Saved Teams Limit

Options
2»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Given that Saved Teams are for your most commonly used teams and the best supports are given to them, it's something that has already happened. It's not an additional step for most of them where you have to start from scratch and assign 30 supports to them. 

It won't matter how many supports BCS creates in the future. Ultimately, those players will still ask themselves this question, "Is this support better than what I've equipped to this character now? If the answer is no, ignore. Currently, there are 48 non-Stone Supports, and the best supports are those that gives you + up to 6 aps at the start of the game. 

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a visual example of how making use of filtering by supports can do away with the need for 30 saved teams and could even be faster. This example is based on supergarv's frequently used teams. I don't have Prof X and Onslaught so I used Phoenix and Mr Sinister to represent them.

As you can see, changing teams is done quickly and requires minimal scrolling. It's practical and usable immediately. On the other hand, the timeline of the dev increasing Saved Teams limits is unknown.

https://streamable.com/n69nx3
    It's also a workaround, "abusing" some other feature that it's not intended for. In addition, it requires you to both HAVE the supports, and distribute them on characters you might not actually want them on other than for the sake of allowing you to do this.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I'm not sure if "abusing" is the right word, because filtering by supports to find your team is part of the filter functions.  This is the official link:

https://d3go.helpshift.com/hc/en/3-marvel-puzzle-quest/faq/854-new-feature---updated-team-select-screen/

And I quote from the link

You are able to filter and sort your team (just like in the Roster screen)

Given that your most commonly used teams would have supports, and I doubt anyone is using 48 different characters as theit favourite teams, chances of needing enough supports to equip them is low. If certain characters don't need support, simply equip useless supports.

I've seen the requests for increasing Saved Team Limits as early as 2021. With so many other QOLs requests, and the developer focusing on creating more supports costumes and rebalances, do you think the new dev team will prioritise increasing Saved Teams? Players could take action now (by using supports as filter) or continue to change their commonly used teams by deleting and saving teams.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes please let the poor developers work on whatever they want, don't you DARE request features that would take like 5 minutes to implement!
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What an idiotic comment, but in case you think you are making a salient point, yes I would certainly prefer the devs to work on literally anything else besides this because there are more impactful ways to spend their time. 

They've shared a lot of actually interesting goals via the Q&A. Throw everything into a list and assign priority and then tell us how much we need more roster slots. This is a "nice-to-have" that won't even be impactful for everyone. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited August 2022
    Options
    There are a lot of 5 minutes changes that the dev can implement. Unfortunately, due to the vast numbers of changes/requests, the dev has to prioritise tasks. If we were to categorise "Increasing Saved Team limit"  request using Eisenhower Matrix, it will fall under "not important" and "not urgent". 

Fixing individual character like Shang Chi or Apocalypse due to Chasm's ability is also a few minute task. However, it falls under urgent and important.

Both are few minutes tasks but the urgency and importance between these two tasks are world apart. 

I'm sure there is a long list of 5 minute changes that the dev has on hand, but the request for increasing team limit is fighting with other 5 minute tasks for the attention of developers and players.  It has been more than 1 year since this 5 minute request has been mentioned and it's still queuing for attention. Giving Puck a stool to stand on so that players can see him better is a few minute task but it was implemented pretty quickly. This shows how important and urgent increasing team limit is.  :D

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We also have to keep in mind that none of us actually knows what's actually a 5-minute change and what's an involved change with the potential of breaking things. *cough CHASM cough*.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    Options
    Adding team slots is 100% not a 5 minute task.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It should be as much as replacing a variable 6 with 30.

So yeah, not a 5-minute task but 15 seconds.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They might have to make some ui adjustments, and you graphic design folks take forever to do things sometimes. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    supergarv said:
    It should be as much as replacing a variable 6 with 30.

So yeah, not a 5-minute task but 15 seconds.
    I can't tell if you're joking...
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    Options
    Tell me you know nothing about software without telling me you know nothing about software

Lol
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Given that Saved Teams are for your most commonly used teams and the best supports are given to them, it's something that has already happened. It's not an additional step for most of them where you have to start from scratch and assign 30 supports to them. 

It won't matter how many supports BCS creates in the future. Ultimately, those players will still ask themselves this question, "Is this support better than what I've equipped to this character now? If the answer is no, ignore. Currently, there are 48 non-Stone Supports, and the best supports are those that gives you + up to 6 aps at the start of the game. 

Mantis is now wielding a 2* Stormbreaker. Once I give Carbage a garbage support, I'll have my usually used special-tile characters with supports. I'd still prefer tabs with specialized teams, but I'm giving this workaround a go.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If they ever make a support that gives you 5+ blue AP at start of game it would become the #1PvE support in the game (Any character)
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tell me you know nothing about software without telling me you know nothing about software

Lol
    True. Its a scrollable container. If anybody would code that requiring UI adjustments or anything else than changing an integer "6" to "30" for just increasing a list from 6 to 30 items, they are doing their job wrong.

If anything, it would take time for new devs to understand the current coding, if its obfuscated or illegible. But if they find the place, it'd be really 15 seconds. Deployment, unit testing, QA would be in a pipeline and not handled by developers (if not already automated).
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From A&Q June:
    "Question - Many many questions: UI/QoL Updates (many forum members)

Answer - Many questions have surfaced asking about quality of life and UI improvements. Banners, boost inventory, and revisiting reward structures all immediately come to mind. Some of these we are working to improve right now (I hope everyone has enjoyed the modifications made to the reward structure for PVPs). Every day we are pursuing "what's next" in the long list of things that could be done to improve this already great game. Nothing is off the table, and many of the suggestions that fans are making are ones that we agree with. It all boils down to a factor of time, and the fact that MPQ is a mature game built with technologies that introduce complexities to seemingly simple fixes. This is especially true for UI. We're working on the next wave of improvements to MPQ, but know that it is an arduous process that will take more time than one might think".

So it seems to say 15 seconds is a bit of an absurd claim.