1* Tournament (Back to Basics)

Options
2»

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Patch Notes for this was placed up here. The first post of this thread has most of those details in any case, but still.
  • I just lost to 50 IM35, 50 Mstorm, and 20 dark widow. This tournament promises to be embarrassing.
  • Received all my missing rewards from previous tournies, including Cap covers to finish him off. Good timing, now I don't need to do this tournament and can focus on tne Avengers one. Will still get the 500 tier reward.
  • How are these rewards supposed to help new players. Does anyone in PvP, go look ill skip this fight because they have a cap or venom? Thor or Wolverine or Daken *shudders* covers would of been much better.

The storm covers are nice, but how many people can get to 1100, normally its a pain unless there is a lightning round on at the same time.

Guess I should be greatful they are trying, but I dont see how this is going to breach the gap. But maybe thats not the point.

And I was close with my moonstone prediction as a reward icon_lol.gif
  • This is good for new players.
    Advice: Play hard and aim for progression rewards, esp. C-Storm covers, since the rank rewards kinda suck...
  • I just lost to 50 IM35, 50 Mstorm, and 20 dark widow. This tournament promises to be embarrassing.

No kidding, for a while there, I wasn't sure I could make it to 50 points icon_eek.gif
  • M.Storm can wreck your day with her red and green powers.
  • Best team is probably c.storm juggernaut and ironman. Nobody wants to attack that team.
  • You mean m. Storm?
  • Ranzera wrote:
    You mean m. Storm?

sorry. Im used to typing c.storm lol
  • I've been skipping IM, Venom, Juggs. Too many hit points.
  • This is a great tournament! icon_e_smile.gif

Evenly matched, with no ridiculous high-damage abilities and a nice variety of teams, the rounds last a long time, and you're always on the edge of you seat, wondering if you can finish off Widow or Storm before they unleash their abilities... icon_lol.gif

I'd forgotton how devastating Widow's stun can be...
    Tournament makes me wish I'd leveled up the 1*s a little more though...

Observation: is IM35, the only 1* that has a yellow ability?

Suggestion to Devs (cause this tourney is rad, and hope to see more icon_e_wink.gif )
    - a couple more 1*s with yellow abilities would ensure a plethora of different team combos
    - rewards could include more 2*s/heroic tokens. This is, afterall, what new players to the game need. Some Thors, Wolvies, etc. in the mix at attainable points (<1000) would be sure to entice new players to keep playing...
    - the high level ranking awards could actually be really good (3*, or even 4*). This would bring even seasoned MPQ player into the mix to be humbled icon_lol.gif
  • the experience of this tournament has been quite satisfying, there's actually room for strategy and tough decisions instead of Rag or Thor hammer through everything.
  • mytisbrewin
    mytisbrewin Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MrMeer wrote:
    This is a great tournament! icon_e_smile.gif

Evenly matched, with no ridiculous high-damage abilities and a nice variety of teams, the rounds last a long time, and you're always on the edge of you seat, wondering if you can finish off Widow or Storm before they unleash their abilities... icon_lol.gif

I'd forgotton how devastating Widow's stun can be...
    I had a great match with Widow left against Storm and Juggs, took 4 lots of widows sting to gradually take them down. This and the 3 star tournament have definitely led to me having more tactical matches recently.
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    I was in the top ten for so long and was banking on getting a new red and yellow Captain to add to my yellow, but of course being in London doesn't help. Woke up to find myself slipped down the table and luckily still received a Cap, but another yellow icon_e_sad.gif

It's no joy having to set an alarm for 4am GMT to try and finish the tournament!!!!!

icon_e_sad.gif
  • I saw the longest turn by an opponent I've ever seen in this tournament this weekend. With cascades, m. storm's lightning, venom's snare, and thorned rose, the opponent slowly demolished my entire team. My phone timed out twice, so the turn lasted over two minutes. I had nearly full health on all three characters, but my opponent kept feeding itself until it wittled me down to nothing. It was quite impressive to watch. I've done similar things, but it is surprising when it happens to you.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Blue Shoes wrote:
    I saw the longest turn by an opponent I've ever seen in this tournament this weekend. With cascades, m. storm's lightning, venom's snare, and thorned rose, the opponent slowly demolished my entire team. My phone timed out twice, so the turn lasted over two minutes. I had nearly full health on all three characters, but my opponent kept feeding itself until it wittled me down to nothing. It was quite impressive to watch. I've done similar things, but it is surprising when it happens to you.
    I had the same thing with Thorned Rose and an opposing Black Widow. I really think that the AI decided it had had enough and was going to show me what I had been doing to it with Spider-Man in the Venom Heroic.