Marvel Puzzle Quest R257 Release Notes (7/19/22)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R257 Release Notes.

“Genetic memory….”

• Celebrate Spider-Man’s 60th anniversary with webtastic events and rewards!
  • Gather your Alliance to take down Gorr the God Butcher in this epic Boss Battle!
  • Kraven brings the world’s most dangerous game to the Arena!
  • Puzzle Ops returns with new challenging puzzles to solve!

Additional Details:

• Localization fixes and UI improvements.

Thank you for playing!

Comments

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    YES!!!! I have a feeling I know who this is and I have wanted her for so long. Spider Man themed character. And the next is a 5 star. 

I think we're finally getting a 5 star Web tile character besides Peter. Mayday Parker aka Spider-Woman. That, or Superior Spider-Man. Either option Would be so insanely exciting! I am just happy at the idea of another 5 star web tile user. Could really a web meta in the upper tiers. 

• Venomous
    NOPE. I take it back. Ignore above. Genetic Memory. This is Scarlet Spider. I am certain. We're finally getting Ben! 
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    The speculation in another thread is a 5 star She-Hulk due to the show in August. This clue seems like it fits that. However I would enjoy seeing Jamie Madrox or Darwin. 
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Is this Moira MacTaggert?   She was one of the catalysts for the creation of Krakoa, which is now allowing the mutants to celebrate the Hellfire Gala
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Toad, gotta be Toad.  :p
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Maud'Dib?
  • SuperCarrot
    You could maybe even consider Stryfe. That would be one more “major” x-villain off the list.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    I was thinking moira as well, she basically reincarnates every time she dies or something now right?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    She-Hulk is showing on August 17.

Next release schedule is:
    July 28 - 5*
    August 11 - 4*
    August 25 - 5*

Releasing a 5* on July 28 She-Hulk seems too early.  I think they will release Abomination on August 11 and She Hulk on August 25.

I got Venom and Symbiote when searching for Genetic Memory. I'm going with 5* Venom. 
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Yep gotta be 5* venom
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I’d still like the Leader as my last new character, with possibly the shortest cameo in the MCU
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Venomous said:
    NOPE. I take it back. Ignore above. Genetic Memory. This is Scarlet Spider. I am certain. We're finally getting Ben! 
    Double-edged sword, this one. Because Ben's most recent story is about him losing all of the memories he inherited from Peter, and transforming from "Spider-Man Beyond" or whatever into Chasm.

This kinda reminds me of Electro. Francine Frye is cool, but we asked for Maxwell Dillon for ages, and it kinda felt like we got the "wrong" Electro.

Likewise, we might finally be getting Ben Reilly, but NOT the Scarlet Spider...
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    We love the leader.  Na na na na na na na na LEADER!
  • Venomous
    JHawkInc said:
    Venomous said:
    Double-edged sword, this one. Because Ben's most recent story is about him losing all of the memories he inherited from Peter, and transforming from "Spider-Man Beyond" or whatever into Chasm.

This kinda reminds me of Electro. Francine Frye is cool, but we asked for Maxwell Dillon for ages, and it kinda felt like we got the "wrong" Electro.

Likewise, we might finally be getting Ben Reilly, but NOT the Scarlet Spider...
    Oh..... Huh. Didn't know any of that. Really hope it's him. As I said. What I want is just a 5 star who uses Web tiles. If it's Venom or even Spider-Madam, I'll be happy. Peter Parker as 5 star is neat.... But we need another. Miquel and Silk are both so strong but a 5 star Spider-verse may be what it takes to really make them meta in PvE and PvP. 

I just want a 5 star Web tile user. Simple as that. 

As for Electro. Honestly. I'm not disappointed. Dillion is great but I knew next to nothing of Francine. Didn't even know she existed. Her being added is what got me to research and look into her so now I am kinda more interested in her than Dillion. Which is saying something coming from someone who loves the classics. I like the idea of a fan girl, but for villains. Basically an evil Kamala Khan. 
  • SuperCarrot
    Down for 5 star Venom. The Cates run dealt with genetic memory
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
    Down for 5 star Venom. The Cates run dealt with genetic memory

The only 5* Venom we should get is the Eddie Venom from the end of the Knull storyline, imo. The one we have isn't terribly useful but is a good representation powerwise.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    I’d still like the Leader as my last new character, with possibly the shortest cameo in the MCU
    Na na na na Leader!!!
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    We love the leader.  Na na na na na na na na LEADER!
    BATMAN! I MEAN LEADER!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’d be down for a 3* Chasm / 5* Scarlet Spider dual release. Is it September yet?

and I believe Venom and Punisher are two of the biggest omissions in the 5* tier with regards to characters already in the game. So maybe they are rectifying this. A Kamala, Jane, Brock LL trio would be pretty damned epic. 
  • Luminousquilt
    Luminousquilt Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I'm going to throw my hat in the ring with the guess of *5 morlun. I know I'm wrong but it would be nice.