Beating Wolvie in the Strike tile node

2»

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

I used prowler and relied on giving green to wolvie. It definitely took longer amount of time, but the real key is being disciplined in letting wolvie have the green (to fire his power) and being patient with letting the AI dictate the match.

Its definitely harder than most weeks, but pretty reasonable if you stay consistent in letting the AI take green and fire your stuns and invisiblity at the right times.

Having a max Prowler for the extra health is a big benefit as well.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

@nwahs086 said:
    Who did you use to beat the Puzzle It Over - Round 3 against Professor X, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist? Only deal damage when enemy protects are matched.

Luke Cage creates a protect tile every time you cast a power, so bring anyone with a cheap power. The real secret is that 4* Venom creates a yellow enemy protect tile every time the enemy takes damage, so if you bring him, every time you match a protect tile, he'll create a new one.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards

I ended up Whaling it.

I tried with Gamora and Carols Communicator (for true healing). Spent 15 minutes or so trying to stun and kill him but got frustrated due to the purple power removing the specials and not auto winning (they need to fix it so it doesn't do that instead of hindering you or turn on the auto win again). At that point I had 30 AP in everything but Blue and I was tired of the battle so I whaled it.

Next time they need to change Wolvie to only have 4 in Yellow so the auto heal isn't on unless you allow a lot of Yellow tiles. That would at least let you wear him down.

KGB

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@nwahs086 said:
    Who did you use to beat the Puzzle It Over - Round 3 against Professor X, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist? Only deal damage when enemy protects are matched.

Luke Cage creates a protect tile every time you cast a power, so bring anyone with a cheap power. The real secret is that 4* Venom creates a yellow enemy protect tile every time the enemy takes damage, so if you bring him, every time you match a protect tile, he'll create a new one.

That's one way.

Another is to bring Mantis and use Yellow to give your protects to the enemy right as you are ready to match them for damage (obviously bring someone to make protects for you). I find Mantis to be more reliable than Venom since if the enemy gets too many protects (due to Cage) then Venom won't make any protects due to the damage threshold.

KGB

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards

@nwahs086 said:

Coulson, 5-star Hawkeye, 4-star Gamora. Keep Professor X and Iron Fist stunned. Let Luke Cage generate protect tiles, then stun him. Repeat unto victory.

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards

For Wolvie...
    Prowler. Tinkerer support worked fine. Use black to avoid damage from his green/red (not to just produce strikes, but to prolong your life). Use blue to stun, but only if he's missing health AND if you have a plan ready to hurt him more... no reason to stun him at full health with no strikes to match.

For Luke Cage...
    No 5*s used...
    Go Prowler, Venom (brock), Mantis
    The stage drops more yellow, Mantis will use it.
    Prowler fortifies enemy tiles. And when you match them, you take ownership.

So... this happens...
    Match a fortified protect...
    Damages enemy...
    Venom makes a new enemy protect tile...
    Prowler takes the tile...
    Mantis makes a passive stun countdown (I put her purple at 3, because 2 turn stun was enough... I wanted healing at 5)...
    Then use Mantis yellow on any friendly protect (which you now have a new one. Thanks prowler!)... make sure it's an easily matchable one.

Keep doing that. Mantis will keep you healthy, and enemies stunned. Prowler will keep fueling her madness, and provide another stun option. Venom provides more ammo for you to continue these fun times.

Use supports for more fun... like Element Guns or something similar that fortifies friendly tiles, so you can keep your protection longer, or keep those countdowns safe.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

I found that the best way using patch + polaris teamups. Just collect all the green you can and then stun the ai whenever you think you can get a good run of strike matches (ie when there is lots of green on the board ready to match). You need 8 strike matches before the ai can start healing to win.

Gamora theoreticallh has the kit to do this strategy without teamups, but if her purple procs you will be back to the beginning. That was more hassle than I wanted.