1* Tournament (Back to Basics)

Options
Event #1 for this weekend is 1* Tournament, with Captain America as top prizes.

No buffs. 200 opponent brackets.

Captain America as top prizes (1-25)
Venom from 26-75.
Standard Token 76-150.
140 ISO 151-200.

Random smattering of rank rewards -- Heroic token at 800, 100 HP at 1000, Classic Storm at top tiers.

Comments

• This really needed to happen. Thanks Devs icon_e_smile.gif
  • Finally my collection of all 1 stars at max level has some use icon_twisted.gif
  • I sold my 1* iron man and storm lol
  • Giv e devs credit, after the **** they took for the 3 star and lightning tourneys, these tournaments this weekend is very new blood friendly. I'm very happy with the devs right now.
  • I finally get to break out my 5/5/4 IM35 again. icon_twisted.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Love the new tourneys. No new characters or really nice rewards, but I get the feeling we're going to see something awesome soon!
  • I actually need to finish off both Cap and IM40, so I hope you high level players with maxed cards be kind. But yes, I'm loving these events.
  • Note I updated this thread with a bit more info on the first post (rewards, etc).

I'll dip into this one for some of the rank rewards, but I don't care at all about the final placement. Hopefully that'll go to some people who need them.
  • Cool. New players will really appreciate this.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Also really like the end at same time. So you essentially have to choose which one you want to place high in.

I don't think we had the conversation much the first time we had this tournament, but what do people think are the best teams? IM35 + Modern Storm + Widow?
  • Nemek wrote:
    Also really like the end at same time. So you essentially have to choose which one you want to place high in.

I don't think we had the conversation much the first time we had this tournament, but what do people think are the best teams? IM35 + Modern Storm + Widow?
    Offense is probably that team. Swap IM for juggs on defense.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Juggs is useful for quick kills if you can afford the heals.
  • Nemek wrote:

That's what I will be rolling. It's good to use your first team again icon_e_biggrin.gif

IM35 5/5/3
    Storm 5/3/5
    BW 5/5
  • BW 5/5
    Jugs 5/5
    Venom 5/5

Too bad I stopped leveling them a while ago... *gulp*
  • The rewards arent worth it for me to level my 30 Widow / 22 Juggs / 16 venom lol
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    The rewards arent worth it for me to level my 30 Widow / 22 Juggs / 16 venom lol

Lol, no joke. My one-stars are woefully underdeveloped, aside from Juggernaut.
  • My fresh created ragnarok will go for deserved rest.

Nice step for newcomers. +1 for devs
  • The progress rewards will perfectly complete my C.Storm if I can get that high. Someone else can have the placement rewards.
  • I was afraid of this... I've been selling all my 1 star covers to make room for 2 and 3 stars that I randomly pick up icon_neutral.gif I don't really want to buy HP just for spaces, so I guess I'm out of this one. First I haven't entered since I started with Dark Avengers tourney
  • Misguided wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    The rewards arent worth it for me to level my 30 Widow / 22 Juggs / 16 venom lol

Lol, no joke. My one-stars are woefully underdeveloped, aside from Juggernaut.
    Hawkeye is one of my more developed 1-stars. But his lowest health in the game puts a big "attack me" sign on your back.

1-stars only need like 5-10k ISO to max so I probably will anyways.