Arcade boss event harder than usual?

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
Both me and my alliance feels that the side nodes are more difficult than other boss events. The cascades and shenanigans that go on there has cost me ten health packs so far. I use Gritty and Colossus and win, but with losses. How do the community feel? Is this to be the new boss event style?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options
    They have annoying characters like Blob, Carnage, Marvel etc in a lot of nodes.
    Those hurt at level 495.

Cascades aren't more frequent than usual.
  • qandols
    Options
    No, probably not. But when you do get them with Blob, Carnage et al time and time again and just stands there being pummeled for thirty seconds you do get mad. Thats all.
  • qandols
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I especially like that you are offered a level 114 Cyclops loaner against a level 459 Red Hulk. What are they thinking?

Update: If you have Immortal Hulk, Okoye and SW, use them and give TU, Yellow and All AP boosts. Everyone just melts. My mood has improved a lot!
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The loaner is for people with short rosters.  Such people probably would not have the dramatic scaling that afflicts 5* rosters.

I have a separate question: Why does the round 8 Arcade boss have 110k health when he only awards 61k points?
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    From the last few boss events like Gorr they've decoupled the score from boss health. Sometimes they have less health than score, this time more.

Not that keen on it but it does give them some flexibility in design.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Was actually going to post that I thought the event was easier than normal.  

First 3 node sets were standard trivial nodes, but then I thought the node sets 4 & 5 seemed to be easier than normal.  Didn't notice them jump up to the instant hard levels and instead had enemies in the low 100s.

Later node sets were tricky thanks to the mix of enemies offered.  

Also, Arcade didn't seem to do anything, I noticed that some traps did stuff, but the damage was nary a scratch.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,171 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is 3* Arcade going to be a 16-bit sprite like that? That would be amazing

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm finding it to be pretty easy
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm melting the side nodes with BRB Polaris and X-Force Wolverine, no problem at all. Arcade himself is a bit rougher tho. Lost to him last match, mostly because RNG totally screwed me, but still, first time in a good while that a boss has beat me. Don't mind the extra difficulty tho, its fun and I've still already made full progression on the personal track.
  • SandKing
    SandKing Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My alliance just finished both bosses.

Personally, I found Arcade himself to be a joke. I still don't really even know what he does. Champed MThor + Valk consistently murdered him in a couple rounds, with little health loss.

The side nodes, however, were really annoying. They weren't hard per se, but it kept spamming enemies that are awfully irritating to fight.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Throwing a trio of Phoenix (Cyke, Colossus, Jean) at Arcade has done the trick for me.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SandKing said:
     I still don't really even know what he does.
    This.  There wasn't really any "game play" with him because everything seemed so random.  It's hard to avoid things when you don't know what you are avoiding.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SandKing said:
     I still don't really even know what he does.
    This.  There wasn't really any "game play" with him because everything seemed so random.  It's hard to avoid things when you don't know what you are avoiding.
    He never seemed to do anything other than mild damage if I tripped one of his trap tiles. I think he managed to put down a doombot repeater once shortly before I killed him.  
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The wave nodes were easily handled with BRB+Kitty+Polaris.

The Carnage nodes I used Dr. Thor+Okoye+Polaris. Absolutely melts the AI team.

For Arcade himself I used Hulkoye with Scott and Dr. Thor+Chavez with Colossus. Never came close to a wipe against him.

As others have stated, I was a little disappointed with this Boss Event. I thought we might be getting some wacky shenanigans with Arcade, but all we got was a couple of trap tiles that weren't even as strong as the Hand trap tiles. What's that about?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still don't understand why Demastered had nerfed rewards.
    The boss even had more health for the same points as Remastered.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    Options
    I imagine he was probably easy with champed 5*s but if you're in 4* land he can be pretty rough if you get unlucky with RNG. His purple- well I think its the purple- is a huge team hit and if he gets his murderworld tiles up without losing his control room tile he can smack ya for at least 4k a turn on your front man, plus theres the random hits to backline characters as well. Definitely not the hardest boss ever or anything but he managed to wipe me once with some unlucky (for me) RNG, and made me use health packs several times. My best Cyclops was a 3 cover Phoenix Force Cyc though, so I was definitely not working with a full tool kit against him.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    High Level Red Hulk.
    Nothing more.
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I did think the side nodes were a little harder. I used Dr. Thor/BRB/Polaris and had carols communicator and pizza dog equipped, rarely had trouble, never lost, came close once. For Arcade I just took in a cyc America and 5 Colossus and punched. Never knew what he did. 
  • NemoAbernnigan
    Options
    Using him to tank as much as possible to trigger his passive regularly or what? My highest level character is still like 290 at best and my Red Hulk is probably only in the 270s, so he doesn't do that much damage til you can drop the green hammer, and it takes a bit to gen 18 green for the full hammer.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,946 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I imagine he was probably easy with champed 5*s but if you're in 4* land he can be pretty rough if you get unlucky with RNG. His purple- well I think its the purple- is a huge team hit and if he gets his murderworld tiles up without losing his control room tile he can smack ya for at least 4k a turn on your front man, plus theres the random hits to backline characters as well. Definitely not the hardest boss ever or anything but he managed to wipe me once with some unlucky (for me) RNG, and made me use health packs several times. My best Cyclops was a 3 cover Phoenix Force Cyc though, so I was definitely not working with a full tool kit against him.

My experiences exactly. Wiped twice in round 8 due to unlucky boards where I could not match any of Grockets tiles to get Polaris engine rolling and Arcade hit some cascades that did serious damage via crits.

KGB