What 2,000 tokens got me.

Akoni
Akoni Posts: 790 Critical Contributor

I'm going to disappoint you from the start by saying no LL tokens were spent. I'm still hording those. This post might still be able to provide insight to 1-4* players, though.

With that out of the way, I wanted to see what impact a decent number of tokens would have on my roster. I usually spent tokens as I went without tracking so I never paid attention to what I got from them. Since I've cut my play time and inadvertently horded various tokens, I decided to just keep going and see what would happen. Here are a few details to give you an idea of where my roster is pre-pull (since I farm, I will not be posting my whole roster):
1. Eight 5star soft-capped at level 300 with 12 covers
2. Unrostered 5star: Spider-Man (Peter Parker) with 380 shards
3. Undercovered 4star: Black Knight, Deathlok, Doop, Gertrude Yorkes, Gorr, Hulkling, Melinda May, Namora, Puck, Reptil, Rhino, She-Hulk, Spider-Man (Oscorp), Taskmaster
4. Unrostered 4star: Abomination
5. Highest 4star: America Chavez at 328
5. Uncovered 3star: Arcade, Hit-Monkey
6. Favorites: 3star Cyclops, 4star Cyclops, Shang-Chi
7. Iso = 3,691,086
8. Red Iso = 727,326
9. HP = 19,730 (I have 8 empty slots so do not plan on buying more slots)
10. CP = 1006
11. S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank = 166

Number of tokens used
Standard = 200
Heroic = 300
Elite = 1,000
Mighty = 500
Total = 2,000

Standard Token Pull Results
1star = 165/200 (82.5%)
2star = 32/200 (16.0%)
3star = 3/200 (01.5%)
3star shards = 1200 + 200 bonus
Covers from champ rewards = 4
Iso = 3,807,336 (sold 1star covers, champ rewards, 87,500 from S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank)
HP = 19,730
CP = 1.025
S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank = 167

Heroic Token Pull Results
2star = 193/300 (64.3%)
3star = 90/300 (30.0%)
4star = 17/300. (05.6%
3star shards = 3,080 + 250 bonus
4star shards = 940 + 200 bonus
Covers from champ rewards = 20
Tokens from champ rewards = 7x LL, 2x Mighty, 19x Heroic
Iso = 3,440,158 (champed three 2star and two 3star)
HP = 21,340
CP = 1,084
S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank = 167

Elite Token Pull Results
2star = 700/1000 (70%)
3star = 300/1000 (30%)
3star shards = 13,100 + 1,600 bonus
Covers from champ rewards = 52
Tokens from champ rewards = 16x LL, 20x Mighty, 37x Heroic
Iso = 3,479,071 (champed 11 2star & two 3star, sold ten 2star dupe, 175,000 from rank)
HP = 26,940
CP = 1,224
S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank = 169

Mighty Token Pull Results
3star = 425/500 (85%)
4star = 75/500 (15%)
3star shards = 6300 + 250 bonus
4star shards + 1600 + 150 bonus
Covers from champ rewards = 20
Tokens from champ rewards = 35x LL, 5x Mighty, 5x Heroic
Iso = 3,055,057 (champed six 3star, 87,500 from rank)
HP = 26,990 (bought 3 slots)
CP = 1,472
S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank = 170

Updated Roster
1. Added covers to some 5star characters, but no major changes here.
2. Spider-Man (Peter Parker) still unrostered with 380 shards
3. Hulkling is now at 12 covers. Black Knight, Deathlok, Doop, Gertrude Yorkes, Gorr, Melinda May, Namora, Puck, Reptil, Rhino, She-Hulk, and Spider-Man (Oscorp) have added covers but are still undercovered. Taskmaster remains untouched.
4. Abomination is still unrostered, but now has 200 shards
5. America Chavez is now at 329
5. Arcade is rostered at 169. Hit-Monkey is rostered at 266 with a duplicate at 183.

Takeaways
1. Hoarding standard tokens makes no sense.
2. Hoard heroic, elite, and mighty tokens if you're interested in champing a particular 3star. Otherwise, just spend as you go. LL tokens are the only ones worth hoarding.
4. Casual players may find that elite tokens rack up surprisingly fast. I don't know why.
5. Quick claim for 50 is helpful, but still takes forever. Documenting/note-taking aside, expect to spend an hour trying to cash in large amounts of tokens.
6. Regardless of how many extra roster slots you have, you will always need to buy more slots. This is not debatable.
7. 10 out of 10 would not do again.

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

In another instance of "lowest-possible-priority QoL fixes that are relevant to like 5 players," I've always wanted an "open all tokens" button.

I know a lot of players never open anything ever and would never use this, but for people with no patience who hate tapping the button over and over again, it'd be a godsend.

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards

As a 5*player, the one other thing I hoard besides LTs is the taco tokens.

Since the only item I care about is the LT, I hoard 300 tokens and then pull until I get the LT. Then I stop. This changes the math from 1/300 to 1/150 on average. (1/150.5 to be exact)

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    In another instance of "lowest-possible-priority QoL fixes that are relevant to like 5 players," I've always wanted an "open all tokens" button.

I know a lot of players never open anything ever and would never use this, but for people with no patience who hate tapping the button over and over again, it'd be a godsend.

Or at least add a 3rd option like 100 to speed the process even more when opening huge hoards.

What they really need is zero animation opening. The open 50 takes more than a minute due to each token opening animation. Instead, just instantly display a 5x10 grid showing the 50 covers then after you hit OK, display the shard info. That would dramatically help opening hoards.

KGB

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2023

@scottee said:

Since the only item I care about is the LT, I hoard 300 tokens and then pull until I get the LT. Then I stop. This changes the math from 1/300 to 1/150 on average. (1/150.5 to be exact)

I think I'll try this thanks.
    Once you've pulled the LL do u wait until your back upto 300 before pulling again?

