Hydra Stomper Vs Hulkbuster Iron Man but also is it the Player?

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
One of us sucks coz I cannot get this Crash done! Anybody else? Deny red. Get green. Not working!!!

Hydra Stomper Vs Hulkbuster Iron Man but also is it the Player? 41 votes

Hydra Stomper sucks
39%
xKOBALTxwymtimemoogles85InariusMoosePrimeAwebermanbigwhoopZalastaJaGoDyingLegendstef_focusFirst311ElReyFelixSuperCarrotDjbob101Weirdnerd2009 16 votes
You suck
21%
ragnaradyWoiciuillusionist_KAfurbear00000skittledaddymarvel075Godzillafan67McRichDok12 9 votes
Both of you suck
12%
danielrandkaiBlackBoltRocksJimsta_rooneyIrisRyubigjojo04 5 votes
Nobody sucks
17%
primetime21MegaBeeChristinesmess13OmegasedTimemachinegoSekiliciousCharlieLima 7 votes
Hulkbuster sucks!
0%
Other (Please share)
9%
PtahhotepBadWilliamK1983Gymp28 4 votes

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is one of the worst match ups, yeah.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hydra Stomper sucks
    My 304 Hydra Stomper won on my first try, but it took 10 min and was an overall awful experience.  
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    completed it first time but wasn't pretty.
    Every time I had the board flooded with the black countdown tiles that actually cause damage somehow the AI would find a way to match every single one away. 
    Loaded up on protect tiles to keep damage to a minimum but eventually got there.
    Talos vs captain marvel was a better experience... 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    It took me a pair of tries, but Hydra Stomper isn't super great alone. You really just need to do everything you can to chase green, and it would ideally be best if you could double-fire it (or triple fire it if you are able to hit all 30). You really need to cause cascades on the turn you fire it to maximize the possible black tiles that will drop in as CDs. Fire yellow whenever you have it for additional protection. My Hydra Stomper is 302, with a 3/5/5 build for context.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nobody sucks
    It took a while, but I got through it by the skin of my teeth. Level 299 Hydra Stomper, no boosts, finished with about 50 hit points left.

Did you use any boosts?
  • Christinesmess13
    Christinesmess13 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Nobody sucks
    Do you have the taskmaster sword support?   This helped get through the match up without any issues.  
  • Dok12
    Dok12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    You suck
    Sorry I thought it was funny :p 
    But yeah having Stompers only damage dealing ability dependant on cascade and countdown really slows down the match. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    Taskmaster Sword was the lifesaver here.  I just ended up matching HBIM to obilivion.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other (Please share)
    Everybody sucks  :#
    It's the only logical option missing. 

After saying that, my HS is L 310. I have 10k health more than AI. And I finished with 3k health. 
    HS is a support character who fails on his role as he needs to tank for giving AP. So unless you have him maxed and with a support granting him color damage, he only can aim for green and try to create cascades, and his cds are weak. 
    Equip him a good support and boosts.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nobody sucks
    I used Taskmaster’s sword and targeted green. Stompy is an awful solo character but great if he tanks all colours for a couple of glass cannons 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,789 Chairperson of the Boards
    294 with task master and I didn’t even give it a second thought. I don’t even know what his powers do. I just matched yellow green and blue and countdowns were doing stuff. I barely took any damage and it was done.
  • bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Both of you suck
    I had to do it twice to be able to win and my Stomper was only level 277. Used some boosts too but if you get a good board with chasing green matches and preventing Hulkbuster from dealing damage with his powers I didn’t find it that difficult, just time consuming. 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    You suck
    290 Hydra Stomper with 3* Chewie easily took down Buster Hulk on the first try. I focused on the yellows and greens.

P.S. Thank you for allowing me to say “you suck” regardless of my personal feelings towards you.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Other (Please share)
    You’re obviously sucking when you should be blowing. 
  • McRich
    McRich Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    You suck
    I completed one the 1st attempt at lvl 281 4/5/4 without any boost.  It took a while.  We don't want Hulk to claim red, so I claimed a lot of red and Yellow to cast protect tiles.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hydra Stomper sucks
    I did a damage boost and was able to easily win.

But yeah some 4 stars aren't  meant for 1v1 matchups.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    Other (Please share)
    I suck.  Beat him on the second try.  Honestly, if it wasn't for the info in this thread I might still be trying to beat hulkbuster.  

My Stomper is lvl 293, build is 4/5/4.  Chewie helped(also 3*). I never would have thought of using that support.  Also used power boosts(red/yellow, blue/purple, all colors all x5).  I used ap boosts first try, same breakdown x2.  No luck.  

Stomper is a terrible offensive player.  Definitely has his uses, but one on one isn't it.  Thankful it didn't drag out longer become a resource pit.  
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Hydra Stomper sucks
    I went into it did a few matches and was confused about the low damage. Then it dawned i me I forgot to equip the sword. Left the match came back with my blade, called it a day. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't forget to let HB gain black aps so that he can deal 1.5k damage to himself. Overall, cds are inconsistent even firing it thrice in a row. 
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Hydra Stomper sucks
    Beat it with a 131 Hydra Stomper (2/3/1). Used a Level 250 Sharon Carter Support and all damage boosts. 

Match blue/red to do damage and deny AP. Pure match damage win.