Character Rebalances - Emma (Astonishing), Wolverine (X-Force), Sentry

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gymp28 said:
    XFW works brilliantly with JThor as she is amping the value of matches with her charge tiles and causing random cascades, meaning he can usually get his green or black to fire pretty quickly. As they only share yellow he normally fuels any of the other abilities substantially when firing black. 
    I’m super hyped for this change, as I was about in the original days of XFW and have missed him being a force to reckon with. 
    Excellent job BCS!
    Thorverine 3.0
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I will concur…It is amazing how much space there is left to explore in a match 3, when new eyes are looking at the game.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As powerful as comic sentry is, it should be scary to see him. 

No, we'll never see another sentry meta (unless we get a higher tier version) but he should be feared when boosted. 

If they want us to fear him, they should make him at least a 5* instead of a 3*.
  • fersht
    fersht Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As powerful as comic sentry is, it should be scary to see him. 

No, we'll never see another sentry meta (unless we get a higher tier version) but he should be feared when boosted. 

If they want us to fear him, they should make him at least a 5* instead of a 3*.
    3* was the top tier back when he was introduced (but dont quote me, I wasnt there)
  • marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    XFW is fire. Running him with Domino and Nightcrawler is a cascade party. With 5* Storm and FosThor it’s an EASY winfinite. Run him with Ph5 Emma and his damage jumps even more considerably with his green. 

4* Emma’s purple is awesome now. One of the biggest problems with it before was it did nothing for 3 turns. Well how about shutting down a character completely? That’s just….. chef kiss. Dropping the black to half and letting her get out of diamond form is a cool thing. Now you can use her with other fort users/exploiters where before she was never considered. Emma/Shuri/Heimdall is now a thing. And I’m here for it. 

The new devs are in their BAG. 
    Yeah XFW is THAT DUDE AGAIN, mans green and black are killer, especially his black, where i just got 13 purple AP from firing it when the enemy team's strongest color was purple, so yeah him along with 5 star JThor is a godly combo oml.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2022
    Options
    XFW is fire. Running him with Domino and Nightcrawler is a cascade party. With 5* Storm and FosThor it’s an EASY winfinite. Run him with Ph5 Emma and his damage jumps even more considerably with his green. 

4* Emma’s purple is awesome now. One of the biggest problems with it before was it did nothing for 3 turns. Well how about shutting down a character completely? That’s just….. chef kiss. Dropping the black to half and letting her get out of diamond form is a cool thing. Now you can use her with other fort users/exploiters where before she was never considered. Emma/Shuri/Heimdall is now a thing. And I’m here for it. 

The new devs are in their BAG. 
    100% agreed.
    Only thing that is difficult about purple is that black - which is cheap and you're incentivised to fire it to keep yellow safe - removes the purple repeater entirely. So, timing purple can be a bit awkward.
    But the purple is actually useful now omg. (IMO, the biggest problem with it before was that it was slow as molasses for an effect that needs to be accessed quickly. 10 AP + frail multi-turn repeater comes AGES too late if there are actual threatening special tiles or you want to color deny the enemy AP. By then, any special tiles worth caring about already killed you and the enemy probably already fired a bunch of abilities. No point in that. But shutting down an enemy is always super good at any point, it doesn't necessarily need to be ready to go at the beginning. Frankly, that's a very elegant way to save this ability!)
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So you guys/gals seem ok with some of the old meta coming back... now give me back my BISHOP!!!! 🙏🍻
    No way! Bishop was already broken enough when he was perma stunning your team and feeding a near infinite amount of blue to brb.  Now add mighty thor into the mix and she will be infinitely blowing up charged tiles with her blue.
    Not much different than the current stunning and resurrecting of chasm ihulk.
    Chasm stuns for 1 turn at the beginning and 1 turn if you let him revive.  Bishop was stunning you for 5 turns every single turn once he got rolling,  which didn't take long.  Very much different. 
    But he didn't revive every time you downed him, which was much easier with the lower health 
    Neither does chasm. Kill him before he gets out a bunch of web tiles or save him for last. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,648 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love all the changes. XFW was my first ever champed 4* so seeing him restored is so cool. Emma particularly needed it the other two is just a free round at the bar. Cheers!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So you guys/gals seem ok with some of the old meta coming back... now give me back my BISHOP!!!! 🙏🍻
    No way! Bishop was already broken enough when he was perma stunning your team and feeding a near infinite amount of blue to brb.  Now add mighty thor into the mix and she will be infinitely blowing up charged tiles with her blue.
    Not much different than the current stunning and resurrecting of chasm ihulk.
    Chasm stuns for 1 turn at the beginning and 1 turn if you let him revive.  Bishop was stunning you for 5 turns every single turn once he got rolling,  which didn't take long.  Very much different. 
    But he didn't revive every time you downed him, which was much easier with the lower health 
    Neither does chasm. Kill him before he gets out a bunch of web tiles or save him for last. 
    Just a brief OT comment on Chasm: you can also prepare to kill him twice fast. He uses up all his chasm tiles to revive so if you can kill him again right away he won't revive again.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm so happy to see these small batches of character rebalances coming along frequently. Nice group of changes here. I can't wait to take OG XFW for a spin once more.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Im old enough player to remember Wolv coming out first time. Im pretty sure hes already been reworked at least once? Was nerfed. Maybe im remembering wrong.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yoik said:
    Im old enough player to remember Wolv coming out first time. Im pretty sure hes already been reworked at least once? Was nerfed. Maybe im remembering wrong.
    No, you're not wrong. I remember too.  Back in those days 4 stars were almost impossible to get so my xforce wolvie only had like 4 covers but he was nerfed because he was the most powerful character in the game at the time and him teamed with 4 star jane was overly powerful.

I beleive Jane thor was nefed too but wasn't hit as hard.  Now they've reverted xfw back to how he originally was.  So here's hoping that they do the same thing with old man logan and gambit.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You're both wrong.
    X-Force 1.0 sucked - he was a trophy 4*, same as Invisible Woman.

They reworked X-Force into a powerhouse when 4* Thor came out, turned him into the crazy OP X-Force.

Then they nerfed him to what he was until this most recent rework.

So his cycle went buff - nerf - buff.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    You're both wrong.
    X-Force 1.0 sucked - he was a trophy 4*, same as Invisible Woman.

They reworked X-Force into a powerhouse when 4* Thor came out, turned him into the crazy OP X-Force.

Then they nerfed him to what he was until this most recent rework.

So his cycle went buff - nerf - buff.
     This.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's a good time to have a champed X-Logan I guess  :)

Kudos to Broken Circle for injecting new life into this game, it never seemed to me this amazing before (I started back in April 2021 iirc)
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I really think they need a "Recently Reworked" PVP.  Featuring only characters that have been rebalanced.