Marvel Puzzle Quest Developer Q&A September 2022 (9/16/22)

Options
13»

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    did we ever get the answers to the august Q&A?  I lust tried to look and could not find it.
  • GammenonTheGatherer
    GammenonTheGatherer Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hope this hasn't asked before, but one of the major annoyances is the slow special tile generation, especially at the beginning of the match. It has been shown that the first time you run the game after a reboot of your ios device, special tiles generate quite a lot faster. 

Are there any plans to fix this and run the game a little bit more smoothly in general? The Kaecilius boss matches feel a lot faster, and the often heard argument that this is because the match damage needs to be calculated doesn't make any sense, we're not talking about complexity arithmetic operations here. 
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will Gorgon ever be released as a playable character?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:
    did we ever get the answers to the august Q&A?  I lust tried to look and could not find it.
    @wymtime
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87370/marvel-puzzle-quest-developer-q-a-august-2022-answers-8-26-22#latest
  • First311
    First311 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    1. Can we expect the new 3* releases to "double-feed" 4* characters like some do today? Or will some only feed one 4* upon release?

2. The updates to DPDQ are great to see! Were adding the Classic Legend tokens or 5* shards considered for the refresh? If so, any insights into why they didn't make the cut and would you revisit this in a future update to DPDQ?

Thanks!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:
    @wymtime
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87370/marvel-puzzle-quest-developer-q-a-august-2022-answers-8-26-22#latest
    Thank you
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    hi, thanks for bringing the Q&A back again.  I'm reposting a question i asked back in July that wasn't answered. 
    1) can you incorporate a "shard bank" into the game please? Meaning, if we don't want shards for a certain character, we can move or transfer them to a bank to be used for a character we like.  Like everyone else, I have 550 okoye and a few other 550 characters,  I have 2500 shards sitting wasting space. I would like move that to a bank and use it for another character as we see fit.  Creating or building a duplicate is pointless, because of roster slot cost and that a low level 5* does nothing for a 550 player.  Or for the "choose your adventure " shard bundle, move to a bank and not be forced to use it on characters we don't use at that moment. At least, give us option to apply shards to more than one character rather then be forced to use one. This would be a good replacement for bonus heroes since shards are horrible and have a painful drop*rate.  This question and request have been in Suggestions and feedback for over a year.

2) any immediate feedback regarding dilution in the vaults and how the Classic Legend tokens will be incorporated into the game and the vault?
  • Ulik
    Ulik Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    A lot of players get excited for the anniversary fan favorite store. But frequently this store will include meta characters that more and more players have already built to 550 (eg Okoye, Apocalypse, maybe now Shang Chi.)

The Chinese New Year “Good Fortune” store allowed those players to swap covers for 550 toons to others in the store.  Will this be offered again, for any other store?
  • Daddy_o2541
    Daddy_o2541 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I noticed you took the support tokens from the taco vault. Are you planning on giving us another way to get supports?
  • nbperp
    nbperp Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1. A small visual change to the icons of played nodes in PVE would be very helpful. Instead of Yellow for "has prizes remaining" and green for "played all the way through" (and red for "can't be played again"), it would be really great if the yellow icon had a number in it - either the number of prizes left or the number of times you've played. Either way, it would make it easier to know which nodes you've played how many times.

2. Given the volume of 4* and 5* covers, can you consider a new token (along the lines of mighty tokens and classic LT) that would allow the player to identify the YEAR of covers they would like to pull from. This would allow players growing their roster to focus on a year at a time.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 515 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Would you consider running a contest in which the winner gets to help design their favorite character?
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There are a few pvp events that have special conditions restricting the use of part of your roster. One of them was an event called "Evergreen" or something like that, where you could only use characters that had green powers and tiles falling had an increased chance of being green. That was a pretty cool event, I remember using Thor/Storm/Chavez for some endless cascades. I was expecting others like that with other colors, but they never came. Are you considering doing other pvp events with special conditions like this? Feels like even in off season all we have now are the boring regular events.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Awesome questions everyone! We will review these and get back by September 28. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.