Column of strikes?

Options
jp1
jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
Nobody else having trouble with this one? I’ve been using Silk and the match can go on for an hour without making a column.

Any tips? I’d appreciate it.

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And…..next time around with Silk I got it. Nevermind.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ask for Dazzler teamup, save 30 red aps and she creates 35 strike tiles.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yondu and Polaris TUs are also helpful. The other trick is to try to make sure you have a few columns (not just one) which don’t have either TUs or webtiles or countdown tiles in them. That way when you fire the 3 TUs in a row, you increase your chances of having one column get full. 
  • Dok12
    Dok12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I struggled with this because my champed Silk kept downing both enemies before I got a column of strikes. In the end I asked for polaris team ups from alliance and got it using those. 
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Had same issues with Silk killing off both opponents. Was just down to perseverance in the end if you don't use team ups. Eventually the tiles fall right - think it was 5th attempt
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More than anything else we need a way to sort rosters looking for characters who do things like create charged tiles etc. I can never remember who does what.

What team are you using to get the row of charged tiles. The one with Carnage/Vulture/Throg. I just can't seem to get rid of the annoying attack tiles to make the row. I've tried with 4Thor, Jubilee, Negasonic and 4Thor, Jubilee, 3* Iron man (to get blue/red/green) but I am not even close. I must be over looking someone or some obvious team that makes this trivial.

The Silk node is easy because she's the only character you can use so you just save 28 blue and let rip.

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2022
    Options
    If you need to spam web tiles/charged tiles, my favourite team is IM40 (5/3/5) /Shuri (5/3/5) + the IW Spidey(5/5/3) and Throg(5/5/3).

+2 red and green aps. Gather 8 red and 6 or 9 yellow aps. You can use yellow/red supports to speed up the process. Fire Shuri's red followed by IM40 yellow.  For Throg, let opponent gather green after you have saved up aps if you need to because Carnage and Vulture can't fire green powers. Make sure to look out for TU tiles that will hinder your success.

https://streamable.com/xgtqgd
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2022
    Options
    KGB said:
    More than anything else we need a way to sort rosters looking for characters who do things like create charged tiles etc. I can never remember who does what.

What team are you using to get the row of charged tiles. The one with Carnage/Vulture/Throg. I just can't seem to get rid of the annoying attack tiles to make the row. I've tried with 4Thor, Jubilee, Negasonic and 4Thor, Jubilee, 3* Iron man (to get blue/red/green) but I am not even close. I must be over looking someone or some obvious team that makes this trivial.

The Silk node is easy because she's the only character you can use so you just save 28 blue and let rip.

KGB
    Not sure what your roster looks like, but I used Throg, 4* Lady Thor, and Crystal.  Save up as much green ap for Throg and all of Lady Thors colors.  Throgs green will handle the enemy special tiles.  Used Crystal to keep everyone's health up.  

The round 5 node, column of web tiles is giving me fits.  Tried Miles, Spider-Man IW, and Crystal for health again.  No dice.  Any advice is appreciated. 

Edit:  I second the sorting features you described.  I think it's a great idea.  
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Here's the video for web puzzle:

It's the same setup for Charged tiles puzzle. 

It went a bit longer because the AI was taking almost all my red matches, I needed to clean up those TU tiles and Shuri was getting stunned multiple times. This is what happens when RNG is working against you. However, perseverance paid off.

You get 8 web tiles per 4 green aps. 30/4 = 7
    7*8 = 56 web tiles

https://streamable.com/bjc912

• FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ugg even with the teams set I cannot fet the web tile one or the strike tile without killing off the team. I saved 28 blue for Silk and still no columns, too many web tiles, kill off the team. I hate that our powers kill the team, I prefer not being able to down the enemy team. I just cannot get these levels, either I die or they do. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Ask for dazzler red teamup, save 30 red aps and fire her teamup which will create 35 strike tiles. It's 55% of the board. Add in other strike tiles and teamup and it should be done. Bring two dazzler teamup if you want to guarante victory. It gives you a total of 70 strike tiles, which already is an overkill.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:

I used 5-star Gambit, 4-star Thor, and Archangel.  Archangel was there just to stun the Airborne contingent, while Gambit and Thor make charged tiles, albeit very slowly.  Eventually, Throg fired a power that gave me the win all by itself thanks to Carnage's attack tiles getting converted.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugg even with the teams set I cannot fet the web tile one or the strike tile without killing off the team. I saved 28 blue for Silk and still no columns, too many web tiles, kill off the team. I hate that our powers kill the team, I prefer not being able to down the enemy team. I just cannot get these levels, either I die or they do. 

