Post your HP or Roster Slot wishes here

Options
HoundofShadow
HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
Currently, the top one concern of players is roster slot cost because we'll have an additional release per month beginning in September. To be exact, the scheduled 5* release in September is on the 22nd, unless the dev throws us a bonus 5* release.

Between now and then, instead of worrying about it, I think it would be more productive or more beneficial if players were to write down and quantify their wishes on how the dev could help with the additional 1000 or 2000 hp spending per month.

There shall be no judging in this thread. The purpose of this thread is to relay your wishes in quantifiable terms. Vague wishes that can't be quantified aren't helpful. For example, wishes for more hp resources are vague.

In order to make this more helpful, it'll be good to provide context. You might want to provide your playstyle, how much you play each day, your alliance typical placement, estimated HP earn rate, current number of roster slots and hps you have etc.

For example, it could look like:

Alliance pve placement: top 10,000
Alliance pvp placement: top 500
Pvp: play to 1200, T5-50 placement
Pve: T10 in scl 10 or T5 in scl 9

Current number of roster slots: over 300 
Current number of hp: 11k

HP earn rate: unsure. 
HP floating rate: ~4k.

Average monthly spending: 0

Wishes: increase monthly hp earn rate by 600-800.

Please this keep in mind, wishes are afterall wishes. However, quantifying your wishes make it easier to understand your pov and perhaps it could help the dev to establish a range to work on.  Even though we are 42 days away from the 3*/5* release schedule, I'll recommend penning down your wishes as soon as possible instead of waiting till September.

Template (you might want to add on other notes if you want to)

Alliance pve placement: 
Alliance pvp placement: 
Pvp playstyle: 
Pve playstyle: 

Current number of roster slots: 
Current number of hp:

HP earn rate:
HP floating rate: 

Average monthly spending: 

Wishes: 

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why should we do the devs' job?
    Only they know how they want to balance the rewards.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,866 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Bloody hell are we are applying for a job? 

Obvious answers:

Scrap or reduce the 2000HP roster slot cost at 300
    Have a roster slot sale to co-incide with 3/5 release schedule 
    Increase HP value for selling max champ characters up to 3* level - 4* and above generous enough so no change needed
    Incentivise chasing character by having extra HP rewards in release PvE vault allowing easier rostering
    Add HP rewards to newly revamped DDQ
    Wait for an announcement then cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war

• ickysticky
    ickysticky Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Personally I think an improvement could come with progression reward updates. Eg the PvP rewards increased to 150 for events (SCL 9 for me), so maybe for the season's shield simulator, bulk those HP rewards from 25 to 50.

Then for PvE, just the same general buffs for progression rewards. 60 to 90, 65 to 95 etc(SCL 8). Then a HP boost for the Player Awards. Lowest is 75. Perhaps 75 to 120, and a 45 boost to each other reward.

I'm not sure about what potential earning that equates to over time, but it'd make it much nicer trying to keep up with char releases and rostering oldies too
  • itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Change at least the early game so that beginners can roster more characters more easily. A new player that does not buy hp but plays very actively should be able to roster 1 new character in 1-2 days instead of 1-2 weeks. That still tempts them to spend and roster more and faster and get those great new chars you are tempting them with, but at least it will show them rostering new chars can be done, Players that do spend money on shield packs should not immediately get into hp drought again afterwards (for that matter, keep those shield pack offers available at all times, until bought).

How? Let them start with more slots and/or make the first 100 slots way cheaper and/or give better hp rewards at the lower level (and lock out higher players out of low pve scls so real beginners can earn those ranking rewards instead of them going to lazy 4* and 5* players that troll scl 1 to 5. A bandwith of 5 pve scls should be enough.

For all other players, cap roster slot cost at 1000 to adress the more than 2 chars a month problem, that should be enough.
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread Hound. I'm a 5* player with all characters rostered. I don't have an HP deficit due to the rewards I earn from farming. However it was definitely a challenge when building my roster so I would like to see roster slot sales return and increased HP in progression rewards. That would help players who still have lots of characters to roster.

