Family Legends Store

IrisRyu
IrisRyu Posts: 174 Tile Toppler

There’s a new LL Store featuring Jessica Jones, Prof X and Dr. Strange (because he’s never featured). It’s like the MPQ equivalent of getting socks for Christmas. Thanks?

Comments

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker

Yea I saw that this morning when I got on and instantly thought, Dr Strange, again? Lol

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

That restraining order on Strange didn't last long, apparently.

Oh, it was cease& desist

@Lionowilson [Forums] Question 1: With the shear number of potential 5* characters, why is 5* strange in nearly every release store? Answer: The frequency of occurence of 5* Strange was really a perfect storm of coinsidences. Strange is high ranking in the Fan Favorites poll, had notable connections with our thematic Legendary Stores, and had an event or two right afterwards. I've since put a cease and desist order out on 5* Strange for a bit, lol.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

Oh man that’s rough. I get the same response to my cease and desist orders at my own job…

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards

i could use new socks, mine stink > @IrisRyu said:

There’s a new LL Store featuring Jessica Jones, Prof X and Dr. Strange (because he’s never featured). It’s like the MPQ equivalent of getting socks for Christmas. Thanks?

i could use socks.. my old ones stink

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards

@bigjojo04 said:
    Yea I saw that this morning when I got on and instantly thought, Dr Strange, again? Lol

Me too! Then i got excited to see there was a red blob in the Events milestones, but then there was only one. 🤣

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards

@Scofie said:

@bigjojo04 said:

Me too! Then i got excited to see there was a red blob in the Events milestones, but then there was only one. 🤣

I remember this from last year - we'll get one every day for each of the twelve days, matching the group that's featured that day.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker

I actually do need 1 Strange cover to finish him.

Threw 14 pulls at the store and didn't pull a single 5* . Stopped before sunken cost fallacy makes me spend my fledgling hoard on chasing a Strange cover, lol. Whoever pulls, I wish you better luck than me.

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler

Easy decision for me. Skip this one and buy the Colossus cover for 250 CP. Thank you. Really.

• GrimSkald

@AlexR said:

Threw 14 pulls at the store and didn't pull a single 5* . Stopped before sunken cost fallacy makes me spend my fledgling hoard on chasing a Strange cover, lol. Whoever pulls, I wish you better luck than me.

Unfortunately that happens all the time. I've gone 30 or 40 pulls without a single 5* many, many times. My pull rate overall, though, is slightly higher than average so I have no cause to complain - bad runs are exactly why I track my pull percentage.

Unless you're flush with CP, it's almost never worth it to pull from a store that doesn't have at least two characters you really want (and you don't mind getting the third, I'd say.) The chances of not getting what you want are too high otherwise.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker

@GrimSkald said:

@AlexR said:

Unfortunately that happens all the time. I've gone 30 or 40 pulls without a single 5* many, many times. My pull rate overall, though, is slightly higher than average so I have no cause to complain - bad runs are exactly why I track my pull percentage.

Unless you're flush with CP, it's almost never worth it to pull from a store that doesn't have at least two characters you really want (and you don't mind getting the third, I'd say.) The chances of not getting what you want are too high otherwise.

Yeah, agreed. I track mine too, which is why I'm not too upset-- I was slightly above average before and my current dry streak brought it back down to average now, so. To be expected. Still sucks, of course.

Also, I wouldn't have minded getting any of them-- my JJ is half-covered and Prof X is in a sorry state and often mentioned in teams here, so I'd have happily taken a cover for any of them. Ah well. At the end of the day, I want to build my hoard up for the day SWitch is finally in a store, so I cannot just go spend it randomly chasing a Strange cover. Gotta draw a line. 14 pulls without a 5* is enough frivolity I'll allow myself in this one, haha.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@GrimSkald said:

@AlexR said:

I threw my CP at the Holiday store with 4 5* characters. I wanted 3 of the 4. Guess which one I fully covered? The 3 I wanted only got a few.. annoyed

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

You guys shouldn't average in your pull rates from different stores. It can skew your numbers. For example, say the Family Legends store was front packed for you and you got 15 five star pulls out of 40. That's not going to affect your continuing average in the Latest store. The 5* stores all have the same pull rate but they are independent from one another.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker

@killahKlown said:
    You guys shouldn't average in your pull rates from different stores. It can skew your numbers. For example, say the Family Legends store was front packed for you and you got 15 five star pulls out of 40. That's not going to affect your continuing average in the Latest store. The 5* stores all have the same pull rate but they are independent from one another.

Every single pull you make is independent from all of the other pulls you make, no matter the store.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

@fractalvisions said:

@killahKlown said:

Every single pull you make is independent from all of the other pulls you make, no matter the store.

That's not how it works in this game but you go ahead and keep pulling with that assumption.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

@killahKlown said:

@fractalvisions said:

@killahKlown said:

That's not how it works in this game but you go ahead and keep pulling with that assumption.

Source for this?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

Interesting! How do you know this?

How many pulls in the sequence are predetermined in advance? How do they know how many times you'll pull on a given store?

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

@entrailbucket said:

How many pulls in the sequence are predetermined in advance? How do they know how many times you'll pull on a given store?

This is pretty well established by player testing and development commentary here and elsewhere. It's also mostly off limits here on the forums as it is very close to discussing exploits.

I think it is safe to say that each player has a predetermined, independent set of pulls (out to infinity) for each legendary store. If you pull enough from any store you will approach the target 85%/15% 4/5 split assuming the game's random number generator is not faulty. What happens in one store should not have any effect on any other store.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

Mod note. A comment was removed that outlined a known game exploit. This is a violation of Rule 8 regarding hacks. Please do not post exploits in the forum chat.

• GrimSkald

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

This is pretty well established by player testing and development commentary here and elsewhere. It's also mostly off limits here on the forums as it is very close to discussing exploits.

I think it is safe to say that each player has a predetermined, independent set of pulls (out to infinity) for each legendary store. If you pull enough from any store you will approach the target 85%/15% 4/5 split assuming the game's random number generator is not faulty. What happens in one store should not have any effect on any other store.

There used to be an exploit where people would pull and if they didn't like it, they would crash the game so it wasn't recorded. Years ago they resolved this exploit by pre-generating pulls - as far as I know they pre-generate dozens (if not hundreds) of pulls for each individual store. The game knows exactly what you're going to pull before you pull it.

OTOH as far as I know they don't force the pulls to conform to the pull percentage exactly, it's just pre-generated. It is still random, just predetermined random. So while each store has it's own "list," I think it would be a mistake to assume that each list exactly conforms to the pull chance, or that all your lists conforms to the pull chance. But with odds being as they are, the more you pull, the more likely it will conform to the pull chance.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker

Exactly. It doesn't matter when the calculation was made, if all pulls are independent (and I see no reason to doubt that they are) then there's nothing wrong with averaging pull rates across stores.