5* Emma let's go!

Options
MegaBee
MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
edited November 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

58 tokens got me 5 Emma, 1 Chasm, and 2 She-Hulk. No one's champed, Emma's at 6 red, but I've got these CP burning a hole in my pocket...

93 more pulls for 1 Emma, 8 Chasm, and 5 She-Hulk. I can live with 15% rate, and Chasm's champed, so I can chill for a while.

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

53 pulls all my hoarded cp. 1 Chasm (lvl 453), 3 Shulk (5/4/1) , 2 Emma (2/3/4). Not great but progress at least. There should be a 1-2 covers for Shulk from PvE so I’m probably going back to hoarding cp while pulling LL tokens Having a bunch of cp for the holidays is probably a good idea

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

271 pulls but only 32 5* for a rate of 11.8%

And Chasm is still not champed. (Started with 4 covers, but now have 2 saved covers.)

So I'll keep pulling until he's finished. I did champ the other two.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I pulled 52 LTs and finished Chasm.

Hoarding until he leaves packs now. I have about 10 LTs and 1600 CP currently.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I used more than I should because the game kept giving Emma. I felt sick getting so many of her covers. :s

Chasm = C, Emma = E, She-Hulk = S
    Number on the left = n-th pull
    ba = black
    bu = blue
    r = red, g = green, p = purple

1: E r
    3: C g
    11: E bu
    17: S ba
    24: E bu
    30: E r
    32: 50 4* shards
    33: E p
    42: 50 4* shards
    44: C ba
    49: E p
    52: E r
    53: S ba
    54: C p
    57: S r
    60: E p
    78: C p
    85: E r
    86: E bu
    99: 50 4* shards

17/ 100 pulls = 17%
    C: 4: E: 10: S: 3

104: C p
    107: E r
    111: E bu
    112: S g
    117: E bu
    122: E r
    124: C p
    125: E p
    131: S r
    132: S g
    136: S r
    140: E bu
    145: bonus ?? shards
    147: E bu
    150: S r
    151: E p
    155: C b
    155: 50 5* shards
    165: E p
    171: E p
    183: S r

19/ 100 pulls = 19%
    C: 3: E: 10: S: 6

201: E bu
    206: 50 4* shards
    217: E bu
    221: C p
    224: S g
    236: S r
    242: S ba
    245: C g
    250: 50 4* shards
    257: S g
    261: E p
    269: E p
    276: S ba
    278: C g

12 / 78 pulls = 15.38%
    C: 3: E: 4: S: 5

Total: 48 / 278 pulls = 17.27%
    Chasm: 10 covers
    Emma: 24 covers
    She-Hulk: 14 covers

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I went 68/398. Before champ rewards, which was like my first 307 pulls, I had a 19% pull rate which was amazing but then I hit a drought. Overall though I added champ levels to Chasm and She Hulk, champed Emma, Silver Surfer and Havok and am one Blob cover away from champing Sinister.

• MennoKnight
    MennoKnight Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options

80 pulls, finished Chasm, She-Hulk, and Emma. I did have crazy shards stored up, though - >2500 Chasm shards, and 3 covers before pulling.
    Made enough Iso over the Anniversary to champ 5 more 5*s. Big day.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2022
    Options

My pull rate continues to be atrocious. LL's and Release/Special stores the last month and a half I've gone 2/20 with no bonus shards, 7/51 no bonus shards, 3/13 50 bonus shards 4*, 3/36 no bonus shards, and 0/15 50 bonus shards 4*. And I went 3/35 in FF store no bonus shards either. I managed to find a bit of a silver lining today thanks to Chasm & Sersi.

C=Chasm. S=She-Hulk. E=Emma.

Breakdown:
    10/101=9.9% pull rate

10-E-red
    19-C-green
    25-E-red
    36-C-green
    41-50 bonus shards 4*
    43-C-black
    53-E-purple
    78-S-green
    79-E-blue
    82-S-green
    86-50 bonus shards 4*
    92-S-red

Chasm from 2/5/3 to 3/5/5 now champed lvl 450.
    She-Hulk from 2/1/1 to 3/1/3.
    Emma from 4/1/1 to 5/2/2 with 1 saved and 1 covers worth of shards waiting for deployment.

Champed Sersi(451) via shards. Drained all 75 of my LL tokens plus some cp. Got back 9 LL's from champ rewards and still have 1858 cp(started with 2371). I'll most likely pull the rest later tonight to hopefully add some levels to Chasm and if I get my pull rate luck to turn around, champ Emma.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Exactly the same as WilliamK, I went 10-101 :(

1 Chasm
    4 She Hulk
    5 Emma

Not sure whether to weep or smash my phone after this.

In my previous draws for Chasm I went 4/88 WAY back when he first entered (Thor/Kamala were the other 2) and those 4 were all Thor covers.

That means my draw rate is 14/189 (7.5) with just 1 Chasm cover pulled (I'm 14 covers below expected during his time in latest)! As a result I have him at just 3 covers (1 from his store, 1 from his boss event and now 1 from this batch) with another 1500 worth of shards to apply. Even though I'll get a few more draws before he leaves there is no way I'm coming close to covering him. You'll forgive me if I repeatedly advocate for him to be nerfed into oblivion since I'll never be able to use him.

KGB

P.S. She Hulk and Emma are both at 7 covers with Emma at She Hulk at 1000 shards and Emma at 1500.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    Commiserations. I'm currently on a ~10-11% pull rate. Seems like the RNG bug is affecting plenty of people.

