What's your favorite PVE?

Options
leviticuschom
leviticuschom Posts: 64 Match Maker
edited July 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
Which PVE's bring you the most joy and why? What qualities make for an enjoyable PVE experience (organization, predictable enemies, faster clears, unique fights)?

Comments

• illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll go first.  The only pve I truly loved, was Places of Power.   4 clears, and you're done. You had ANY TIME within the 24hrs to complete it. There was no mad rush.  It had 3 difficulties,  but you only needed to do the hard one.  The rewards and progression was amazing.  The second, time, not as good. It was ran during anniversary season a few years ago.  
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Strange Sights , my uncle in law is named in it, which makes me unique in this game as no one else has a family member worthy of MPQ mentioning 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boss events aside, the original Fight for Wakanda (before it was put in cold storage for years and brought out to be nerfed) was the most refreshing pve ever made. 

Based on my memory, these were the subs not in particular order:

1)  flipping all friendly protect tiles to the enemies'. I think protect tiles will fall from the top as well.
    2)  2 or 3 turn cd tile that destroys (3x3?) tiles and deal damage to both players and enemies
    3) 2 or 3 turn cd that stuns any characters, including enemies.

I think there's one more sub but I can't remember the details.

As for now, all the current pves follow your typical rules. Some might enjoy the match against Kaecilius, but it's only one node out of 9-10 nodes. I can't imagine an entire pve being turned into Puzzle Gauntlet for 3-4 days with placements. It would be hilarious to watch the reactions to it though.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Strange Sights is the pve I place higher than normal which is nice.  Lost In Time is nice because you mostly face actual characters not mindless ones, thugs, etc.  I would say my favorite pve is Simulator mainly because it's easy to follow the order of operation.  

Edit: I'm on day 577 so my pve experiences only goes back so far.  Have no idea what Places of Power is, but it sounds super interesting.  
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,526 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like Strange Sights the most. Variety in enemy type. Boss at the end. Required story node and the like.
    I think Webbed Wonder would be second to Strange Sights. 
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    7-day Enemy of the State
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    7-day Enemy of the State
    I’m patiently waiting for it to come back because I still have tokens for it.
  • Valdoraptor
    Valdoraptor Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I like Strange Sights because thanks to the choice option I often end up in a subevent with not-so-hardcore players and can access some higher placement positions.

Other than that, I prefer the events with majority of goons like Operation Spider Silk (it has the initial battle of Widows which can be real struggle if you are unlucky though).
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    7-day Enemy of the State
    This one has a special place in my heart since it was my first PVP after completing the prologue. I had focused on 2-star Wolverine, who was the heavy hitter of my roster. Little did I know...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Puzzle Gauntlet 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Deadpool vs MPQ - used to dread it, but now those 2x48H subs are welcome changes of pace to the daily grinds

Simulator - is a challenge but I appreciate the variety it affords the Devs to show off characters and breaks the monotony exhibited in other PVEs

Strange sights - always liked the choices that make this PVE a bit more unique

Spider Silk - just cos it's fresh today, but this newer PVE design has steps in the right direction to what all PVEs should do.  Single clear loaner node & 1 less trivial node are minor but much appreciated changes.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1. Simulator, because it has the single hardest challenge node and no DA. Could use another update.

2. Lost In Time, because the matchups are fresher and the third stage is always fun
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Enemy of the State. Hell, bring back all of the seven day events. I miss playing them.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I already posted once, but I wasn't thinking about boss events.  I do prefer boss events over normal pve.  I like not having the time crunch and the alliance aspect of them.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Webbed Wonder.  

A - I like Howard's comics so anytime I get to see him pop up is cool. 

B - It is really well written.  I usually quickly skip through any of the dialogue but this one I'll usually read through at least once. 

C - Free Howard cover.   See A.  
  • McRich
    McRich Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    7-day Enemy of the State

7 days pve event?  I would get tired of it.  
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I second EotS. It had a lot of wave nodes, which was pretty cool. It also ran in a time where wave nodes rewards werent nerfed yet, so they still rewarded event tokens instead of heroic tokens. 
  • AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Spider Silk, Strange Sights, Webbed Wonder in that order. 
    Spider Silk really does show off what has been learned and makes for a good PvE. 
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Deadpool vs MPQ and the cosmic one where everyone is buffed on the last day.