Chasm + I-Hulk , thought ?

2»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    A lot of people broke hoard, what's there to talk about?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    For sure this is one of the strongest LL groupings we've seen in a long time.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    A lot of people broke hoard, what's there to talk about?
    Oh, nothing at all. 
  • IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    550 Chasm/Jane teams are my favorite! Chasm/5*PP/Miles $?&@ hard all over that team. They work against most any team, but Jane actively helps to get the party started by blowing up Abyss tiles. Once web tiles are on the board, Miles’ passive bypasses Chasm’s AP drain and it’s stun city and critical tile bombs from there. All powers are cheap, enemy AP is normally low on account of them being stunned the majority of the match, so those critical tiles really snap with Chasm’s match damage. My PP isn’t champed, so Chasm tanks in all colors and Miles/PP usually come out unscathed barring an enemy cascade when Chasm revives.

On offense, the team is only vulnerable (so far) to Apoc/Colossus w/ a team-up stun and effing iHulk. 

So, is the strategy for iHulk/Chasm face-offs to just beat him up until he self owns Chasm/iShulk? Electro/Sighclops/Colossus it is then!
  • allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2022
    Unnerfing Bishop would do it. 

You need a 5* health pool with a multi stun to do it I think. Spider-Man Peter Parker should be a good counter with all those web tiles, but isn’t unfortunately.

I noticed that the Chasm tiles don’t count as enemy specials for the purposes of Onslaught’s blue attack.  Are they unowned in the same way as webs, where a friendly Chasm benefits from the total pool?
    Unnerfing Bishop is a horrible idea.  Bishop was obscenely broken and he'd be far worse now.  There's already stun options that aren't actively making the game unfun again - Iceman, Mantis, I suppose Ghostpool, Polaris.

Does anyone know if Mantis' triggers on abyss tiles?  I got the feeling that abyss tiles were neutral in ownership.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    There’s so many blue users I want to power up now though…
  • Notepaddy
    Notepaddy Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Are Abyss tiles working against iHulk's threshold for Basic greens?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    They should be, but I haven’t tested it yet. My chasm doesn’t tank him for long
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    Notepaddy said:
    Are Abyss tiles working against iHulk's threshold for Basic greens?
    Yes. The AOE stops firing. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, even web tiles do.

Alternatively, flood the board with special tiles and they would not be useful. If not, get someone who can do tiles destruction and chain into winfinite.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
     Carbage/BRB was an early iHulk counter I was using to flood the board. Also worked against Thor. It won’t help against Jane though.
  • SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 104 Tile Toppler

Some replies here are taking the puzzle ops approach, one and done.

How about in terms of daily play ? Pick-2 in PVP ?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    SourCream said:

Some replies here are taking the puzzle ops approach, one and done.

How about in terms of daily play ? Pick-2 in PVP ?

If they aren't boosted, Pick-2 is easy to beat with other 5's. What problems are you having?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    As I mentioned, if you have terms and conditions imposed on those counters, then your choices would be limited. If you are healthpack conscious, use those who can true heal or revive. If you are afraid of retal hit, use a bigger  team. If you have all the above or more t&c, then use the skip button.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Electro works to keep ihulks AOE at bay, Jane can (doesn't prioritize) destroy chasm tiles, then either Colossus to mitigate match damage or onslaught to destroy all the tu tiles. Full disclosure my onslaught is 502, Colossus is 515 electro 491 and Jane 477, but I hit someone a 550 ihulk, 542 chasm and a 529 Jane.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    As I mentioned, if you have terms and conditions imposed on those counters, then your choices would be limited. If you are healthpack conscious, use those who can true heal or revive. If you are afraid of retal hit, use a bigger  team. If you have all the above or more t&c, then use the skip button.
    The only term and condition I have is “works,” and it has been my experience the ones proposed were unreliable at best.
  • IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    I’m not trying to Puzzle Ops this ish, I swear, but, personally, I’ve found that swapping in Sersi for Electro to block green at the start with Jane/Colossus is a more effective AOE damage-reducer. 

I also play tested iShulk (10 covers)/Electro/Jane and it’s worked against a couple of low-level Chasm/iHulk teams in Simulator, so I’m thinking it should work consistently once iShulk is fully-covered.