots of 50+ page threads in those days anytime players even slightly thought things went against them. On the other hand, it was VASTLY more difficult to build your roster in those days. There was no such thing as saved covers and other goodies (champ levels for more resources) we take for granted today so it was easy to waste lots of covers (ie had to sell them for ISO) and other resources so it definitely felt a lot worse when a change happened that caused more wasted resources and time.

KGB

Hehee We were all 2/3 players back then. No doubt the forums have changed. There should be a one time amnesty and allow the old members back into the forums.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Phumade said:

@KGB said:
    I recall that time and that post quite well. It was early in my MPQ playing days and I was probably still a 2* player then.

I was a definite abuser of Prologue healing back in the day.

As Entrailbucket noted, there were lots of 50+ page threads in those days anytime players even slightly thought things went against them. On the other hand, it was VASTLY more difficult to build your roster in those days. There was no such thing as saved covers and other goodies (champ levels for more resources) we take for granted today so it was easy to waste lots of covers (ie had to sell them for ISO) and other resources so it definitely felt a lot worse when a change happened that caused more wasted resources and time.

KGB

Hehee We were all 2/3 players back then. No doubt the forums have changed. There should be a one time amnesty and allow the old members back into the forums.

Hell it was even a challenge to progress to 3* land back then until DDQ was introduced. I feel like I was stuck using 2* Daken, Wolv and OBW for at least a year lol

Also, let's not forget how horrendous some 3*s were back then before their rebalances (e.g., Beast, Spidey, She Hulk, and even IM40!). You needed Hood to reign supreme. I'm sure new players think Hood is a joke now