Spider’s questions on PvP

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

More players should play PvP! The mechanics are complicated and weird and that scares a lot of people away, but it's not nearly as tough as it looks. And the rewards/effort ratio is actually better than PvE once you figure out your routine.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    Yeah, what Bow said. The first step using Line is about using excess HP to reduce the number of game played from 50 to around 20. Placement is a different game all together.

This would be loads better if I could reduce my games by that much

• Sp1d3r
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    More players should play PvP! The mechanics are complicated and weird and that scares a lot of people away, but it's not nearly as tough as it looks. And the rewards/effort ratio is actually better than PvE once you figure out your routine.

This is the reason I avoided it for so long

• Sp1d3r
    Options

Well my hoard isn't going great average 140 cps a week but since I've stopped opening LLs my LL intake has dropped massively I only have 10 in 3 weeks 🤦🏻‍♂️ its gonna be a long road to 300 pulls 🤣🤣

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023
    Options

Probably not as long as it seems. Most cp and tokens come from champ rewards so as your roster grows the quicker it will get. Keep cycling your 2 and 3* farms…

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Best tip for hoarding: ignore your CP and tokens.
    Don't even look at them.
    You'll be surprised how much easier this gets once you're past 1k CP.

• Sp1d3r
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    Probably not as long as it seems. Most cp and tokens come from champ rewards so as your roster grows the quicker it will get. Keep cycling your 2 and 3* farms…

Is there a "best" way to farm? At the minute I keep 3 2* maxed for ddq then I have all 12 (I don't roster bagman) rostered at lvl 40 until I have 50 saved covers for 1 then I max champ, sell, re roster and start again.
    My 3* I fave the highest lvl 1 until they hit 266 with 3900 saved shards then I sell and re champ. Is there anything I can do better?

• Sp1d3r
    Options

1 more question sorry.. I've been seeing ppl get between 50 and 70k a day iso is this true? I've hit all nodes today on pve scl10 and done 2 ddq I still had yesterday's to do) and I've hit all daily quests and still only hit 32k

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Sp1d3r said:
    1 more question sorry.. I've been seeing ppl get between 50 and 70k a day iso is this true? I've hit all nodes today on pve scl10 and done 2 ddq I still had yesterday's to do) and I've hit all daily quests and still only hit 32k

Depends on champ rewards.
    70k on lightning round days, not on average.
    40-50k daily sounds about right with t50 PVE sub and some alliance rewards in PVE and PVP.
    Deadpool alone gives about 20k combined with the daily quests.

• Sekilicious
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Sp1d3r said:

@Sekilicious said:

Is there a "best" way to farm? At the minute I keep 3 2* maxed for ddq then I have all 12 (I don't roster bagman) rostered at lvl 40 until I have 50 saved covers for 1 then I max champ, sell, re roster and start again.
    My 3* I fave the highest lvl 1 until they hit 266 with 3900 saved shards then I sell and re champ. Is there anything I can do better?

Not really. Some just keep 3 random 2* champs and cycle them as soon as they can re roster. Three less slots I guess. I keep Storm, Magneto, Hawkeye champed, though cycle the max as soon as I can champ the dupe. I do the same for the 3* cause sometimes I don’t have the required 4* in DDQ champed. I also keep a float of iso to champ a 3 or 4 if necessary. Eventually I expect I will just keep max champed 3s lying around in case I need one, probably when I’m post iso in 300 years.

Oh, and max bag man gives an LL token. He is definitely worth cycling as well.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don’t keep any 2* max champ rostered at all.
    When a 2* gets max and I get another cover I sell the champ right away.
    If you have 3 champed 2*s you should be able to clear any nodes you need them with. Since it’s for the daily deadpool it really doesn’t matter how fast you go either.

Generally while farming the 2s only three seem to get recycled at a time. Keeping anything rostered and not recycling them makes them dead weight. Unless you devote a roster slot to a 2 max champ which seems silly really.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options

I keep Storm, Magneto, and Hawkeye max champed as two stars for the DDP.

I then have one slot for a copy of those three and each of the other two stars. As soon as one has maxed saved covers with another cover to recruit the next copy, I level it all the way up and collect the rewards and then sell it. I find this a lot less tedious than other methods.

• Sp1d3r
    Options

@captainheath said:
    I keep Storm, Magneto, and Hawkeye max champed as two stars for the DDP.

I then have one slot for a copy of those three and each of the other two stars. As soon as one has maxed saved covers with another cover to recruit the next copy, I level it all the way up and collect the rewards and then sell it. I find this a lot less tedious than other methods.

Yes this is exactly what I do

• Sekilicious
    Options

The 1 and 2* nodes in the DDQ are among the worst in the game. It is well worth the 3k to 6k hp to lessen it a bit

• Sp1d3r
    Options

True but at bthe minute I have 12k hp I've always been ok for that.. I only ever spend hp on roster slots so have plenty.. oh apart from the time I spent about 15k on shards for apoc so I could champ him which I massively regretted because I'd have champed him 1 day anyway

• Sekilicious
    Options

Apocalypse is a great character and in his case bigger is very much better.

• Sp1d3r
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    Apocalypse is a great character and in his case bigger is very much better.

Haha yes hes very good and makes everyone else better

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options

He was my 1st 550 and I don't regret it at all. When Chasm came on the scene he threw me for a loop but now even that god awful team is cake.

• Sp1d3r
    Options

@Pantera236 said:
    He was my 1st 550 and I don't regret it at all. When Chasm came on the scene he threw me for a loop but now even that god awful team is cake.

He's good enough at 450 I can't imagine what he's like at 550.. and boosted 🤯

• Sp1d3r
    edited March 2023
    Options

Pulled my 1st hoard before riri rotated out I had 136 pulls.. my hit monkey is now at 10 covers and so is riri.. I didn't even have wong rostered and he's now at 12 (with the 2 from boss event).. the LL train is definitely the future for me 😁 thanks for all your help