Character Rebalances - M.O.D.O.K., Nebula, Silver Surfer

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Those rebalances are pretty positive.
    To ignore revival helps a lo with simbolic message "woho, men at work, I'm tough you know ". On pve many people could use it, if not having whales.
    On pvp I wonder if it wouldn't be another "not happening " case.
    To collect 12 black and to wait 3 turns is something that could happen at 15 turns, if it happens (against chasm double it).
    Plenty of ootions before as it's said.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

People think this will be of use against chasm? I would rather skip still than collect all that black against an ihulk chasm team. Even in the remote chance it was useful how do I get surfer covers?

• Kaidrin1979
    Kaidrin1979 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thats makes SilverSurfer a good counter against the immortels

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    People think this will be of use against chasm? I would rather skip still than collect all that black against an ihulk chasm team. Even in the remote chance it was useful how do I get surfer covers?

Mr. F says hi.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,370 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm also curious how SS's anti-revive against not-immediate revival. Does the downed character get flagged against future revivals in this match?

@HoundofShadow said:
    Thanks for sharing the Gamora experience.

Talking about Lumbercap's ally revive, it will be interesting to know how many times it has been used since its existence. I think it costs 17 or 19 yellow aps. Personally, I don't think I have used this ability more than 5 times.

I think I used his revive about 2 or 3 times since its introduction. However, I never used it with Cap on my team, I only happened to have it as a team-up power in an appropriate situation a few times.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh snap, now I'm sad I don't have a fully covered silver surfer!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why not test Surfer, Electro and 5* Storm? They feed one another.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options

Wow! Nebula really needed it and Surfer now feels powerful but I didn't even think M.O.D.O.K. was a problem. All of these are fantastic - will definitely put some iso into my Surfer even if he is a-ways from being able to be champed.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Why not test Surfer, Electro and 5* Storm? They feed one another.

Yea I’m planning to try that trio out. I thought Elektra’s traps would be useful, but Chasm said no.

In hindsight, for Test Three I should have tried Jane instead of Bolt with Surfer/Storm. That might have brought better results.

EDIT: just used Surfer/Storm/Electro against Chasm/iHulk/Moon Knight. Much better results than all of my previous tests. Managed to get 12 Black relatively quickly and downed Chasm, so I could finish off Hulk and Moon Knight at my leisure. Also managed to use Surfer’s Blue twice to keep him healthy. @HoundofShadow

If the opponent doesn’t have iHulk, I’m interested to see how Surfer/Storm/Jane will fare.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Thanks for testing that out. With iHulk, it's good to have Wanda/Electro to mitigate the initial AoE and late AoE after Chasm is downed permanently. If iHulk isn't in Chasm team, 5* Thor/Silver Surfer should be good because it will be easier to match/cascade into black/blue tiles. That should mitigate the challenge of gathering 12 black aps. I haven't thought of a third for this team yet. Without iHulk in his team, I feel that you can slot anyone into Thor/Silver Surfer.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I mean... if it's only Chasm you don't need a counter. Just kill him last, maybe bring a stun.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

I was thinking of Chasm/She/Hulk + others. If he's alone, then stun is always the default option against meta. I haven't ran into Chasm/Apo/Deadpool yet. Out of all Chasm based teams: 80-90% is made up of Chasm/iHulk/She-Hulk. The other is rare and I don't bother playing against them. :D

• Thorodis0n
    Thorodis0n Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

12 black aps, 3turn and only a blackhole? Let's go, Jane destroys easy its black hole. This s not funny.
    12aps vs chasm is ridiculous!

• supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Is it a bug or intention, that Mthor can clear the black hole? It sucks because I'd want to run her with SS :-D

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I used Surfer/Colossus against a chasm/Jane team in the arcade PVP and that team worked well - the colossus match damage reduction was pretty significant and he tanks a couple colors over Surfer. I never got Black Hole to fire during the match though.

• supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Another fun thing: Against chasm he isnt stunned, so he makes the opening match. And will eat chasms first cascade. This killed my 90k health SS because of two match 4's and a match three in chasms colors.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

SS/storm/electro makes for a really easy to beat team for any other, and it's based on Ihulk having free green which chasm quickly mess up.
    Still the damage taken because of chasm will be great as electro only protects from AoE.
    It's a team focused on the black hole and it's slow anyway as after chasm death it's needed to collect AP for to restore health a bit and for downing Ihulk, but could work on 5* tier.
    On 4* tier it would be harder to put in practice, I guess.

• Thorodis0n
    Thorodis0n Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

@supergarv said:
    Is it a bug or intention, that Mthor can clear the black hole? It sucks because I'd want to run her with SS :-D

Your Match4 and green of shehulk5, can clear bh too

https://youtube.com/shorts/yaglehrpWyU?feature=share

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think this was a great rebalance to Surfer, but it does seem like he is unsuitable as a Chasm counter even though you really want him to be one. I ran him in Pick 3 with Hawkeye/Shuma Gorath trying to see if force-feeding that blue and red would help, but Surfer just ate everything and died quickly. I ran him with Thano5/5Witch, and i won a pick-3 match but hardly in a fashion where I could just do a second one. I've tried him with Doom, but the black siphon isn't that great. Storm is too brittle as a partner. Colossus reducing the match damage is so far the best anti-chasm I've tried.

All these rebalances in this batch seem like net positive too, I don't really see any drawbacks on them.