LT store based on Fan Favourite is here

Options

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 978 Critical Contributor
    Options

The 5* don't specifically look fan favourite, but in the 4* with increased odds I see some favourites.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options

Not sure why yellow Crystal is included, but the other 3 are Green & Red which are festive colours.

Maybe a reminder not to eat yellow snow from Crystal!

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    The cost is still 25cp.

There are 4 5* though. How did they make the list?

Abigail Brand
    Crystal
    Elektra
    Gargantos

They look like counters to Chasm. Lol.

High on the Fan Fav survey that weren’t picked for previous recent stores.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX said:

@HoundofShadow said:
    The cost is still 25cp.

Abigail Brand
    Crystal
    Elektra
    Gargantos

Abby? Seriously?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is some shocking truths for optimal playstyle players. Lol.

Based on my memory, in no particular order, Kitty, Dr Strange, OML and Okoye were the top fan favourite. Apocalypse, BRB, Wanda, Colossus (?) and Shang Chi came later. So, these four probably got T20 placements. :D
    I wonder where Spideys, Caps, IM and Hulk are ranked in that survey because I thought they are pretty mainstream.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

Abigail is awesome. Just took her for a spin with Hawkeyeball and it was hilarious.

• toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options

It sounds like there would be some interest in seeing the top-20 (?) results from the fan fave survey. Any chance that data could be shared, now or from future polls?
    There often seems to be a disconnect between the fan faves of forum regulars vs the wider player-base, seeing the empirical evidence of the poll might temper the reaction to seeing Dr Strange (again). Or it may do nothing more than fan the flames.. either way it should be fun. :D

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I struggle to believe previous fan favs that weren’t recently used have dropped below abi, Garg and electra. Maybe this is an issue due to only selecting a single top 5*. If we chose 3 I’d bet a Cadbury crème egg they wouldn’t get near the top 10.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I came across an Abigail/Gargantos/Gor team in SHIELD Sim yesterday which I assumed would be a quick easy kill but it was actually quite an annoying fight. I won but it wasn't all that quick.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@IceIX said:

@Bowgentle said:

@IceIX said:

@HoundofShadow said:
    The cost is still 25cp.

Abigail Brand
    Crystal
    Elektra
    Gargantos

Abby? Seriously?

I mean, Omega Red keeps popping up at the top of the most wanted list of characters, and he's consistently jobbed by the X-Men after being built up time after time. He's the Boba Fett/Worf of Marvel. I've given up on anticipating who the player base votes for on these things after around the top 5.

Thank you for this! I have also never understood the Omega Red love. He is just Russian Doc Ock! I just recently re-read his introduction story from X-Men #4-#6 and he isn't even interesting enough to be the only villain! They had to add Sabretooth and the Hand AND a mysterious character from Wolverine's past to make up for how incredibly bland Om R is as a character! Now that said - I could see how he could be a good MPQ character power-wise but he is Jubilee levels of boring. We could have Silver Samurai, Yuriko/Deathstrike or even Wendigo if we want an associated with Wolverine-ish villain! Sorry Omega Red fans...ducks and refuses to reveal where the Carbonadium Synthesizer is hidden

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's just because omega red was a tricky foe on capcom Xmen and his special was able to do huge damage.
    Actually I don't think all that love comes from comics.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bad said:
    It's just because omega red was a tricky foe on capcom Xmen and his special was able to do huge damage.
    Actually I don't think all that love comes from comics.

Ah - Marvel v Capcom 2. Where is Marrow???!?!?!?

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

No, older than that.
    Xmen children of the atom, for arcade saloons 1994.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bad said:
    No, older than that.

I had it on my Sega Saturn but also remember if fondly from Arcades! The Saturn really struggled to run that game due to it's pitiful memory! Also for some reason - Akuma!

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bad said:
    No, older than that.

I had it on my Sega Saturn but also remember if fondly from Arcades! The Saturn really struggled to run that game due to it's pitiful memory! Also for some reason - Akuma!

BERSERKER BARRAGE!

• DAZ0273
    Options

@MegaBee said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bad said:
    No, older than that.

BERSERKER BARRAGE!

TORNADO CLAW!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@IceIX said:

@Bowgentle said:

@IceIX said:

@HoundofShadow said:
    The cost is still 25cp.

Abigail Brand
    Crystal
    Elektra
    Gargantos

Abby? Seriously?

I mean, Omega Red keeps popping up at the top of the most wanted list of characters, and he's consistently jobbed by the X-Men after being built up time after time. He's the Boba Fett/Worf of Marvel. I've given up on anticipating who the player base votes for on these things after around the top 5.

Thank you for this! I have also never understood the Omega Red love. He is just Russian Doc Ock! I just recently re-read his introduction story from X-Men #4-#6 and he isn't even interesting enough to be the only villain! They had to add Sabretooth and the Hand AND a mysterious character from Wolverine's past to make up for how incredibly bland Om R is as a character! Now that said - I could see how he could be a good MPQ character power-wise but he is Jubilee levels of boring. We could have Silver Samurai, Yuriko/Deathstrike or even Wendigo if we want an associated with Wolverine-ish villain! Sorry Omega Red fans...ducks and refuses to reveal where the Carbonadium Synthesizer is hidden

My love for Omega Red was solely from the 90s X-Men show. He had the cool name and look, plus he was very different from the other villains, and was invincible.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Hey guys, you don't have to defend your Omega Red love!!! It's OK, I...hey what's going on buddy? Where did you get those tentacles from and is that some sort of death sparrghhhhh!

Now back on topic - this store has been very unkind to me delivering just a single Abigail cover when I wanted all Crystal, all the time or at least Garg. :( The vaults themselves though did at least have other useful stuff in.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,974 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A brutal 3/35 with 2 of the covers being for Garg who is the only one of the 4 I already have fully covered and didn't want to draw any covers for.

Just a soul crushing result given I've been on an awful streak lately (since Chasm entered latest, I've opened ~250 latest with a draw rate of well under 10% and never came close to covering him) and this just continued it.

KGB