Marvel Puzzle Quest Developer Q&A September 2022 (9/16/22)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited September 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone –

Happy pre-anniversary month (otherwise known elsewhere as September :D )!

Thank you again to everyone that has provided so many great questions in our previous Developer Q&A's. Let’s roll this for another month.

And just to make note, here are some Q&A details to keep in mind.

• Any legitimate question is fair game, but keeping your question clear and concise will help. It's much easier to grasp the intent of a sentence or two.
  • Let's keep this to a max one or two questions each so we can manage things easily and give everyone the ability to participate. Sorry to bold the request this time but we want to make sure the team has time to answer as many participants questions each month. If you have more questions, please save them for a future month.
  • Please submit your question for this Q&A by Noon PST on September 21st.
  • The team will review the questions and provide answers in the forums based on the collective questions from the community.  We will post the responses before EOD September 28.
Tagged:

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A. Can you put a power in the game called "feels like a slap in the face"

B. Often you run special vaults or offers, for example Banner which was run after his PVP event. This is often done. Surely it makes more sense to have these offers run prior to a PVP event. When the rotation is about 2 years with all these characters I have never seen the reasoning why this is done so much?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've found the concurrent PVE events to be a huge drag. Should we brace ourselves for more of that, or were those truly ad hoc hiccups?
  • umitch
    umitch Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Could we see 5* characters who don't currently have a 4* feeder with shards, retroactively get one?

Will new 3* characters feed 4*  with shards?

Thank you!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's hard to ask new questions at this rate, so I will try with another version of my questions not answered.
    New affiliations seems to enhance synergies and offer a fresh dimension to the battle. Are you going to add new pves or modes to showcase the new affiliation teams, or heroic modes for force us to play it and then we can have a solid grip of it?

• SandKing
    SandKing Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Any chance we could get a "key" characters feature? Basically a way to tag characters so they always appear at the top of the list when picking your characters for fights. I use some characters as counters for specific fights and its annoying having to play 'where's Waldo?', especially since their positioning in my roster will vary over time due to leveling different characters/weekly boosts.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Having just opened 550 Tacos... any chance vault token opening could be improved?
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Anniversary is coming. Surely there will be a Fan Favorites store done like as in the past. Having the collective fanbase vote on the featured 5* characters often leads to disappointment. Instead of the past approach, would there ever be a possibility for each player to "build" their own featured store, by choosing their own three 5* characters to be included? Same pull rates; no changes to the chosen trio once you "lock them in" with your first pull; Anniversary season only. Heck, you could charge a premium CP price and I suspect many would still be interested.
    I'm sure 9th Anniversary is too soon to implement, but could something like this be considered for the big 10-year celebration next year?
  • Notepaddy
    Notepaddy Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I find the weekly boost list is sometimes lacking in synergy. Some characters only shine when paired with a certain partner. What do you think about a mechanic to let users apply a boost to their own pick? Perhaps a boost token that can be applied to our choice of character, locked to a single event per use? Small/Med/Large boosts. Make em rare, sell em, whatever!
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    Options
    At the beginning of September when 4* and 5* She-Hulk were released, there was a stealth edit to 3* She-Hulk.  I searched and searched and couldn't find any announced info on it, please correct me and point me in the right direction if I'm wrong.  Anyways, she changed from feeding a single 4*(Gwenpool) to feeding two 4*s, Gwenpool and She-Hulk.  There are 18 3* characters who only feed one 4*, will those 18 be getting the same rework to feed two 4*s? 

And what about 4*s who are fed from two 3*s.  For example, 4* Jean Grey is fed by 3* Angel and 3* Beast.  There are 5 pairs that fit into this category including the example above.  Will that be changed so 4*s without a 3* feeder finally get a 3* feeder?

Edit: since most of my question was answered with the reveal on 9-20, can you just elaborate as much as possible on future plans for feeders?  For example, what will be the pace of making changes?  Are specific characters prioritized over others?  Are some being used as placeholders to be changed at a later date(I'm looking at you glidey spidey and Reptil amongst others)?
  • Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Looking forward to the upcoming dead pool daily and really appreciate the reduced roster cost >300.
    Are there any plans to have classic 5* stores to help those of us with ‘champ them all’ mentality? There are few chances to get many covers for individual characters once they leave latest
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have you considered making focus groups to bounce ideas off of.  You could pull random sample of ppl from different levels of gameplay and get a more well rounded reaction about potential changes.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hey guys

Granted this is probably going to be partly answered by the time but are you concerned that the 3 & 5 stars are going to be too similar? I read that the idea is to emulate strange/gambit but I don't want the game to become do I use (for example...or not) 3 star Omega Red or 5 star Omega Red that just has a new hat (malibu Stacy reference for my non nerd forumites)
    How do you know subtle differences in powers (more damage, an extra stun on a 5 star ability etc) is enough to keep players engaged?
    If you take Strange for example his only real difference is the eye and the ludicrous ap difference on his yellow.
    Not trying to be pessimistic at all just wanted to know the thinking behind the 3 and 5 star move.
  • samael64
    samael64 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Regarding Milestones:
    Any thoughts on either adding in-between Milestones to the current ones or adjusting the awards so that they make more sense for the effort involved?

I understand they need to be staggered and agree that each step in the progression do not need to be of equal value. It just seems like there is a lot of gap between some of the Milestones without an obvious corresponding increase in reward value.

Example:
    Recently completed the 100k boosts Milestones and the next one is at 200k. I find it odd that 1 Apocalypse cover appears be equal in "value" (as it were) to 3 Cable covers, 3 Hulkbuster covers (shards), 2 Shuri covers (shards), 8 Supports, and 1.2K ISO-8.
    The Taco Tokens negate each other.

To be fair, I don't have Apocalypse, so he may in deed really be that awesome and I just don't know it yet.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It has been about 2 months since Broken Circle took over. Your honeymoon period is almost considered over :)

1) What were some of the most exciting moments thus far in this period of time? Why was it exciting?

2) What were some of the most difficult moments thus far? What went wrong and what did Broken Circle learn?
  • Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2022
    Options
    1. Will all the new 3 & 5 Star characters be the same person; or will you occasionally mix it up?

2. Will you be doing any rewards changes to older characters to account for new characters like you do with 3-Star She-Hulk when you added 4-Star She-Hulk shards?

**Mod note: Removed additional questions. Please respect the 2-question limit. - fight4thedream
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are there any plans to allow iso surplus to be exchanged for HP or LTs 

a lot of veterans have over a billion spare ISO and it just racks up every month 

would be great if we could use it for something else 
  • leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Very pleased to see the direction of MPQ since May, especially the quality of characters, their versatility, and the art. Keep up the great work! Please address at the iso desert and dilution soon. 

1. When will we see the first new support(s). How will they be acquired? Will there be any differences between new & old supports.

2. Thinking about making any changes to team-ups and their role in gameplay? Maybe standardizing return rates? generating iso8 from loans again? selecting specific powers to send? 
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would really like to see the alliance raid events get a re-run - Places of Power and Sinister 600. There was angst at the time when alliances didn’t know how to optimise their players in these, but they were very welcome as an un-timed alliance event with generous rewards - the type of event that is continually requested! What is the current position on these?
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I want to spend my cp, but there has been no opportunity to pull covers of Apoc or BRB or Okoye since the Chinese New Year store in February (or Colossus, Wanda, Onslaught since way before then). To solve this, every 5* store could have 2 featured characters and 500 5* shards as the third “character”. Thoughts on this or any other options for growing 5* characters?
This discussion has been closed.