Character Update: Iron Man (Mark XLVI) (Live 12/8)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
edited December 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

Match Damage and Health updated to current 5-Star strength.
Health Level 450: 81194
Match Damage Level 450: 949/1068/831/115/125/135/4.2x/528

Abilities
The Winning Team - Increased damage by ~60% for both base and bonus damage.
Girl FRIDAY - Added an additional Passive. (PASSIVE) FRIDAY's data is always useful at getting Iron Man into position. Whenever the enemy team makes a match in their strongest color, Iron Man steals 1 AP of that color as Red AP.
House Party Protocol - Increased damage by ~60% and tiles are now Fortified. Due to his increased health, the breakpoint for destruction of his summoned armors is also increased.

While these updates aren't as in-depth as some other recently updated characters, it does give Iron Man a much needed update to the punch of his abilities, as well as giving him a bit of counterplay in AP steal against teams that focus on specific colors. Hope you enjoy this updated suit of armor to protect the world that is Iron Man (Mark XLVI!)

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

Nice little update,

House Party Protocol is also now Fortified, so that makes it much more useful.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

I'd rather see the first 5* Captain America get another update. My fully covered one was awful in the Namora Shield event

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2022

Yellow is still too costly to be considered for a defensive tool. I mean look at Elektra's yellow, similar effects for half the cost.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards

Little Updates that just add to an already mechanically interesting character are great. Looking forward to taking him for a spin.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 806 Critical Contributor

Stand down Stark, your upgrade isn't gonna do much.

• ThaRoadWarrior

So far, not doing a ton in the current Simulator for my MMR; I feel like I want him to pair with Frost to stack that red, but they don’t have much staying power. Who is even on Team Iron Man besides 5* Doc Ock?

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor

The buff is appreciated, but looking at my newly-champed 450 IM, all his match damage numbers are lower than what's listed above by 1 point, except black which is correct and TU which is over by 8. So mine are:
    948/1067/830/114/124/135/4.2x/536

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards

This rework is nice.

Although I would have had him finished if they granted retro rewards on his 4 star swaps lol

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards

If people want some numbers, here's mine at 464. I realize that's not typical, but it's better than nothing. My Iron Man's Health is 90442

Red -
    At 5: 15867 +14678 per Team ally
    At 4: 14875 + 12297
    At 3: 13883 + 9917

Blue - No scaling per level

Yellow - Triggers at 11900 (13% of total health or so.)
    At 5: 15352 damage
    At 4: 13646 damage
    At 3: 11941 damage

Red hits pretty hard - that's 30545 with one Team-mate, 45223 at two. Not bad, though at 9ap that's not the most accessible power in the world (particularly if someone is running Chasm. OTOH Thor can feed it.) I honestly forget who's on his team these days, as I recall Cap's team is a lot better...

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

Shang Chi is team iron man. That has the potential to get nuts

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

Nice update. His blue and yellow are still pretty costly. 10 AP and 12 AP? Well….. here’s hoping a character comes along that cuts double digit cost powers in half.

• Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker

Never played team IM before. So I try IM she-hulk and JJ. IM red is only doing 27k in damage. Then try old school team IM with BP for she-hulk out and JJ still as the 3rd. Still 27k in damage.

I've never play team IM before, but he should be going around 40k in damage. Right?
    Ironman is level 451

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

5* Team Ironman includes Black Panther, Ghostpool, Riri Williams, Shang Chi, She-Hulk and both Spideys. Most of his 5* allies look pretty good actually.

A comparison of his yellow and Elektra's yellow:

Reducing damage
    His yellow cds are meant to withstand nuke for himself at certain trigger point(~10k) while Elektra's trap tiles trigger on any damage dealt by enemy and it reduces damage all three of your charactes. If iHulk fires his red for 30k damage, IM XLVI takes zero damage while his allies take full damage. On the other hand, Elektra or her allies will take 15k damage.

Damage at 450
    His cds deal about ~13550 each for 12 yellow aps or ~40,650 in total, while Elektra's trap tiles deal 8688 each or 26,064 for 6 aps or 52,128 for 12 aps

If you want to make things slightly complicated by taking into account her 1 yellow ap return per trap tile activated, you can fire her yellow trap thrice for 12 yellow aps which deals a total of 78,193 damage. This is almost twice (1.92x) of what IM XLVI is dealing.

Other synergies or effects
    His yellow cds might help trigger other 5* non-Team Ironman allies' cd based or fortified tiles based abilities.

Elektra takes back 1 yellow ap for each of her trap activated, and her traps complements only Mr Sinister's blue power.

His cds have extra protection by being fortified while Elektra's trap tiles aren't.

The next question is probably, how often do you eat a nuke from enemy team and how often will he tank damage? If you're building around yellow, Elektra's trap tiles seem to be much better because she can reduce damage for all her allies and herself, while IM XLVI protects only himself when a nuke triggers. On top of that she's dealing an extra 38k damage, which is ~50% health of most 5*.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

It’s as simple as this.

Elektra’s yellow costs 6
    IM’s costs 12

• HoundofShadow

I'm fine with high ap cost power as long as the effect is also good. I'm more of a synergy playstyle, rather than damage/ap + (low ap cost power). For example, Black Hole also costs 12aps but it has really good effects. 5* She-Hulk's red costs 10 and I find that her active + passive red are also good. My impression is that IM is also willing to protect his friends. Maybe, the cds could also protect his allies, or IM could have jump in front mechanics attached to his cd.

I forgot IM helps his allies to gain 1 red ap whenever enemy matches their team strongest colour. This, in a way, helps to "defray" the cost of red power.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

It is a shame they kept the Team Iron Man restriction. Replacing it with Avengers would have been better.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2022

Alternatively propagating that tag out to more characters would also help. I still think supports that can give affiliations to a hero that doesn’t have them otherwise could be pretty cool at some point. X-Men or Guardians insignia being the most useful in the current implementation

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards

Thanks for updating iron man. This makes him better

I hope kingpin can get a buff soon too.

Also you might need to add a way to sort characters by affiliates. Remembering who is on team iron man can be difficult

• HoundofShadow

I wonder how filtering by affiliations would look like. Currently, the highest number of filters are six: by colours.

I think there are over 30(?) affiliations in the game. The elegant way to do it is by creating a search box like Gem of Wars did. The last time I played GoW, the search box lags somewhat, but I'm not sure about now.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

Does anybody ever use the filter by colours option?