Riveteers Charm (SNC) - bug in mechanics [Investigating]

Ebenezum
Ebenezum Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
Card: Riveteers Charm (SNC)
Mechanics: Outcast
Bug: when triggered (6 or more red gems), cards are drawn and placed on battlefield, but they are exiled at the end of turn
Affected cards: creatures, reinforcements, enchantments

Tagged:

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,276 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    @Oktagon_Support it also seems to destroy lands but that isn't mentioned in the text. 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't that how Outcast is supposed to work?
  • KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited September 2022
    Yes and no, this is copied from the 5.3.0 release notes.
    The first part reads exactly like it does in-game, but the explanation beneath suggests cards should only be exiled if they were not cast, just like it works in Paper:

"
    Outcast
    When this card is moved to anywhere other than the battlefield, exile it. At the end of this turn, if it's not exiled, exile it.  
    The Outcast evergreen is Magic:PQ’s way to adapt a situation known as Impulse Drawn. It’s given to cards in the player’s hand, and if the player does not cast that card in the same turn it’s drawn, the card is then exiled at the end of the turn.
    "

@Oktagon_Support can you please find out if the design team purposefully chose to make outcast different in this game compared to paper??
    Because in paper a permanent with Outcast loses Outcast as soon as it is cast, it is NOT exiled at end of turn.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    KrizzB said:

@Oktagon_Support can you please find out if the design team purposefully chose to make outcast different in this game compared to paper??
    Because in paper a permanent with Outcast loses Outcast as soon as it is cast, it is NOT exiled at end of turn.
    And for the sake of pedantry and completeness, if a non-Outcast permanent is reinforced by an Outcast card, what is the expected behavior?

• KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 92 Match Maker
    I always expected the act of casting an Outcast permanent to remove Outcast from the card as is normal in paper, meaning reinforcements should never have Outcast after casting either..

• SometimesWitchy
    SometimesWitchy Posts: 6 Just Dropped In

Has there been any update on this? Because I’ve noticed some of my outcast ability cards behave this way, but others do not. Which is meant to be correct?

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor

@Magic:PQ Support Team
    another one that needs looking into