Web tiles is pure RNG, it's annoying.
    Spidergwen, Miles and Spider Man 2099 work.
  • KGB
    Options
    In the solo Silk node (column of strikes) you shouldn't be killing off the enemy team unless you are firing her powers (ie match damage should not kill them).

I got it on the 3rd try and one the first 2 tries I only fired her Blue (2x back to back) once I had a column with 4 strikes in it. Once I failed (ie a web tile in my column I was trying to finish) I just retreated since it's virtually impossible at that point.

On the 3rd try I fired her black early on because I needed the web tile heal (plus some extra strikes) but otherwise I didn't use any power but her Blue.

Its important to clear the TU tiles whenever possible since those prevent columns from being made. My match order is Blue then TU then whatever match 3 doesn't include strikes.

Handy team up powers to bring are Polaris (makes 8 strikes) but also even 2* Bullseye Green because that lets you destroy tiles including TUs so it can be handy to remove a bunch of TU tiles to give you more chances at making a full column.

KGB
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Anyone have advice on the final node, 4 charged corners?

I have tried Silk and Storm, and Storm dies quickly, and Silk matches go 40 mins and still never close to getting it. I think my best has been 2 corners at once. 

Thanks. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I'm trying to remember... I think I used Magneto. Rush for red and yellow, drop a bunch of protect tiles, then take out the TU tiles.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kross said:

I have tried Silk and Storm, and Storm dies quickly, and Silk matches go 40 mins and still never close to getting it. I think my best has been 2 corners at once. 

Thanks. 
    Karnak’s red and some drop luck is what did it for me.
  • KGB
    Options
    Kross said:

Thanks. 
    Karnak’s red and some drop luck is what did it for me.
    Same. You use his Red to destroy tiles so the bottom 2 corners get filled with fortified tiles. That's the hard part.

Then it's just a matter of making matches in the side columns (or using his Red again) and waiting for a drop in the top corners.

KGB
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    KGB said:
    In the solo Silk node (column of strikes) you shouldn't be killing off the enemy team unless you are firing her powers (ie match damage should not kill them).

I got it on the 3rd try and one the first 2 tries I only fired her Blue (2x back to back) once I had a column with 4 strikes in it. Once I failed (ie a web tile in my column I was trying to finish) I just retreated since it's virtually impossible at that point.

On the 3rd try I fired her black early on because I needed the web tile heal (plus some extra strikes) but otherwise I didn't use any power but her Blue.

Its important to clear the TU tiles whenever possible since those prevent columns from being made. My match order is Blue then TU then whatever match 3 doesn't include strikes.

Handy team up powers to bring are Polaris (makes 8 strikes) but also even 2* Bullseye Green because that lets you destroy tiles including TUs so it can be handy to remove a bunch of TU tiles to give you more chances at making a full column.

KGB
    The amount of strike tiles kills them while I’m waiting for the column to fill up. I only fired blue, did this twice. The strike tiles kill them off while I’m trying to chase blue, I’m having the worst luck with where she makes the web tiles when I fire blue and there is 1 TU tile in almost all columns I can’t match away. Driving me mad
  • KGB
    Options
    KGB said:

KGB
    The amount of strike tiles kills them while I’m waiting for the column to fill up. I only fired blue, did this twice. The strike tiles kill them off while I’m trying to chase blue, I’m having the worst luck with where she makes the web tiles when I fire blue and there is 1 TU tile in almost all columns I can’t match away. Driving me mad

Ask an alliance member for a 3* Mags TU and hope you get his Red. That will remove all the TU's from the board (fire it once you have roughly have the board filled with strikes) and hopefully the new tile fall + cascade from Mags power doesn't drop many TU's.

KGB