It's RNG. That's how random works. I've had dry streaks that seemed abnormal and made me want to pull my hair out. But this store has given me a rate of around 21% so far over 80 pulls that I did. Overall my lifetime 5* pull rate from legendary stores is still 14.8% since the time I started tracking it. It evens out.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I got 1 Chasm!!! But I did only pull 3 LT's and it was actually not green for once so, yay! Him and Shulki5 are looking good for champing and then it may be time to sleep past Arcade (sorry Emma that probably means you as well unless you spit out a lot more covers over the comings days)

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    My pull rate continues to be atrocious. LL's and Release/Special stores the last month and a half I've gone 2/20 with no bonus shards, 7/51 no bonus shards, 3/13 50 bonus shards 4*, 3/36 no bonus shards, and 0/15 50 bonus shards 4*. And I went 3/35 in FF store no bonus shards either. I managed to find a bit of a silver lining today thanks to Chasm & Sersi.

C=Chasm. S=She-Hulk. E=Emma.

Breakdown:
    10/101=9.9% pull rate

10-E-red
    19-C-green
    25-E-red
    36-C-green
    41-50 bonus shards 4*
    43-C-black
    53-E-purple
    78-S-green
    79-E-blue
    82-S-green
    86-50 bonus shards 4*
    92-S-red

Chasm from 2/5/3 to 3/5/5 now champed lvl 450.
    She-Hulk from 2/1/1 to 3/1/3.
    Emma from 4/1/1 to 5/2/2 with 1 saved and 1 covers worth of shards waiting for deployment.

Champed Sersi(451) via shards. Drained all 75 of my LL tokens plus some cp. Got back 9 LL's from champ rewards and still have 1858 cp(started with 2371). I'll most likely pull the rest later tonight to hopefully add some levels to Chasm and if I get my pull rate luck to turn around, champ Emma.

Finally broke out of the bad rng streak I was on.

Breakdown: 17/78 = 21.8% pull rate

2-S-black
    11-E-red
    13-C-purple
    16-S-red
    18-S-black
    30-50 bonus shards 4*
    32-S-black
    33-S-red
    36-S-green
    39-C-green
    46-C-black
    48-C-black
    50-E-red
    53-E-purple
    57-E-red
    59-S-red
    76-C-purple
    77-S-black

Chasm from 450 to 455
    She-Hulk from 3/1/3 to 452
    Emma from 5/2/2 1 saved to 5/2/3 4 saved with 1 cover worth of shards

Champed KK(451) via shards, got 4* Cyclops to 300 for the Cable shards. Now I have at least one cover in all three of Cable's powers. Down to 18 5* characters with missing powers.

Back to building my LL's and CP back up, got 25 combined pulls.

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

I already champ my emma to a bare minimum 450 before she came to latest. Looking forward to shards to make her even at 451 but thats it. In addition my 467 chasm & 460 she hulk are both levelled up nicely. So its saving cp and LL tokens time.

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options

I didn't get a good pull rate, probably around 10-13%, but what I did get was a good order. I got a bunch of Chasm so I was able to champ him. I was going to stop until he left LLs, but felt like continuing to try and get some She Hulks since she was boosted in the current story.

3 of the next 4 five star pulls was She Hulk (and 1 Emma), so then I stopped and will now wait until Chasm and She Hulk are gone.

This was rare for me because usually when I pull I seemingly get like 80% of the newest 5* and like 3% of the oldest of the 3. HAHA. So I am content with this cash in.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

open up 40 2 emma 1 she hulk blah

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I don't care for Chasm and am throwing away any black power covers I get, so I'm hoarding and waiting for him to leave LLs and Arcade to enter.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Heartbreaksoup said:
    I don't care for Chasm and am throwing away any black power covers I get, so I'm hoarding and waiting for him to leave LLs and Arcade to enter.

Throwing away 5* covers? Ouch, that hurts sense of MPQ optimization.

As for pulling for Emma, I'm not sure it will happen for me. Finishing fosthor required slogging through an absolutely brutal run of 80+ pulls at <10%. I am sadly not even sure I will finish chasm. So I may need to skip Emma and arcade to rebuild the hoard.

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@Heartbreaksoup said:

It stings but, I also throw away Gambit and Adam Warlock's black powers as well as Iceman's blue. I'd rather have the pittance of iso they give you in return for them than deal with the negative effects on my team.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Heartbreaksoup said:

@Vhailorx said:

@Heartbreaksoup said:

It stings but, I also throw away Gambit and Adam Warlock's black powers as well as Iceman's blue. I'd rather have the pittance of iso they give you in return for them than deal with the negative effects on my team.

Have you considered applying those covers and then just not using mid-tier, undercovered 5*s? Throwing away 5 * progress in this roster building game is not something you can easily recover from.

Also, one of those things is not like the others. Iceman's blue is surprisingly usable even when he is undercovered and underleveled. It's his yellow that I would rather go without until I am/was ready to champ him.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

Iceman's blue is more useful than his green power. He, together with Dr Thor, can deal with Chasm/iHulk in pick 2. So, your 5* will be capped at 405(?) forever. I did similar thing with 3* Vision before. I threw away his yellow power because it's his worst power. In the end, I move on from that because winning rate is pvp is really high. There will be losses.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Heartbreaksoup said:

@Vhailorx said:

@Heartbreaksoup said:

Just don't use those powers or only use those characters when they're featured in pve. Because with your logic you would have to throw away any cover that does self damage to your character, (Adam Warlock, Ares, 1* Juggs, Daken, 5* Iceman's yellow, Chasm) or self team damage (Rags, iHulk, Sentry) or even any ability that gives special tiles to the enemy like Polaris' blue because the enemy could then use those tiles on you.