Column of strikes?

2»

Comments

• FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    This is my 4th attempt, I get 28 blue, fire them and this is the board result. Anytime I make a match more TU tiles fall. The two columns I have with no TU tiles always get the fortified web tiles. I match the black strike get rid of the TU more TU fall.  
    By the time I get more blue, Daken is downed. I fire more blue same result, web tiles and eventually I kill Mantis too. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is my 4th attempt, I get 28 blue, fire them and this is the board result. Anytime I make a match more TU tiles fall. The two columns I have with no TU tiles always get the fortified web tiles. I match the black strike get rid of the TU more TU fall.  
    By the time I get more blue, Daken is downed. I fire more blue same result, web tiles and eventually I kill Mantis too. 
    Target Mantis to let Daken heal.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 attempts total? If so, that's not very many compared to how many some make.

As soon as your chance of a column (in your case column 1 and 4) are all ruined due to web tiles you might as well retreat because you will never make it happen at that point. Easier to start again.

When you started firing Blue, how many strikes were in column 1 and 4? If you don't have at least 4 strikes or more in those columns your odds are quite slim that it will work out given you only get 7 strikes placed (Rank 5 in Blue) per cast and 5 web tiles. Keep matching tiles even if you have 30 Blue until you have a column with no TU and at least 5 or ideally 6+ strikes in it.

KGB
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,202 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Karnak, saved up 30 red then cherry picked a row or two to make all strike tiles.
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    I used Karnak, saved up 30 red then cherry picked a row or two to make all strike tiles.
    This one finally worked for me! Thanks!