a timeless piece of you not what (legacy)

Julie71
Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
edited October 2022 in MtGPQ General Discussion
NO !!!!!!!! Hell no !!!!!9
just remove it from the lineup all together please and thank you.  that bottom node is a beast of a node for player's that have jumped to platinum and don't have the resources most of the seasoned platinum player's do.  Your asking them to play an event they have zero chances of winning.  That's not fair, either take away the extra swaps altogether, or pull the event. 
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83012/a-timeless-voyage#latest
@Oktagon_Support

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    who feels the same
  • Lady_River
    Lady_River Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I 2nd this. I hate it too.

Actually I find I'm bored of a lot of the coalition events lately, it feels like we keep playing this one all the damn time.

• IPA
    IPA Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Wow, I didn't even catch that.  There is no way on earth that event should be legacy.  It is already hated and often skipped by many.  Making it legacy will crush the will of many players and may lead to players quitting.
  • AoMadness
    AoMadness Posts: 76 Match Maker
    I agree 100% In standered you would face loop decks galore on bottom node and that's normally annoying, but in legacy woth cards like Omin Stich in time and call the gatewatxh the bottom node is unwinnable 
  • TBronx
    TBronx Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Hey it's Gator Chomp here. You want to keep your player base happy. Maybe before the start of every rotation you put the list of events and whether they are legacy or standard and have the player base vote on it.

There's such an active community on discord for this game that there's literally hundreds of conversations a day analyzing the decisions that are made.

Now let's talk about this event. Nobody liked it when it was in standard. You have a long list of clans now that battle it out for the top 25 all within a few points of each other. When you take skill out of coalition events and make it more luck based, you upset a large amount of people who care and put money into this game.

Summary: Definitely remove this event from The History of Time. Have Dr Strange use magic that makes everyone forget ever existed.

Second, poll the players.  Give a list of possible events and see what the community wants.

Fingers crossed both of these happen. 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    With an extra swap in legacy, there’s a good chance we would get our first turn and then lose the game 
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    TBronx said:
    Hey it's Gator Chomp here. You want to keep your player base happy. Maybe before the start of every rotation you put the list of events and whether they are legacy or standard and have the player base vote on it.

There's such an active community on discord for this game that there's literally hundreds of conversations a day analyzing the decisions that are made.

Now let's talk about this event. Nobody liked it when it was in standard. You have a long list of clans now that battle it out for the top 25 all within a few points of each other. When you take skill out of coalition events and make it more luck based, you upset a large amount of people who care and put money into this game.

Summary: Definitely remove this event from The History of Time. Have Dr Strange use magic that makes everyone forget ever existed.

Second, poll the players.  Give a list of possible events and see what the community wants.

Fingers crossed both of these happen. 
    I'm part of those active communities that you mentioned, but the majority of players never come into the Forum so making a forum poll to determine the events that we would be playing, even if it is advertised in game, will probably only take into account the voice of very few players.

The bet example are the polls for legacy sets on sale and standard sets on sale. Those were advertised in game and the link were posted on every single discord group that I can think of and only 27 players participated on the Legacy one and 21 on the Standard one.

Legacy poll: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87288/poll-for-the-promotion-of-legacy-sets

Standard poll: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87287/poll-for-the-promotion-of-standards-sets

The Forum is an archaic communication platform that most players avoid.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    jtwood said:
    With an extra swap in legacy, there’s a good chance we would get our first turn and then lose the game 

And if not, we'll win it on our second turn!

I say that tongue-in-cheek, as most players don't have the resources to do that.

Legacy is a cesspool and I'd prefer to keep this event out of it. 

• Scydrex7
    Scydrex7 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Legacy PVP in general should only be for single player events. Legacy PVE events are just fine for coalition play, as long as they are not exceedingly grindy.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guess it's Omni loop days ahead
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Completely agree with Scydrex.
  • Noctis
    Noctis Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2022
    If you can't satisify your customer, just don't fraustrate them at least. I can picture how players rage quiting caused by this legacy event.
  • Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Don't put this into legacy please and thank you.
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    I'm with Jules too, and JT nailed the "why".
    Maybe drop it as a coalition event and throw it into the weekly fray like the other previously-coalition legacy PVP events, as per Scrydex.
  • QuiksilverHg
    QuiksilverHg Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    I agree, take away the extra swap and the event is good. In legacy a turn two win is common enough that you can too often take your first turn and then die.

People with good collections will usually win within four swaps (six max). Do we really want everyone to have to win within their first three turns?
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    A possible workaround: make it as-it-was standard event,  meaning with the standard sets it started with or the standard sets it ended with. This will limit the legacy shenanigans and keep the event playable. 
    Or make is an individual event instead of a team event.

What do you think?
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    What about just let it rest in peace? They did that with The Dragon War which was one of the best PvP coalition events. Once it went to legacy we never played it again.

Just let A Timeless Voyage rest in peace.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ampersand said:
    RIP The Dragon War. That might be my favorite PvP event in this game.
    required text
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Ampersand said:
    RIP The Dragon War. That might be my favorite PvP event in this game.
    Same! Dragon War was A+

But...

I'm not gonna lie ...I kinda wanna see ATV in legacy  once. Just to see how wild it is and to see if I can perfect it. But realistically Is IS bad PR to keep running this event.