Duplicated cover

aftarquino
aftarquino Posts: 13 Just Dropped In

Hi,

Is still possible to submit a request to change a duplicated cover from Lastest Legends?
My She_Hulk is 5/3/3 with 2 duplicated.

Congrats

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

No, that's what saved covers are for.
    You can trade 3 saved covers for another colour yourself.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

I don't think that's ever been a thing

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

You can have duplicated covers changed?!?! I thought that only applied to Max Champed characters (and not sure that even is a policy now)? Aren't saved covers available for duplicate covers so you can if you wish swap 3 for 1?

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker

It was only available for latest 5*s before saved covers were introduced.

• aftarquino

@DAZ0273 said:
    You can have duplicated covers changed?!?! I thought that only applied to Max Champed characters (and not sure that even is a policy now)? Aren't saved covers available for duplicate covers so you can if you wish swap 3 for 1?

Yes, in the past this was possible, just sending a request to the ingame support.

• aftarquino

@Ptahhotep said:
    It was only available for latest 5*s before saved covers were introduced.

ok, thanks

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

@aftarquino said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Yes, in the past this was possible, just sending a request to the ingame support.

That was years ago. Saved covers replaced that but if Customer Support say that you can please let the Forum know, I think there would be a LOT of interest!

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2022

This was a thing for LL 5-stars before saved covers, when if you couldn't apply the cover within two weeks, it disappeared. You had to work through CS to get them exchanged. With the introduction of saved covers, they don't exchange anymore.

ETA: There was also a time before you could champion a character and add another 100 levels, so that probably played into this as well.

• aftarquino

@Zalasta said:

ETA: There was also a time before you could champion a character and add another 100 levels, so that probably played into this as well.

This explains why a see a lot of people with a 550 Okoye and just few other 5*

• aftarquino

opened a request... let's see what happens

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

AH the time before Shards and Saved Covers. 'Member back in the day, you needed to be a supply chain expert to keep roster growing. I remember there were resource planning models and we had some UPS logistics managers who helped out on the planning phases.

This was back when the game was intellectually challenging and knowing the difference between Statistics and Probability was a useful skill in monitoring drop rates and tier progression.

Hint, You'll never know if they mess up the 5* drop rates in an update unless you know how to interpret Probability and report Statistics.

• Bowgentle

@aftarquino said:

Nothing, because cover swaps haven't been a thing since... 2018.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards

It was the time before champs that leaves a bitter taste for me - selling the very hard-earned 3* Hulk covers because I already had maxed him and had no HP for a dupe....

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor

@Scofie said:
    It was the time before champs that leaves a bitter taste for me - selling the very hard-earned 3* Hulk covers because I already had maxed him and had no HP for a dupe....

A dupe wouldn't have made much sense back then, without the champ rewards. It was way more painful seeing a 5* dying on the vine, because you'd already have 5 in that color.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,230 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@aftarquino said:

Cover swaps still exist, but you'll never do it unless you are a whale or you hoard for years. They will swap covers if you get the latest legend characters to lvl 550. If you get 1 or 2 of the LL characters to 550 they will swap for the one(s) that aren't 550 yet and if you get all 3 to 550 they will swap for characters of your choice.

I have an ally mate who hoarded cp for several years then broke it on collosus, wanda, knull. He got all of them to 550 and used to swaps to get beta ray bill, apocalypse, and okoye to 550 as well.

• Scofie

@Dogface said:

@Scofie said:

A dupe wouldn't have made much sense back then, without the champ rewards. It was way more painful seeing a 5* dying on the vine, because you'd already have 5 in that color.

A good point re: dupes. It was a long time ago but I thought some people kept dupes for PvP and some PvE events like the Hulk 7 day event. I only sold a few 5s back in the day maybe 1 or 2. And some 3s early on because I didn't have the HP and didn't want to sell my odd 4* cover.

• Bowgentle

@BriMan2222 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@aftarquino said:

Cover swaps still exist, but you'll never do it unless you are a whale or you hoard for years. They will swap covers if you get the latest legend characters to lvl 550. If you get 1 or 2 of the LL characters to 550 they will swap for the one(s) that aren't 550 yet and if you get all 3 to 550 they will swap for characters of your choice.

I have an ally mate who hoarded cp for several years then broke it on collosus, wanda, knull. He got all of them to 550 and used to swaps to get beta ray bill, apocalypse, and okoye to 550 as well.

I know that this is still a thing, but... Like you said, if you're that kind of player, you already know about it.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

@Scofie said:

@Dogface said:

@Scofie said:

A good point re: dupes. It was a long time ago but I thought some people kept dupes for PvP and some PvE events like the Hulk 7 day event. I only sold a few 5s back in the day maybe 1 or 2. And some 3s early on because I didn't have the HP and didn't want to sell my odd 4* cover.

'Member when we used to have dupes on 2* OBW? There were definitely a few chars that were worth duping. Keep in mind the damage meta was very different. +500 team heath was a real differrence maker and 4000 damage was a real nuke back then.

Those were good times indeed.

• Bowgentle
    edited December 2022

@Phumade said:

@Scofie said:

@Dogface said:

@Scofie said:

'Member when we used to have dupes on 2* OBW? There were definitely a few chars that were worth duping. Keep in mind the damage meta was very different. +500 team heath was a real differrence maker and 4000 damage was a real nuke back then.

Were they, though?
    Guessing what scoring system PVE would use, 4:35 refreshes, roster scaling.

• Scofie

@Bowgentle said:

@Phumade said:

@Scofie said:

@Dogface said:

@Scofie said:

Were they, though?
    Guessing what scoring system PVE would use, 4:35 refreshes, roster scaling.

It had its moments. I once won a PvE, scoring a 4* Wolverine. Never got close since. But I much prefer it now. So many great aspects to the game.