The game and okoye

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok. Now, I have a question. Former devs stated that the 5*s going to a rebalance should be the characters least played. 
    Do you think that is the right policy?
    By the way until now CBS only rebalanced hulk because it was the right Disney time for it.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why would you rebalance characters most played? That's called a nerf. Buffs are better than nerfs.

I don't understand why they don't at least bring all the health and match dmg stats in line all at once before working on the real buffs. I'm sure the answer is probably "it's more complicated than you think", but I feel like that would be a nice quick push.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I asked that question in August FAQ and this is their reply:

"Question - What's stopping the dev from doing match damage and health buff for all older 5* simultaneously? (HoundOfShadow)

Answer - Nothing is stopping us from doing stat boost across the board. Alot of it is merely a factor of time and priorities. We've just gotten started with rebalances and are excited about the ones to come, though they won't come all at once."
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    The bigger problem is that they are constantly pushing up match damage on new 5* releases. 1000 used to be the ceiling for almost 2 years then Starlord crossed it on his rebalance. Now Emma is already at 1068 with a 2nd best at 949 so it won't be long till a character has 2 colors over 1000. So pushing all the 5*s to roughly the same numbers would mean you'd have to do it every year or so just to keep up with new releases.

I believe it's deliberate to keep you chasing new characters rather than continually using older ones. If that's the case, don't expect to see an across the board boost. Instead just the stragglers (bottom 5-10 characters) will get boosted.

The other problem is that it pushes 5* further and further away from 4* in terms of match damage. They used to be 3-5x as much and now it's closer to 10x as much.

KGB
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,789 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use her for 95% of my pve and 100% of my pvp, boosted and unboosted. Doesn’t sound like someone who needs much love yet. More health is always nice, but I heal her up for free in the pve easy nodes if I have too.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,590 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    Ok. Now, I have a question. Former devs stated that the 5*s going to a rebalance should be the characters least played. 
    Do you think that is the right policy?
    Least played? No. They need to target characters with the weakest kit and or characters with high rosters counts. Obviously they should target characters that most players have an acceptable amount of covers in order to use them...and among those the least used.

We do not have those roster numbers, but the devs do. I would hazard to guess characters like Kingpin may be in line for a rework or Magneto.

If the devs do choose to rework a character, it should have as wide an impact on the player community as possible. So choosing a character (like Phoenix) that many people have rostered should have a greater overall impact.
  • Bad
    edited September 2022
    Imo to rebalance least played characters has 2 good points: 
    - It's good for more relative variety 
    - It's good for to sell the new rebalanced character on special stores, so it's good for the game too.
    However given the time needed for each character to see a rebalance, that means characters that are played a lot never will see it. Old characters who are good only at one thing because their other powers are unplayable: Dr strange, BB, HE.
    I think if the 3 got the rebalance they really need for to be actually fun to play, that would be a great success and many players would be happy. 
    CBS has done a lot of things that Demi never would done, so perhaps a move like that would be awesome. 
    And finally we have okoye, who needs to be tanking for not bleeding TU, but with a 746/??/580 match damage at level 451 she will have a rough time.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,590 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Okoye needs nothing. She is a top tier character already.  The devs need to work on low tier characters that have high roster counts.

okoye has been a top tier character since she was introduced. It is time for new toons to shine.
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 90 Match Maker
    I haven't used Okoye in PVE since I champed Shang Chi. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't used Okoye in PVE since I champed Shang Chi. 

Then your clears are slower than they could be.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Here we go again…

*Onslaught appears*

Okoye: where are my TU AP?!
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2022
    Onslaught: "Wakanda Whatever"
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Bzhai said:
    I'll do you one better.....
    "Wakanda Whoever"
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Buffing Okoye is probably an odd choice. Here's another alternative point of view: I think the players who want her to be buffed would probably be those who didn't keep iHulk a certain level below Okoye? With this match damage and health buff, it would solve the problem?
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    Birdy said:
    Bzhai said:
    I'll do you one better.....
    "Wakanda Whoever"
    'Know his name'

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buffing Okoye is probably an odd choice. Here's another alternative point of view: I think the players who want her to be buffed would probably be those who didn't keep iHulk a certain level below Okoye? With this match damage and health buff, it would solve the problem?
    There are no "players" who want Okoye buffed.
    It's just Bad, nobody else.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like Shang-Chi buffed so hops are less painful. But only mine and everyone else can keep theirs as is. That seems most fair.
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Bowgentle said:
    There are no "players" who want Okoye buffed.
    It's just Bad, nobody else.

I'm sorry...... :( 
  • Bad
    Birdy said:

I'm sorry...... :( 
    (creepy whistle)... Hot diggety dog! Lucille is beginning to feel REALLY thirsty...

By the way I want all olds 5*s rebalanced, decent match damage, decent health and ok AP costs. Not talking about better powers more according to the character which possibly CBS could do great...
    If many people are playing old godboosted 5*s is because they have it at a really high level and then they can be of some decent use.

HE could be a great defensive duo with gargantos. Why is not working? Because HE has a 4* buffed character's health and he uses to die before even giving any blue.
    And finally, if you are wondering, my 5* oldest champed is kingping. 
    I think I have 3 black covers on okoye. 

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:
     No one without a swollen okoye will conquer first place on pve. 

Maybe don't speak in such absolutes.  I don't use okoye in PVE and I take a few first places each month in cl10