Captain America (First Avenger) Unannounced Buff?

HoundofShadow
HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

I came across this thread in reddit and the player mentioned red power cost was reduced from 9 to 7 and there was some match damage buff.

I went to check other players' rosters and he has higher match damage, compared to characters like Heimdall and Crystal, even though they are at the same level. It does look like he received some buffs, match damage and power damage wise when I checked his character thread.

This buff looks similar to 5* IM Mark XLVI's, so he might not be worth a threat.

Comments

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler

@HoundofShadow said:
    I came across this thread in reddit and the player mentioned red power cost was reduced from 9 to 7 and there was some match damage buff.

I went to check other players' rosters and he has higher match damage, compared to characters like Heimdall and Crystal, even though they are at the same level. It does look like he received some buffs, match damage and power damage wise when I checked his character thread.

This buff looks similar to 5* IM Mark XLVI's, so he might not be worth a threat.

yep, i started a discussion with 5 star iron man's unannounced buff, i was pleasently suprised as well, definitely way better now

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

For a moment I was excited because I was comparing mine to his Character Post, but the post wasn't updated from his first rebalance. His Red is much better with the reduced cost of 7 and ability to get 7 or 9 AP back in 2 turns

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

Anybody have any idea what his yellow does exactly? I remember there's a stun and critical tile somewhere in there.

His blue makes him a decent third with brolaris and a better power to dump blue when you've got winfinite going.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor

@Bzhai said:

>

His blue makes him a decent third with brolaris and a better power to dump blue when you've got winfinite going.

I can't see how that works? A winfinite with brb and Polaris only works when you have someone using green to destroy tiles?
    Team of 4 is the new meta I'm thinking.

• will7612
    will7612 Posts: 55 Match Maker

@Omegased said:

@Bzhai said:

>

I can't see how that works? A winfinite with brb and Polaris only works when you have someone using green to destroy tiles?

BRB + Polaris + Carnage4 is a great Winfinite

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

@Omegased said:

@Bzhai said:

>

Okay well not exactly winfinite but on some long fights where brolaris gets so much blue that you stunlocked the entire enemy team and have excess blue. That usually happens to me on challenge nodes.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

Health and match damage have definitely been modernized. Not sure why his yellow power description was updated while they were in there.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

Event Milestones have made a return with the 12 days as well

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

@Bzhai said:
    Anybody have any idea what his yellow does exactly? I remember there's a stun and critical tile somewhere in there.

Nick Fury yellow makes critical tiles (I always confuse these two powers too).

Cap does aoe damage, single target damage to the guy in front, creates 2 attack tiles and 2 protect tiles, and stuns a random enemy for 2 turns.

At 550 after the buff (so you can estimate what he's like when boosted), the numbers are 13,160 aoe damage, 37,289 single target damage, 2 strength 5484 protect tiles and 2 strength 3071 attack tiles.

Also at 550, his red power now does 45,780 damage, and he has 175,480 health.

It's a bit of a disappointing buff but it should be enough to make him usable when boosted.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards

Just wanted to say these buffs make cap do work with Hawkeye. Especially with 4* Black widow with her batons support. Really fun.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    At 550 after the buff (so you can estimate what he's like when boosted), the numbers are 13,160 aoe damage, 37,289 single target damage, 2 strength 5484 protect tiles and 2 strength 3071 attack tiles.

Is there a way to know what those numbers are at 450? I don’t know if there’s a quick/easy formula.

• HoundofShadow

450 --> 550 = ~2.16x
    450 --> 569 = ~2.5x
    550 --> 672 = ~2.55x
    450 --> 672 = ~5.51x

• Daredevil217
    edited March 2023

Thanks. So would this seem right then for a 450 Cap? (Would like these numbers in my rankings guide).

6093 aoe damage, 17263 single target damage, 2 strength 2539 protect tiles and 2 strength 1422 attack tiles.

Edit: this is from my old entry, so if the math is right, it looks like they almost doubled up on the damage. Nice!

“For 10 AP, Cap and friends do roughly 9k damage to the target, ~3k AOE damage, stun a random enemy 2 turns, and throw down 4 specials (2 strength 765 attacks and 2 strength 1366 protects).“

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

Are you still updating your rankings?

That's an excellent piece of work.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor

I had posted this in his character thread:

@MoosePrime said:
    The in-match description tells what it does, the description in the roster does not.
    Edit: Level 454, with 5 in yellow:

• Daredevil217

Ohh that’s interesting. I literally searched through random alliance rosters until I stumbled on a 450 Cap to find my numbers. Finding one I can face in a match is much harder lol

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

He’s better but I’m not sure even with the buff you will ever see him. I think the only adjusted hero I have seen in pvp is Jean Grey.
    I would say she is the most successful buff.

Cap isn’t bad now, he was before. But, really you need to find a reason to use him. He doesn’t sit in with a lot of teams well. If Team Cap had meaningful buffs and synergy he could be a centerpiece. As it is, he not quite as good as the next guy for everything he does.

• Daredevil217

I actually liked him before the rework. His yellow was enough for me to play him occasionally. I think he needed a numbers boost badly and he got a pretty big one. He also has a lot of heavy hitters on team Cap (Jess, Switch, Okoye, Kitty, Kamala). Tony just has Shang, Riri and Deadpool of note- all of whom have significant overlap.

The thing is, Cap is an old school toon and he lacks a passive which is pretty much mandatory to be a meta/top tier character. I still think this buff was enough to give him value boosted.

Play him with Kitty, +1 r/y. Make two red matches, and Cap is hitting with that red nuke. After two turns he’s following up with that yellow salvo. Now Kitty is going to work buffing the special tiles. In pick 3, you can add any number of folks to augment this team more. Is this going to supplement Chasm? Of course not, but I think Cap will be more than usable boosted.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023

@dianetics said:
    He’s better but I’m not sure even with the buff you will ever see him. I think the only adjusted hero I have seen in pvp is Jean Grey.
    I would say she is the most successful buff.

Cap isn’t bad now, he was before. But, really you need to find a reason to use him. He doesn’t sit in with a lot of teams well. If Team Cap had meaningful buffs and synergy he could be a centerpiece. As it is, he not quite as good as the next guy for everything he does.

I've seen quite a few of the adjusted characters in pvp since their rebalances. I saw a lot of banner hulk in pvp after his rebalance both the times he's been boosted and I ran him myself. He's actually a threat when boosted now. Same thing with Fatpin. I saw a decent amount of starlord when he was boosted too, his powers still aren't great but his match damage is so high that he does big chunks of damage just on that alone.

• HoundofShadow

If CAFA had Nick Fury's yellow, he would be another counter team with Electro. Gain 10 yellow ap and pop his yellow creating 3 critical tiles and stunning target for 2 turns. Let iHulk fill up 10 yellow aps duriing these two turns, and then pop yellow again.

Right now, his yellow stun is random, and it doesn't create critical tiles.