Character Update: Iron Man (Mark XLVI) (Live 12/8)

2»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

I use it along with filter by tier a lot when I'm playing in shield sim.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    Does anybody ever use the filter by colours option?

I use it to make sure someone on the team can use Chasm's colors for active powers.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards

I’ve used it looking for characters, yeah.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

All the time.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor

@DAZ0273 said:

I do. It's the fastest way to find some specific 4/5 char buried in the middle of that tier of your roster.

"How many more X23 covers do I need to get the next OMDaken shards?"

Filter 4*
    Filter green, red, pink ;)
    Bingo, there's X23

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker

5* Ironman needs another go. His biggest issue wasn't the numbers (though, ok, did need an update) but the fact that it's still hanging on the events of Civil War. Tony and Steve have already made up, it's time to bury the hatchet or release an Ironman (Endgame).

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

@killahKlown said:
    Shang Chi is team iron man. That has the potential to get nuts

Except why would you ever use IM's red if SC is on the team?

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

Because its a strong kill shot. I use other character reds all the time with my Shang Chi.

You'd use Chang red and pink to generate more red. Then go for IM kill shot.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards

@Vhailorx said:

@killahKlown said:
    Shang Chi is team iron man. That has the potential to get nuts

Except why would you ever use IM's red if SC is on the team?

As the finisher. When using Jane/Shang I sometimes use Jane's Red when there's just one enemy left. Saves a fair bit of time not having to choose 3-5 tiles to destroy. The only time in such a scenario where I'd use Shang's Red over Jane is if I have to heal Shang.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

Thanks mods for pointing me to this thread. I wanted to post some thoughts after using him for an entire event.

I have iron man champion maxed (lvl550) so I was running him at lvl672. After the buff, he's a lot better, but that was a really low bar to clear. Basically, he has insane health and match damage now, but all his powers are still pretty underwhelming.

Red is an ok damage power, but it feels like it's costed based on the ceiling of damage it can do, rather than the floor (which is a far more likely result given the composition of Team Iron Man).

His blue power is ok, but I forgot the new passive existed and didn't notice it doing anything. The major problem with blue is that when the enemy's strongest color is red, it doesn't really do much. Since Iron Man will really only see use when boosted, the enemy's strongest color will often be red, so it's kind of useless.

His yellow is just completely unusable at 12ap. It does do an insane amount of damage if you manage to cast it and protect the (happily, now-fortified) CD tiles, but the likelihood of that is very low. The defensive part of it is fairly worthless, and if removing it would lower the cost, I'd make that trade in a second.

Anyway, he's not bad at max level now, which is a huge change. He was actually bad at lvl672 before the buff. Having insane health and match damage can go a long way -- look at Colossus. But especially when sharing the boosted spotlight with a character like Bruce Banner (a legit killing machine now who got buffed into one of the best characters in the game (yes, really)) this buff is a bit of a missed opportunity.