Saved Teams Limit

Options
supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
Hey,

recent chars are cool. We get more "paper scissors rock lizard spock" combinations.

Sadly picking them and scrolling through the huge list of 5s and 4s now is a chore. Alphabetical sorting without seeing names is too.

The solution is already in place, we get saved teams.

Could you please either raise the limit from 6 to 30 for example? Or make saved teams distinct to PVP, PVE, DDQ and Sim? Then 6 would be ok.

Thanks.

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think 30 is ridiculous especially since in 2 years I haven’t even seen a total of 30 different teams in PvP . Players play for speed believing it helps in placement, they use the same teams over and over and have zero use for variety . Anyone saying different is lying . However, when 6 spots were introduced there were a lot less characters so it should be increased to keep up with the growing roster . 10 to 12 would be more than enough 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Four of my six teams are various PVP grills, so yes, please expand the limit.
    Thank you!
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd be ok if they treated saved teams like roster slots, where each additional saved team cost you some HP. That would provide the mechanism for people to have as many saved teams as they wanted, and incentivize the dev team to make it happen.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2022
    Options
    1: DDQ with 5DP for his token (+thanos)
    2: DDQ with 3DP for whales (+thanos)
    3: PVE speed team (okoye/hulk/thanks)
    4: PVE essential team (okoye/thor)
    5: PVE CN team (okoye/wanda/hulk)
    6: PVP team A: Hulkoye
    7: PVP team B: Wanda/colossus
    8: sim team A: hulkoye/px
    9: sim team B: onslaught/shangchi/colossus
    10: pVE backup team A: polaris/brb/apoc
    11: PVE backup team B: polaris/kl/jane
    12: PVE new: okoye/jane/shangchi
    13: pve new: okoye/gorr/thanos
    14: pve special: kitty/grocket
    15: pve special: thor/okoye/chavez
    16: winfinite brb/polaris/4thanos

and multiple other new sin variations permuting:
    - shang
    - wanda
    - colossus
    - apoc
    - okoye
    - kitty
    - jane
    - brb
    - chavez
    - karnak
    - throg

So thats why 10 or 12 is easily not enough. Also think how many chars get released, and if it takes another 2 years until the next limit increase, I'd like to think ahead. :-)
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If there were 10 teams and you got to pick 2 instead of the required 3 it could work.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    30 is a lot. The next thing you know, players will request the dev to allow them to sort their favourite teams because it takes a lot of time to look for them. I use the filter by * and colour options to find the characters that I want. 

I think 10 is reasonable.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    supergarv said:
    1: DDQ with 5DP for his token (+thanos)
    2: DDQ with 3DP for whales (+thanos)
    3: PVE speed team (okoye/hulk/thanks)
    4: PVE essential team (okoye/thor)
    5: PVE CN team (okoye/wanda/hulk)
    6: PVP team A: Hulkoye
    7: PVP team B: Wanda/colossus
    8: sim team A: hulkoye/px
    9: sim team B: onslaught/shangchi/colossus
    10: pVE backup team A: polaris/brb/apoc
    11: PVE backup team B: polaris/kl/jane
    12: PVE new: okoye/jane/shangchi
    13: pve new: okoye/gorr/thanos
    14: pve special: kitty/grocket
    15: pve special: thor/okoye/chavez
    16: winfinite brb/polaris/4thanos

and multiple other new sin variations permuting:
    - shang
    - wanda
    - colossus
    - apoc
    - okoye
    - kitty
    - jane
    - brb
    - chavez
    - karnak
    - throg

So thats why 10 or 12 is easily not enough. Also think how many chars get released, and if it takes another 2 years until the next limit increase, I'd like to think ahead. :-)
    To have a saved team for a team you use once a day at most is ludicrous. I’d spend more time looking for it in the saved roster than it would take me to build myself in the roster selection 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I think 30 is ridiculous especially since in 2 years I haven’t even seen a total of 30 different teams in PvP . Players play for speed believing it helps in placement, they use the same teams over and over and have zero use for variety . Anyone saying different is lying . However, when 6 spots were introduced there were a lot less characters so it should be increased to keep up with the growing roster . 10 to 12 would be more than enough 
    On my main account I have about 25 teams I use with some regularity.  

DDQ -

5 teams - 1*Juggs/1*Spidey/1*MBW for first node, 2*Storm/2*Thor/2*Mags for 2nd and 3rd node, Colossus/Ghostpool/required for node 4, 4* Juggs/4*R&G/3*Deadpool for node 5 and occasionally I'll sub that out for Nova/3*Deadpool/4*Starlord if I am not pressed for time since that is a fun team to play.  

PVE -

2 for Easy nodes 4*Juggs/4*R&G/Gamora non-wave, 4*Juggs/4*R&G/Polaris wave

Hard nodes I'm usually using different combinations of 5*Kitty/Polaris/R&G/Morbius/4* Doc Ock/Melinda May/5*KK (coming soon)/4*Gorr (coming soon) and alternately Shang-Chi/Valk/+ either 5*SW/America Chavez, 4* Doc Ock or Colossus depending on the enemies faced.  Right there that's a minimum of 11 and realistically closer to 15 or 16 different teams that I regularly use.  

