Captain America (First Avenger) Unannounced Buff?

Options
2»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Before someone says "well of course he's good at 550"...

Yes, except I'm using him to fight characters that are also 550. If you're fighting good characters that are around the same level as your Cap, then he's usable, and I'd argue that he's really quite good. You have to match tiles and collect AP to win -- you can't just sit there and watch the enemy die, but characters like that should exist for those of us who like that play style.

I can't speak to how good he is when punching up 50 or 100 levels, but how often are you really doing that?

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Omegased said:

@Bzhai said:

>

His blue makes him a decent third with brolaris and a better power to dump blue when you've got winfinite going.

I can't see how that works? A winfinite with brb and Polaris only works when you have someone using green to destroy tiles?
    Team of 4 is the new meta I'm thinking.

Haha teams of 4 would be ridiculous..there's been so many times I've thought.. if only

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    In pick 3, you can add any number of folks to augment this team more.

I like running FA Cap and Kitty with Valkyrie. Since yellow is the strongest color on the team, it takes nothing for 5* match damage to both trigger Valk's bounty hunter tile (for extra yellow AP) and for the enemy to trigger her passive strike tile creation.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

New numbers (450):
    15135 target damage
    5341 AOE damage
    2 strength 1246 attack tiles
    2 strength 2225 protect tiles
    2-turn random stun

Shoutout to my alliance.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I guess I’m just wrong then. The only buffed non-boosted I see is Jean. I play in the dullest slice though. I play the last slice so there is not a lot of variety.
    I ran into a couple boosted caps and crushed them. Maybe on a different boost week he will be better?
    I don’t see any value in his kit, but I’m happy to be wrong. What does he do better than others?

• entrailbucket
    Options

He has decent health and match damage, and active powers that are reasonably costed and hit as hard as an active power should. That's really it. Maybe a lot of people don't have him, or haven't bothered to check him out since the buff?

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There’s not a harder hitting yellow in the game than FA Cap’s. FosThor’s yellow needs nearly half the field full of charges to compete.

I love him with Deathlock/4* Sam Wilson

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If only there was some way to exploit Danver5 to power this yellow…

• entrailbucket
    Options

Let it go, man...no way she's keeping that terrible passive after her buff (which is surely on the way).

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

NeverForget

Wow, dropping a pound sign makes this go into header font I guess. No more hashtag jokes for your boy I guess

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

To add: there was a good string in the “latest fun teams” thread where we were discussing CAFA after the stealth buff and we commended the balance. The red is spot on now going from what I believe used to be an 11AP, garbage-numbered 3 cover to likely one he best skill. I’ll take a fortified tile any day, but as @entrailbucket pointed out, it’s commensurate for the cost.

I climbed with he and Colossus this past event and they were so much fun together. He provided the offense, Colossus with the defense. They both have the same health and Colossus guaranteed Yellow propagation as the strongest color. Blue still did good damage and if you wanted to throw Cap’s Yellow in Wanda’s face, you could opt for the Metal Man’s blue and melt her repeater for efficient firing.

But sadly, they really need to revisit and “give that man a shiel….Passive”

Personally, if he could create passive special tiles on match or turn or the sort, it could give the user some pause as to setting his Blue to 5 over the Red. But he just needs a passive. You know, to be unique, like everyone else.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Someone on this forums likes to hit me with FACap/Hawkeye/Shuma Gorath. It's a fun team, and I've tried it out myself. Cap's best build now is easily 5/5/3, and at similar levels Cap's Yellow has higher match damage than Shuma's Green, so Cap's Red will be generating Yellow AP for you, in addition to all the Red and Blue AP that's already being generated.

This is one of the better buffs imo. They left both his Yellow - which was previously his best skill, and is now jussttt behind his Red - and his Blue - which was solid - alone, while giving his Red a nice boost. He went from being "the 5* with the best Yellow in the tier*, solid when boosted, ignore otherwise" to "the 5* with the best Yellow in the tier*, with a great Red, and is a great 3rd option to round out teams, who would be used more often if not for Jane Thor, who shares all his colours and is generally all-round better".

*a case can be made for Apocalypse heh.