Character Rebalances - Emma (Astonishing), Wolverine (X-Force), Sentry

124»

Comments

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
  • WeaponX092
    WeaponX092 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I tried XFW and it hits pretty hard now, it's moment to take it to champion.
    Thank you developers for these changes. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,564 Chairperson of the Boards
    The original 4* Wolverine was strike-tile based, like 2* and 3* Wolvie.  He was awful - at the time the devs thought that the deeper HP pool in the 4* tier (of which there was only two,) would allow for longer games.  They were both super slow and didn't really hit hard enough to justify it.
    Nick Fury was the first "real" 4*, and more or less set the standard for how 4*s would be designed.  They they boosted 4* Wolverine and IW, the latter was still pretty terrible tbh (she was buffed yet again into her current form,) but 4* Wolvie was very good, particularly in a time where only characters in PVE were buffed.  So in PVP you brought along Iron Fist, gathered purple and black, and then once you had enough to double purple IF or do Wolvie's black, you fired it.  If the raw damage from the black wasn't enough to end the fight, usually the AP you got back was.
    4* Thor, who was the second "real" 4*, was even better but I didn't finish her before she was nerfed.  She did more damage and created a lot more charged tiles than her current version, for the game that existed at the time she was way out of scale.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    GrimSkald said:
    The original 4* Wolverine was strike-tile based, like 2* and 3* Wolvie.  He was awful - at the time the devs thought that the deeper HP pool in the 4* tier (of which there was only two,) would allow for longer games.  They were both super slow and didn't really hit hard enough to justify it.
    Nick Fury was the first "real" 4*, and more or less set the standard for how 4*s would be designed.  They they boosted 4* Wolverine and IW, the latter was still pretty terrible tbh (she was buffed yet again into her current form,) but 4* Wolvie was very good, particularly in a time where only characters in PVE were buffed.  So in PVP you brought along Iron Fist, gathered purple and black, and then once you had enough to double purple IF or do Wolvie's black, you fired it.  If the raw damage from the black wasn't enough to end the fight, usually the AP you got back was.
    4* Thor, who was the second "real" 4*, was even better but I didn't finish her before she was nerfed.  She did more damage and created a lot more charged tiles than her current version, for the game that existed at the time she was way out of scale.
    4* Thor was released about 6 months before 3* Iron Fist, I don't think anybody was running X-Force with Fist o_O
    It was always Thorverine.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,352 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve often wondered why XFW is the only Wolverine with no strike focus.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2022
    "Slow and not hitting hard enough" sounds like you're describing 5* Logan there. Not his 4* version lol
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    I mean... we got X-23 anyway, she's sort of in the Wolverine family I guess?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2022
    I mean... we got X-23 anyway, she's sort of in the Wolverine family I guess?
    Perhpas she doesn't focus on strikes, but she places them if her team matches her purple trap tile (which is cheaper based on friendly strike tiles), and with her green after it's been fired with enough red in stock.