One thought about HP in general. In most games, you spend your gold on exciting, shiny stuff like upgrades. In MPQ a lot of it goes on roster slots and shields, which feels a bit underwhelming. I don't have any suggestion for changing this but I think that psychologically it does explain the frustration of some players about the roster slot tax. I think we would all rather be spending it on vaults with cool characters...
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Are there really 4*/5* players playing in SCL 1-5? Wow, surely that should be closed off like Versus was.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Are there really 4*/5* players playing in SCL 1-5? Wow, surely that should be closed off like Versus was.
    Only by accident I think.
    Someone accidentally hit CL 1 once, but nobody punches that far down on purpose.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I've gone back to the Shard Champion Rewards announcement thread  to note how much HP was removed from character champion rewards because of the addition of shards and Mighty Tokens. For those who weren't here or don't recall, characters used to give out discreet complete covers of a certain color at various levels. Shards split that down into the current 3-levels to Full (at least for 4*s going to 5*) structure, and some previous rewards were both moved and reduced or just removed entirely. Some 3*s but not others were made to feed 2 4*s, while some 4*s still had multiple 3* feeders which weren't changed. Quickly visually skimming it, the changes were as follows:

2* characters had 50hp removed per character from their rewards in total
    3* looks like 350 hp were removed per character in total, replaced with tokens and shards
    4* didn't seem to lose any HP rewards

Without running the numbers and doing the stats, I would say that injecting some or all of that HP back into the economy would be desirable, particularly now that we are uncorking the 3* dilution pool by adding more. What used to be a fairly regular growth rate on that tier is going to very quickly slow down to a crawl once every cover you get has less and less chance of being somebody you have at a good reward level. Alternatively increasing the shard numbers (and by this i don't mean the number of levels that give out shards, I mean the number of shards you get on a shard-giving champ level) you get from them so you're getting more champ level progress on average could be helpful.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Oh I guess I missed that, or it changed at some point. Looking at the chart presented in the announcement thread, all the HP levels are coded orange, and I didn't notice any rows that weren't the same across them. Though it does appear quite a bit of CP was lost towards the upper end of a feeder 4* to make room for shards.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    those are just the changes to character champion rewards, shards and mighty tokens shifted around event rewards (in most cases for the better, but I want to say SCL 10 had some negative reaction at the time because of maybe the changes to CP or something?) but I assume some hp was probably removed from events as well. Probably worth digging that thread up to do the proper research though.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yeah, years ago I started a second account and was slowly building it up in scl 1-2 and every event it had the same guys in it with max champed 3s, champed 4s and some guys had champed 5s or at least lv400 5s playing for top placement. Pretty pathetic. It reminded me of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer was beating up on a bunch of kids in his karate class. Things were completely different when I was a new player and your competition was essentially on your level as well. Not a lot of people knew how to play optimally so even if you didn't have an essential character you could still do fairly well and get decent placement if you played more optimally than them. Anyways, I agree that those earlier levels definitely should be closed off.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I always thought policing the roster rather than the player would work. Lock out characters above a certain level, so if you enter, only your characters below 266 can be used.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do players mind if the dev gave everyone up to 2000 hp a month if it means grinding for another 5-10 minutes a day? This is a gacha game, so it's either time or money.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think i'd like to see a different cost based on tier level. that way you can make it more affordable at lower levels and keep it expensive at higher.
  • Weirdnerd2009
    Weirdnerd2009 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd like to see roster slots given as progression/placement rewards,  maybe things like the penultimate reward of a boss fight is a roster slot,  or season placement giving between 1 and 3 slots
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I'd like to see roster slots given as progression/placement rewards,  maybe things like the penultimate reward of a boss fight is a roster slot,  or season placement giving between 1 and 3 slots
    No chance.
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Would like to see something like a weekly and monthly milestone type system where you get rewards for completing certain objectives from regular play and the rewards would include items like HP to LL tokens to even one of the latest 4* covers. I won't be greedy and ask for yet another 5* cover, lol. I'm grateful for the 2 that we get from the boss events.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Do players mind if the dev gave everyone up to 2000 hp a month if it means grinding for another 5-10 minutes a day? This is a gacha game, so it's either time or money.
    Yes (though I would use "rewarded" instead of "gave").
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I don't think there is any point to providing a universal basic HP income, it would be (in my opinion) far superior to work it into play-based-rewards so people are incentivized to engage with the game. It is my belief that most of your paying players are the ones who engage with the main PVE/PVP events rather than those who just limit themselves to DDQ. So whether someone plays harder to use the toys they bought or they buy the toys so they can play harder, it stands to reason you would want to get more people engaging with your content. So if it goes anywhere, I would put more HP in the reward structure of the places I wanted my players to be spending their time. People will go where the incentives are.