9th Anniversary Vault Update (10/9/22)

Options

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Yes but for how many days will the last one run? Trying to beef up my shang by 15 more covers but would rather do it with the BRB and Kitty vault. 

Hoping they can tell us how many more days the last vault will run. 

One thing for sure, after these vaults close I'm not spending another single HP (apart from roster slots) until next years vaults!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd say until the end of anniversary.
    Cause, you know, "anniversary" vault.
    Maybe an additional day to let people cash in their ten packs from season rewards.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 977 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Too bad. I was kinda hoping for Okoye to be featured this week. But the choice has been made simple. Save all for the last week.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,144 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got SC from 4 covers to 12 during the anniversary plus added a 5trange, a few BRBs and Kittys. I feel very lucky. I have spent 11k net HP probably. 
  • bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    Yes but for how many days will the last one run? Trying to beef up my shang by 15 more covers but would rather do it with the BRB and Kitty vault. 

Hoping they can tell us how many more days the last vault will run. 

One thing for sure, after these vaults close I'm not spending another single HP (apart from roster slots) until next years vaults!
    This current vault ends with 6 days left in the month so I would think that those remaining 6 days would be the first one again as they said it would return at the end of the month. I wouldn’t think they’d run a new vault during those 6 days and only bring the first one back for a day or so. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options
    The dev posted this in reddit regarding the reasons why Dr Strange is always appearing:

"Chiming in briefly on the community asking about the choice of 5* Strange in these vaults. As some players have noticed, they are not developer choices, but rather varying permutations of choices from the fan favorites selections from our players. It's more or less curated by the community, and rotating them allows us to showcase more characters and keep things a bit fresh."

"Confirmed a few times over. Though I admit, I am often times surprised at the variances between what is vocalized in places like reddit, discord, and forums versus actual player actions and votes.
    You may also be surprised to know that the number of vault items pulled across all of the vault rotations has been rather close, all things considered."

So, as you can see, the voices in reddit + forums + discords don't represent actual player actions. I'm not sure what other proofs some need but this is it.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I didn't realize anyone was wanting proof
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    At least this shows us who is out of touch with the playerbase.  :o
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,649 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At least this shows us who is out of touch with the playerbase.  :o
    That is too simplistic. The forums are in touch with a certain level of player base, largely at the top end but of course a smallish bunch of regular posters cannot represent thousands of casual players who nobody ever hears from outside of the game.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2022
    Options
    It was meant to be simplistic.
    Forums/Line = largely min/max, completionist and/or meta chaser
    In-game = others 

I just find it funny that  Dr Strange can reveal the deep differences of how these two group of players think. Forums/Line dread Dr Strange appearing in FF but in-game players love Dr Strange.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,649 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You are reverting to your bad old ways with your very narrowly defined characterisations. I thought with you now being a "Vet" you would have changed your tactics, lol! 

A large number of 3* players will be 3* Dr. Strange reliant for PvE - they will have little to no experience of using other 5* so of course they are going to gravitate towards an advanced version of what they know (even though the 5* version is probably not as good as the 3* one due to the lack of burst healing).  5* Strange is in bad need of a rebalance/buff - his health and his yellow power are desperately outta lockstep, so it is understandable that a store as precious as the Fan Favourite having him in is going to be seen as a missed opportunity by players who actually need 5* covers- especially if the contents have been influenced by players who wouldn't (until now, thanks Devs!) have actually had any chance to roster or use him. 

So your "In-game = others" really isn't that straight forward either I don't think. If you gave any "in-game" player any decently covered 5* they would love them too. It is just with Strange he has an already fantastic 3* version to base assumptions on. Interestingly we don't see Thanos pop up probably because he self damages his own team mates which for a 3* roster is a big drawback.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I thought 5* Dr Strange was primed for a buff because he appeared a lot of times in stores and his movie came out this year. I'm surprised that 3* She Hulk, Phoenix and other Hulk got buffed before him. It seems like he's still somewhere in mid tier to low mid tier.

It will be interesting if the dev do a survey and share those results in the forum. For example, how many % of players want to champ all characters, how many are min-max etc. Such results could be more telling.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I'll add that forum/line users are advanced in high term end game because they are highly interested in the game, and being competing 5*players usually give them the necessary knowledge about all characters and almost all working strategies. 
    A 5* champ em player has some degree of experience others don't have. 
    That collides with what it can be seen on the majority playerbase wich devs know and some forum players can guess with the limited data available they can gather.
    Finally, with the present rebalance policy, inherited from former devs, strange 5* never will see a rebalance because it's probably used a lot.
    BCS should rethink about this policy, and make thousands of players happy, and let dud characters who nobody use anyway, and nobody pulled for them because of that,for end of priority. 
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    These vaults are generous in an unprecedented way, I really can't see too much cause to complain.
    Generous if you pull off the miracle of pulling something other than a 2*.  Still waiting to be welcome to be a part of the celebration.  Anymore I feel like I'm playing Marvel garbage fest
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,951 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    These vaults are generous in an unprecedented way, I really can't see too much cause to complain.
    Generous if you pull off the miracle of pulling something other than a 2*.  Still waiting to be welcome to be a part of the celebration.  Anymore I feel like I'm playing Marvel garbage fest
    I'm guessing you aren't spending any HP in these vaults and that your just pulling the 3-4 free tokens you got or earned as rewards in PvE/PvP.

Anniversary is all about spending HP in vaults. I emptied 90 of the 100 in the 1st week vault, 10 of 100 in the second week vault and I'll open 30-40 in the final week vault to get some more of the 5* there. Plus I've opened a bunch in the mini vaults to get things like Taskmasters costume.

My only complaint is that I'm something like 0-15+ in the fan favorites store from all the fan favorites LT's I've gotten from the vaults. But I've definitely gotten 5*s, 4*, costumes etc from vaults themselves.

KGB
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    KGB said:
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I'm guessing you aren't spending any HP in these vaults and that your just pulling the 3-4 free tokens you got or earned as rewards in PvE/PvP.

Anniversary is all about spending HP in vaults. I emptied 90 of the 100 in the 1st week vault, 10 of 100 in the second week vault and I'll open 30-40 in the final week vault to get some more of the 5* there. Plus I've opened a bunch in the mini vaults to get things like Taskmasters costume.

My only complaint is that I'm something like 0-15+ in the fan favorites store from all the fan favorites LT's I've gotten from the vaults. But I've definitely gotten 5*s, 4*, costumes etc from vaults themselves.

KGB
    I've done the free pulls, the daily for 100 and maybe a half dozen of so full price pulls.  I don't have enough HP to pull more at this point.  i'd love to pull 1 Dr. Strange as I am one away from full covering him, but I know the way the rng is in the game that his covers will be the last 3 pulled from the vault guaranteed
  • Scofie
    Options
    Quick question - I have the 10-pack Anniversary Vault token. Will it carry over into the next vault when it resets in a couple of days?
  • bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Scofie said:
    Quick question - I have the 10-pack Anniversary Vault token. Will it carry over into the next vault when it resets in a couple of days?
    Yes, from my experience.

I had saved my 10-pack after earning it during the second iteration of the 9th Anniversary Vault (the one with Dr. Strange, Kitty, and Beta Ray Bill).

I waited for the next iteration of the vault (the current one with Strange, Shang, and Deadpool), and used the 10-pack. Got a Deadpool cover!

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Yes, it’ll carry over as long as you wait for the new vault to open and are not panicked into opening the legacy vault during the transition.
  • Scofie
    Options
    Great, thanks. I was lucky enough to pull 2 x SC covers, one BRB and the 2900 HP from a 10 pack so would rather wait for the next one.