What's your favorite PVE?

Options

Comments

• CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Deadpool vs MPQ and the cosmic one where everyone is buffed on the last day.
    I think that’s Lost in Time
  • Dok12
    Dok12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I love puzzle gauntlets and boss events, due to less pressure to play on a schedule and the change in gameplay to more strategic instead of just using fastest characters 
  • StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Either DPvsMPQ or Boss events.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't get the love for Strange Sights.  I remember it won some fan poll a while back in game as the best PVE.  Anything with Sentries is easily tied for my least favorite PVE so I am biased against Strange Sights.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't get the love for Strange Sights.  I remember it won some fan poll a while back in game as the best PVE.  Anything with Sentries is easily tied for my least favorite PVE so I am biased against Strange Sights.
    Probably because of all the tokens you get from alliance playing all three subs each day.
  • LavaManLee
    Options
    Probably because of all the tokens you get from alliance playing all three subs each day.
    Interesting.  I've never noticed it really giving more or less tokens than the other PVEs.  I know there are more vaults but they usually don't have much of interest so hadn't paid attention.
  • Wyntre
    Wyntre Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I love Strange Sights for multiple reasons--big fan of Strange in Marvel generally, big fan of getting to place higher by choosing to go in an order other than 1-2-3, big fan of extra tokens from alliance... and also love the Kaci battle, which feels like an alliance boss battle and makes me think differently but not *too* differently.

But my favorite to play is EASILY the last day of Lost in Time.  My husband and I call it "Oops All Crystalled."  It's just FUN--speedy to get through, yes, but fun-speedy.  Reminds me of the days before SL10 existed and I would zip through all of SL9 PVE like a goddess.
  • EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Options
    In no particular order - Webbed Wonder, Spider Silk and Lost in Time.
    Mainly because the first two gives 4 star characters and the third one is when on the last day EVERYONE is powered up. xDD
    Strange Sights is a close one simply because I get to see what monster 5* Strange becomes. xD Oh, how I want him on my roster...! Someday, someday.....
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always play the sentries on the first day so I don't have to deal with them anymore. With Shang Chi and America I can take them out fairly quickly once I get rid of that green one.
  • LavaManLee
    Options
    shardwick said:
    I always play the sentries on the first day so I don't have to deal with them anymore. With Shang Chi and America I can take them out fairly quickly once I get rid of that green one.
    Totally.  I do that also (I always go 2/3/1).  I just was curious as to the love for the event overall as I still don't quite understand it.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The old Gauntlet.  Especially if it were brought back with updated rewards.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Totally.  I do that also (I always go 2/3/1).  I just was curious as to the love for the event overall as I still don't quite understand it.
    1) Unique boss battle each day
    2) 3 sub choices daily means 3x the daily reward at least in terms of ISO/tokens from your alliance reward.
    3) 3 choices means there are 3 top 10 lists for each sub so top 30 get rewards that normally top 10 get so better chance for higher placement rewards.
    4) Unique vaults for each sub with limited tokens (20) and one of the rewards is 5 cp which no other PvE offers.

KGB
  • CharlieLima
    Options
    I really enjoy Sinister Six boss event. It’s fun to go against 6 mini-bosses and change tactics on the fly.
  • JackDeath666
    JackDeath666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Consensus seems to be that people prefer whatever can be cleared the quickest and easiest. I tend to agree, although paradoxically I'd also love a "you are supposed to lose" difficulty level PVE.

Failing that, then if everyone just wants PVE over and done so quickly then can we just delete PVE and make MPQ a PVP only experience? Wouldn't that be more fun? 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My favorite is Webbed Wonder because it's a funny and well written storyline. Since 2-day subs give less rewards than two 1-day subs and it has a weaker storyline, Deadpool vs MPQ comes in second (though I absolutely love the heroes map).

I'm also glad we had the 1st Galactus boss event as it gave us "you're supposed to lose".
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Consensus seems to be that people prefer whatever can be cleared the quickest and easiest. I tend to agree, although paradoxically I'd also love a "you are supposed to lose" difficulty level PVE.

Failing that, then if everyone just wants PVE over and done so quickly then can we just delete PVE and make MPQ a PVP only experience? Wouldn't that be more fun? 
    Hell no. Pvp sucks more than Talos.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shardwick said:

Agreed. If it weren't for the stuff you get from playing PVP, I wouldn't even play it. I play until the 175 shards and that's more than enough pvp for me. 
  • CharlieLima
    Options
    shardwick said:

I just assumed it was a troll comment.
  • StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Most of the newer ones are good. I like clear paths that do not have nodes bunched up together. 1 clear yellow nodes are nice as are CN’s that have some oomph (Think CC). Bout the only two I really despise are VB and HAT. 
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 467 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Webbed Wonder, Venom Bomb, Spider Silk. They're all decently written and change things up without being a maze of clear order (if The Hunt had more clear progression, It'd break in because it's a fun event other than the actual "hunt" part).