Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will be irrelevant unboosted.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is a bug with them. If ihulk dies and kills chasm, they both revive (it should'nt be this way), and there are really a few ways to win against them. 
    So the revive meta is here.
    And chasm is already meta, as I saw already 3 maxed.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It depends on how healthpack sensitive and competitive you are. Every team can be beaten but many became unbeatable due to players not wanting to use health pack. Likewise, any non-meta counter isn't considered a counter if you play competitively.

Electro and Elektra would be fun against them. Anytime you see AoE, think of SW or Electro. Electro and Nick Fury is an underrated pick two against AoE. I love using them against one of the CN featuring 4* Juggernaut.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    how big is your Fury? In my MMR trying to bring 4*s, even max-champ ones who tend to have around 40k health, into any fight against iHulks is a recipe for having your 1 5* soloing their whole team after a couple rounds. 
  • Bowgentle
    edited September 2022
    Options
    how big is your Fury? In my MMR trying to bring 4*s, even max-champ ones who tend to have around 40k health, into any fight against iHulks is a recipe for having your 1 5* soloing their whole team after a couple rounds. 
    370 Fury has 27k health.
    Yeah that's not a counter to boosted ihulk.
    Especially since you'll get hit 30 times with that grill team.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 961 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bad said:
    There is a bug with them. If ihulk dies and kills chasm, they both revive (it should'nt be this way), and there are really a few ways to win against them. 
    Is that a bug?  iHulk revives, then does damage to his teammates, so if that damage downs Chasm, it's after Hulk has returned to life.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Bad said:
    Is that a bug?  iHulk revives, then does damage to his teammates, so if that damage downs Chasm, it's after Hulk has returned to life.
    Working as intended, yeah.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Electro and Elektra would be fun against them. Anytime you see AoE, think of SW or Electro. Electro and Nick Fury is an underrated pick two against AoE. I love using them against one of the CN featuring 4* Juggernaut.

Why Fury? Just to use his yellow after gaining so much of it from Electro? My issue with Juggs is you want to stun him since his damage reduction is powerful. Does Fury’s yellow stun always hit the front enemy? Haven’t played it in awhile so I don’t remember. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Mine has 21k health. Nick Fury creates 3 critical tile and stun the target for 2 turns. Electro reduces AoE by a flat ~6.5k damage and generate 5 yellow aps. If we are talking on a similar level comparison, I believe iHulk AoE will be reduced to one and you eat his tile destruction.  

Are we talking about boosted iHulk or non-boosted iHulk? If it's boosted iHulk, it depends on who else is boosted. 

Edit: You can choose who to stun and those 3 critical tiles deal significant damage. 
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Mine has 21k health. Nick Fury creates 3 critical tile and stun the target for 2 turns. Electro reduces AoE by a flat ~6.5k damage and generate 5 yellow aps. If we are talking on a similar level comparison, I believe iHulk AoE will be reduced to one and you eat his tile destruction.  

Are we talking about boosted iHulk or non-boosted iHulk? If it's boosted iHulk, it depends on who else is boosted. 
    Boosted ihulk of course.
    Nobody cares about that unboosted 5k damage in a world full of Wandas.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2022
    Options
    The trick with iHulk is that he gets that single target tile-break damage before he delivers the AOE. it has been my experience with all these AOE reducers that the initial burst can take one of those defenders' health down much faster than you might expect. They definitely aren't auto-pilot foolproof.

None of the AOE sappers are so effective that they can pull the teeth out of a boosted AOE deliverer when they aren't simultaneously boosted.
  • Bad
    Options
    It's a bug as Ihulk can't revive if he killed his partners and chasm can't revive if there are no partners.
    This way there is a cheesy infinite fight which will be meta deterrent as it's extra harder to kill both.
  • allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Chasm's revive mechanic isn't super easy to trigger and iHulk is a big glass cannon that constantly damages his own teammates.  This schtick is fun when it works, but no one is terrified of Sersi paired with iHulk.  Plus you're kneecapping your ability to use active powers, and you'll accumulate AP and kneecap Chasm and his weird AP allergy.
  • Bad
    Options
    I was confounding Ihulk with shehulk. 
    SIM soon will be flooded with the 3.
    Anyway this duo is hard to kill on 5* tier.
    When they get to 4* tier all 4* players will ask for a nerf and with reason. 
    If I was a dev I would start designing a good counter for them, and soon.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Unnerfing Bishop would do it. 

You need a 5* health pool with a multi stun to do it I think. Spider-Man Peter Parker should be a good counter with all those web tiles, but isn’t unfortunately.

I noticed that the Chasm tiles don’t count as enemy specials for the purposes of Onslaught’s blue attack.  Are they unowned in the same way as webs, where a friendly Chasm benefits from the total pool?
  • Bad
    edited September 2022
    Options

I noticed that the Chasm tiles don’t count as enemy specials for the purposes of Onslaught’s blue attack.  Are they unowned in the same way as webs, where a friendly Chasm benefits from the total pool?
    The first chasm downing gets all the health on a mirror match, and it's a way to defeat them, so web and abyss tiles benefit boths teams.
    Still the battle can be really long as it's hard to find the right time. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I've not tried to face down a Chasm/iHulk in pick 2 yet, but the Chasm teams I've found a challenge in Simulator have been Chasm/Jane Foster/Kamala, or Chasm/Jane/Crystal so far. They're also beatable, but there is a TON going on passively that can catch you out, it's a very AI-friendly defense team. Jane is like having a half-health Gladiator Thor from match start, but with a full health pool.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually ran up against that in SHIELD Sim.  I downed the Hulk a few times and then Chasm didn't tank anything anymore, so no void tiles were created.

I run Apoc/BRB/SW, so generating enough damage to one-shot the revived Hulk a few times is definitely doable.  It was both time-consuming and painful, though.
  • Iridious
    Iridious Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Bad said:
    It's a bug as Ihulk can't revive if he killed his partners and chasm can't revive if there are no partners.
    This way there is a cheesy infinite fight which will be meta deterrent as it's extra harder to kill both.
    Like @MoosePrime said, I think you're missing the order of what happens there: they're not down at the same time so it's not a bug.

If IHulk goes down and Chasm is alive, he revives and it's that act of revival that triggers team damage that can kill Chasm. Chasm can then in turn revive as IHulk is up. It would only be a bug if some other aoe killed them at the same time and it wasn't IHulk taking out his own team's Chasm.
  • Bad
    Options
    I've not tried to face down a Chasm/iHulk in pick 2 yet, but the Chasm teams I've found a challenge in Simulator have been Chasm/Jane Foster/Kamala, or Chasm/Jane/Crystal so far. They're also beatable, but there is a TON going on passively that can catch you out, it's a very AI-friendly defense team. Jane is like having a half-health Gladiator Thor from match start, but with a full health pool.
    Jthor, chasm, crystal? You are talking about my new SIM team lol.
    Chasm is indeed beatable but health and time consuming, and miserable.
    For that reason I've already seen more than 10 players having maxed chasm (although here in the forum nobody seems to talk much about it  :D )