CN's I use variations of the teams above but with just two members so that adds a bunch of permutations, let's say 6 distinct set ups at the minimum.  

Regular PvPs I have my 4 grill teams depending on who is boosted, plus SW/Colossus, Shang-Chi+1 (several of those are already counted above in PvE) and on an event by event basis 1-3 other teams depending on who is boosted.  Maybe 10 regular with 6 floating spots.  

Shield Sim a couple of grill teams + a handful of main teams.  Maybe 7-8 there

I could fill and use on a weekly basis 50 slots no problem.  I know that isn't going to happen but your estimate of how many teams people are actually using doesn't hold much water with my playstyle nor with the playstyle of most of the people I interact with.  

To have a saved team for a team you use once a day at most is ludicrous. I’d spend more time looking for it in the saved roster than it would take me to build myself in the roster selection 

It's a QoL issue.  Can I manually set them?  Sure, I do so every day.  Would it be a lot nicer not to have to?  You betcha.  Scrolling through a screen with the set ups already made is much quicker than doing it manually every day for over a thousand days...
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is NOTHING “ridiculous” about wanting 30 teams. I can think of 15 right off the bat that I either use a lot or really like to use or are just to deal with a specific team or to speed run through pve or anti-meta. 

And none of those teams have FosThor who I have fallen in love with and will probably develop at least 4 teams with. 

Heck….. just today I’ve used 8 different teams. 

Thanos/Thor/Phoenix 
    5*deadpool/whocates/5*spiderman (pp)
    juggernaut/4*r&g/4*gamora
    okoye/gorr/hulkling
    hawkeyeball/mantis
    hawkeyeball/5*elektra
    adam warlock/crystal/FosThor 
    wanda/elektro/5*gamora

And I haven’t even done pve yet. 

I think 15 is good. But 30 is good too. I’m leaning towards 20-25 as perfect. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2022
    Options
    There's a diminishing return if the number of Saved Teams exceed a certain number. For example, I believe 30 is a lot because majority of the players won't be able to remember the position of each team. Chances are we are going to overscroll or stop too early if those teams are not in the last three or first three positions. When this happens, we are going to scroll slowly to find that particular team. So, the benefits of Saved Team have been neutralised by such action.

If you use the filter by colours and * level option, you'll be able to find them more quickly. Alternatively, you can equip supports to your frequently used teams and remove supports from those that you don't use and then filter your roster by supports. This will be even quicker than having 30 Saved Teams.

• Katakuri1
    Katakuri1 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I do believe the if they expanded the saved teams to a total of 15-20 would be ideal. 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To accommodate 30 saved teams, I would add four more tabs and make every tab nameable. For example, I would have a tab dedicated to Shang-Chi centered teams, one for DDQ, one for easy pve nodes, and another for teams suggested on the forums. An inherent feature is that the saved teams are pre-filtered, though sorting them would be a nice enhancement as well.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zalasta said:
    I'd be ok if they treated saved teams like roster slots, where each additional saved team cost you some HP. That would provide the mechanism for people to have as many saved teams as they wanted, and incentivize the dev team to make it happen.
    I would want to hear how much they intend to charge for saved teams before endurance this idea,  but in principle this makes sense.

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have no problem with 30 saved teams. I probably wouldn't use that many but I definitely use more than 6 teams regularly. The reality is there are a huge number of characters in the game so anything that saves time in finding your favourite team is welcome.
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    I’ll agree with more saved team slots. I think ~10 would be perfect for me, but the more the merrier really. People having the option of 30 saved teams doesn’t affect my life in the slightest so bring it on. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whatever the number, signing up for VIP should at least give you double that.

KGB
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd be fine with adding more options to the filter menu instead of more saved teams. If I could search by charged tile, web tile, etc. then I could assemble teams more quickly.

Maybe they will do this in the future with affiliations, given they are starting to get more attention. 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    **Mod note: Some posts were removed since they were off topic and a warning issued for a violation of rule 7. Please keep this thread on topic and remember to be civil with your responses. Thank you.  
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    This is a visual example of how making use of filtering by supports can do away with the need for 30 saved teams and could even be faster. This example is based on supergarv's frequently used teams. I don't have Prof X and Onslaught so I used Phoenix and Mr Sinister to represent them.

As you can see, changing teams is done quickly and requires minimal scrolling. It's practical and usable immediately. On the other hand, the timeline of the dev increasing Saved Teams limits is unknown.

https://streamable.com/n69nx3
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is a visual example of how making use of filtering by supports can do away with the need for 30 saved teams and could even be faster. This example is based on supergarv's frequently used teams. I don't have Prof X and Onslaught so I used Phoenix and Mr Sinister to represent them.

As you can see, changing teams is done quickly and requires minimal scrolling. It's practical and usable immediately. On the other hand, the timeline of the dev increasing Saved Teams limits is unknown.

https://streamable.com/n69nx3
    That's an excellent example of using what you've got. It does require that anyone that you'd put on your save30 list must be assigned a support, and that hack will become more cumbersome over time as Borken Circle adds more supports to the game.