Pick my next 5* Champ!

2»

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards

I would pick IH given your list. However, I have found that with boosts (+2 all, Red, Purple) that MT/SC is way faster than Okoye/IH in PVP and PVE. Perhaps my Okoye isn't at high enough levels to really be faster but I don't play Okoye/IH ever any more.

• MrDupaTM
    MrDupaTM Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Scarlet Witch (WandaVision)

I like to play SWitch with SC. Use her pink to generate red and voila.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Hulk (Immortal)

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Hulk + Okoye are pretty fast - I was using 5* Deadpool in the middle of that on pick-3 nodes for my core "hard node" pve team in SCL10, but i've since moved to Shang-Chi/Professor X/America Chavez who feel sometimes faster, sometimes slower, I can't really be sure. But I did a timed test one time, with both teams animations off, different subs though because I just have the one account, and it was a good 15 minutes faster to do 4x clears of SCL10 all in one go with the SC based team. I use Rocket/Juggernaut/3* GotG for the easy nodes, and as mentioned i still use hulkoye for the pve pick 2 nodes unless there is a particularly hard 5e node or something.

I don't find America reliable. Even bringing AP boosts, the AI's RNG and passive AP generation with goons too often renders her inert for my tastes. But I also have a 529 Okoye with a level 5 Talon Fighter boost. That could be skewing my results.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kamala Khan (Origin)

The fact that there are a lot of 550 SC all of a sudden after anniversary implies that those speed chasers believe in SC to help them secure top placements. As a matter of fact before all these 550 SC appeared, I was hitting T10 in the first bracket with 450 SC + boost. Now, it's slightly challenging to hit T10 consistently in scl 10.

Out of that list, BSSM needs the most love. I wonder why he doesn't have any web mechanic.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,592 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023
    Scarlet Witch (WandaVision)

Of your picks, with your roster... iHulk may get you farther faster.

But Wanda is great and could be the leg for a second team for you.

It does not matter that much...iHulk or Wanda, those are the first 2 you should level. I only say Wanda because she has more uses outside of 1 team.

edit**
    Wanda -> iHulk -> KK -> Onslaught ... then the rest.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

@Bowgentle said:
    Ihulk and it's not even close.
    Hulkoye rules PVE.

If he already has chasm baby champed is there an argument to take ihulk up to 400 or so rather than all the way to champ? It won't naked hulkoye much worse for pve, and it will definitely make it easier to ensure chasm is always tanking in pvp.

I think I agree that ihulk is the most important character on the potential champ list. Switch is arguably close to that level of value as she is generally great and a strong ihulk counter.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Hulk (Immortal)

@HoundofShadow said:
    The fact that there are a lot of 550 SC all of a sudden after anniversary implies that those speed chasers believe in SC to help them secure top placements. As a matter of fact before all these 550 SC appeared, I was hitting T10 in the first bracket with 450 SC + boost. Now, it's slightly challenging to hit T10 consistently in scl 10.

Out of that list, BSSM needs the most love. I wonder why he doesn't have any web mechanic.

The fact that there are a lot of maxed SCs after anniversary is more indicative of the fact that you could get a bunch of SC covers, and other 5* covers, for hero points by buying out that vault. This was one of the most generous vaults in the history of the game.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kamala Khan (Origin)

I think the other 5* covers were Kitty and someone else (BRB?). Given that they are careful with how their resources are used, SC got to have some value for them to buy out the vault. I remember players being unhappy with 1 or 2 of the rotation because some other 5* was rotated in, and they called it poor value or a skip. Some other players still bought it due to some other reasons.

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards

@Timemachinego said:

You've already got Mighty Thor champed, I like to get some wins out of her and Colossus (all the cascades make use of his high base damage) if I don't have anyone fun to play on the boost list. Also, if you're not playing for time, Col's damage reduction neuters SC unless he can get to a high combo value so that's kind of fun. I put 5* Emma in as a third for sim pvp to ramp up their damage and it's a really fun team (Jane yellow hits like an absolute truck lol), just not viable when you're aiming high.

I haven't used Jane with Colossus yet, thanks for the idea!

• mega ghost

@Sekilicious said:
    Onslaught is a great partner for Shang-Chi. Neither are meta but can be fun.

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    If you're playing Shang-Chi heavily, I like Onslaught with him quite a bit. having said that, I use iHulk/Okoye on all pick-2 nodes in PVE

Before I made this poll I was leaning towards Onslaught for this precise reason, but I've also been using Shang-Chi excessively and don't want to burn out on him. Having more go-to teams will be my priority.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Hulk (Immortal)

Yeah burnout is real. I have 3 to 4 main teams also for that reason. Matching 3 in a slightly different way helps sometimes.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Hulk (Immortal)

IHulk is best for speeding through PVE.
    Wanda is really only a problem anymore when she is boosted

• mega ghost

With nearly half the votes, Scarlet Witch is now my latest 5-star champ at 5/3/5 — thanks, all!

And based on the feedback, iHulk and Kamala are next up.