PVE and Boss at same time?

2»

Comments

• nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    This is just a valuable lesson is not literning to every random idea that comes from this forum. 
  • darkman84
    darkman84 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    darkman84 said:

I understand, and respect the points in some of the complains, but personally I think that most of it is a bit exaggerated.
    What, exactly, makes you think it is exaggerated?  I'm honestly curious.
    I just don't see how boss event interferes with PVE.
  • StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:
    Sure, blame the playerbase.
    Never change, please.
    So much this. 
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2022
    It's been confirmed that this was a one time thing and only because the bonus character screwed up everything. They probably will stick to the original schedule after this.

From reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/wx0nf3/rant_post_concurrent_pve_and_boss_event_this/
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Such ideas came from players and at least this is a one-off thing. I don't see how I'm blaming anyone. When the dev doesn't implement feedbacks, they get chided for not listening to players. When they implement certain feedbacks, another segment of players get pissed off, for example, releasing new 3*. The playerbase can't even get their act together and be on the same team.  :| 

At least the dev knows that running pve alongside pve is not a popular idea in this forum. 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Well, it's my fault. I've often complained (on the forums? in my head? both?)  that I'm earning fewer rewards overall during the boss events, and the new devs heard my cries and accidentally broke things on purpose so that I can keep accumulating sweet, sweet iso. Don't be surprised if we lose 48-hour subs next because I wail against those as well.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,590 Chairperson of the Boards
    I certainly wanted something to do during boss events. During the last day or two of boss events there was really nothing to do, except keep hitting the boss for ISO.

I don't mind it, but I'm sure that it will bother a lot of people having a full PvE event during the boss event.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,789 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I’ve said time and time again the simple answer is to add more rewards past 900k on the personal boss event rewards so that people that want to keep going for extra 4* covers, HP CP etc can. Those that want the weekend off can. Those people that carry an alliance also get better personal reward for the extra effort. 

Nothing mental like extra 5* rewards just a bit more progress to 1.8m for example for continuing to play.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    dianetics said:
    I certainly wanted something to do during boss events. During the last day or two of boss events there was really nothing to do, except keep hitting the boss for ISO.

I don't mind it, but I'm sure that it will bother a lot of people having a full PvE event during the boss event.
    Oops! Be careful with opposite-to-herd opinions like this one or soon you will be called a forum troll LOL.

It's stated that it's because of the extra character so actually it's not a good or bad idea: it's just how it will be done in order to have a boss event and chasm covers this time.
    However it's an heroic boss event and it's expected that many people won't play it.
    Devs will see the metrics and I guess they will think it next heroic boss.
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2022
    It isn't a heroic boss event, there was a post from Ice about it earlier. Having a boss event and PVE at the same time is not something I'm looking forward to. Totally agree that there should be something else going on at the same time for those who want to keep playing but not a full PVE. 
  • darkman84
    darkman84 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    darkman84 said:
    darkman84 said:

I understand, and respect the points in some of the complains, but personally I think that most of it is a bit exaggerated.
    What, exactly, makes you think it is exaggerated?  I'm honestly curious.
    I just don't see how boss event interferes with PVE.
    It doesn't "interfere".  What it does is make those who are alliances play WAY more than they ever wanted to.  Could I skip both events?  Of course I could.  Would my life be fine?  Yes.  Do I want to disappoint my alliance?  No.

Having a Boss Event and a new release PVE at the same time means I have to play this game WAY more than I ever want to.  If it was a non-new release PVE, that would be fine.  It's the fact it is a new release PVE.

Again, it is not that it "interferes" with PVE.  It is that if I am in alliance that has minimums (which most do), I need to play way more than I want.

This is a game.  Again, I could skip.  I could quite my alliance.  I'm not an idiot; I have options.  What I will say is that this is not a smart decision as this game is full of people quitting because of burnout and I don't want to be one of them.

It could have been fixed and they decided it shouldn't.  That's what bugs me.
    Ok, I get it, and I admire the devotion for the alliance.
    Still I think that a tolerative alliance (which can still be competitive) won't make a big deal of it.
    I mean if there was only Boss event - we wouldn't even have a chance to gain PVE rewards. In this case we have, but even if we won't - so what?
    After all I see only three options (for TaT PVE):
    1)alliance gains 2 LLs - only if it can finish top 10 in SCL10 where only a hardcore players compete - who I suppose won't have any problems with playing a couple additional fights in BOSS event
    2)1 LL if the alliance can get into T100 - which while still demanding is nothing close to what alliance need to do for T10. 
    3)0 LL in case if alliance members will play randomly - which would be the exact same number of LLs if the Boss event was run without any PVE
    So for most of the players it will be either 1 or 0 LLs - which I believe isn't a thing to be upset upon.
    So if one can't play both because too much time comitment, then alliance should accept it. 
    Like I've said PVE in the same time as BOSS event is an opportunity to get more, but if it's not possible, then ok, you wouldn't be able to get those rewards at all if there was only BOSS event.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    awarnica said:
    Boss event + puzzle gauntlet + season end was a great idea. 

Boss event + new release 5* event is a bad idea. 

I can’t believe anyone actually thought this was a good idea. 

I’ve been around a while, 3100+ days. It won’t be an issue for me or many others. But I remember trying to finish the original boss events when we all had low 4* rosters (which is what I think most of the devs have). It wasn’t easy. And that was way before cl9 or cl10 pve. 

Here’s a thought - maybe send a survey out - if you can’t figure out what’s a good or bad idea mention it there or on the forum. Maybe like: hey we see the feedback that boss events end too early for the top 3% of rosters. We were thinking or led running a new release pve for a 5* at the same time. Anyone see an issue?

Then when everyone says it’s a bad idea, except for some forum trolls who always think everything is good, you will know that it was, in fact, a brain fart. 
    Wait I don't understand - are you saying the Devs have acted based upon the feedback of 3% of players? I hope not, regardless of whoever those players are!

Also if you check the other thread (the official one) it has been stated that this is an outlier although of course it *could* be the Devs throwing stuff at the wall. Anyway Ice said they would look at the metrics and feedback.
  • dianetics
    Hey hey hey this is the Internet and my voice matters. If you don’t listen to the minority of opinionated players you are doing it wrong.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    dianetics said:
    Hey hey hey this is the Internet and my voice matters. If you don’t listen to the minority of opinionated players you are doing it wrong.

Take note of? Sure. Try and incorporate/make happy? Absolutely. Allow to set policy? Absolutely not.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe if the pve was Deadpool vs MPQ, the negative feedbacks will be greatly reduced. I remember players being unhappy about their daily incomes dropping drastically when this event runs.
  • dianetics
    I was actually thinking it was the best PvE to run alongside a boss event. Since it’s 2 2 day subs.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,789 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surely a few people on the forum and social isn’t as important as the number of people that actually play it.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2022
    Bring back the regular gauntlet for boss weekends.
    Over 3 days, you unlock the 3 stages, getting harder with every stage and when you finish all 3, you unlock a 4th stage with challenge node difficulty, giving out 500 5* shards for your favored 5* char

that would be awesome

Edit: also, no timers, you just have to finish the whole thing before event end