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

Same, I'm switching to scottee method

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards

@Sp1d3r said:

@scottee said:

I think I'll try this thanks.
    Once you've pulled the LL do u wait until your back upto 300 before pulling again?

I do a variation of this. I pull until I get all the 4*rated prizes (minus the iso), then rebuild

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,760 Chairperson of the Boards

Potential problem with hoarding Tacos is when you open them one by one, there's a decent risk that you'll click on one of the buttons next to it and waste HP.

• Sp1d3r

@Alfje17 said:
    Potential problem with hoarding Tacos is when you open them one by one, there's a decent risk that you'll click on one of the buttons next to it and waste HP.

Yes a cpl of ppl in my alliance have done this

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

Or at least add a 3rd option like 100 to speed the process even more when opening huge hoards.

What they really need is zero animation opening. The open 50 takes more than a minute due to each token opening animation. Instead, just instantly display a 5x10 grid showing the 50 covers then after you hit OK, display the shard info. That would dramatically help opening hoards.

KGB

You know, I'm remembering a different game I played a long time ago that had "auto-open" as a setting for each type of token -- you could turn it on and then instead of getting the token itself, the game would just cash it out instantly and give you whatever was in the token.

Again, this would be like a crazily low-priority QoL fix, but having a setting per token pool would save time for those who wanted to save time, and allow people to hoard whatever categories as well.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards

@Alfje17 said:

I have genuinely fallen asleep whilst pressing the button and woken up to a 10 pack.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards

As mentioned by the OP, I hoard the "other" tokens so I can insta-champ new 3's. It barely makes a difference in PvP, and I might even be working against myself. Since I get them champed, I feel compelled to use healthpacks on them. In 5* land, that's probably just a waste of a pack 95% of the time.

But the OP was an interesting read, anyway.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

@Borstock said:
    As mentioned by the OP, I hoard the "other" tokens so I can insta-champ new 3's. It barely makes a difference in PvP, and I might even be working against myself. Since I get them champed, I feel compelled to use healthpacks on them. In 5* land, that's probably just a waste of a pack 95% of the time.

Is that necessary in the grand scheme of things? it's SO quick to champ them anyway, do you find having them champed a week earlier really beneficial?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

OP how long did it take you to save that many tokens?

• Sp1d3r

@Omegased said:

@Borstock said:

Is that necessary in the grand scheme of things? it's SO quick to champ them anyway, do you find having them champed a week earlier really beneficial?

I don't hoard at all I have 3* hit monkey fully covered with 14 saved covers they practically throw them at u

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 790 Critical Contributor

@Omegased said:
    OP how long did it take you to save that many tokens?

I started "hoarding" them sometime earlier this year around April or May, I think. I had to cut back drastically on play due to work. I decided to only do Deadpool Daily and the daily quest for a month or so, then I added PvP back into the mix. I rarely touch PvE anymore. As part of this cut back I decided not to worry about using tokens unless needed for the daily quest. I would also endulge in Taco tokens if there was a cover I needed.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

If you are really serious about finding out whether you can catch up or whether you'll have extra cps, you need to track your LT and CP. Do a weekly and monthly average for 2 or 3 months. After that, choose the lowest average just in case there's any "unusual" income from other rare events like Shardmas or multiple big cp rewards from farms.

For example, I decided to start tracking today and I haven't started my MPQ day (play DDQ/PVE/PVP etc) yet.

Week 1
    Jan 2: 30 LT / 1000 CP
    Jan 9: 39 LT, 1450 CP (before clearing MPQ events)
    Average Daily Income: 1.28 LT and 64.28 CP

Week 2
    Jan 16: 49 LT, 2000 CP
    Average Daily Income: 1.42 LT and 78.57 CP

Do this for 2-3 months to get a better picture of your income and you'll be able predict the future without fear or uncertainty.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

@Omegased said:

@Borstock said:

It helps to have a new 3* champed for its release pvp event. So you can spec it correctly

• Sp1d3r

@HoundofShadow said:
    If you are really serious about finding out whether you can catch up or whether you'll have extra cps, you need to track your LT and CP. Do a weekly and monthly average for 2 or 3 months. After that, choose the lowest average just in case there's any "unusual" income from other rare events like Shardmas or multiple big cp rewards from farms.

For example, I decided to start tracking today and I haven't started my MPQ day (play DDQ/PVE/PVP etc) yet.

Week 1
    Jan 2: 30 LT / 1000 CP
    Jan 9: 39 LT, 1450 CP (before clearing MPQ events)
    Average Daily Income: 1.28 LT and 64.28 CP

Week 2
    Jan 16: 49 LT, 2000 CP
    Average Daily Income: 1.42 LT and 78.57 CP

Do this for 2-3 months to get a better picture of your income and you'll be able predict the future without fear or uncertainty.

I might start a spread sheet yo keep track.. I started my hoard of LLs and cps 2 days ago I had 0 of each now I have 3 LLs and 81 cps this little break in events won't help but nevermind

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Then, start tracking when things become normal again. This break will cause your average to drop greatly, which could be good or bad, depending on how risk-averse you are. You need to do it only once and you can use this average to plan 3 months in advance. That is how I figure out whether I can pull for any special cp store or classic store without causing me to miss out on champing latest.

• Sp1d3r

@HoundofShadow said:
    Then, start tracking when things become normal again. This break will cause your average to drop greatly, which could be good or bad, depending on how risk-averse you are. You need to do it only once and you can use this average to plan 3 months in advance. That is how I figure out whether I can pull for any special cp store or classic store without causing me to miss out on champing latest.

Thanks this is great advice.. the only cps I will miss out on is the 22 in pvp for 1200 pts or 50 wins