Marvel Puzzle Quest R256 Release Notes (7/5/22)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R256 Release Notes.

“Antitheist…”

• Celebrate Independence Day in MPQ with patriotic events and rewards!
  • Get ready for the Thor: Love and Thunder premiere with godlike activities and login gifts!
  • Embiggen your attacks and compete in the Kamala Khan PVP Arena!
  • Deadpool steals the show in this wacky story event!
  • PVP Soul Season is here! Battle your opponents and claim the top spot while you can!

Additional Details:

• Fixed issues with spelling and grammar in multiple languages.

Thank you for playing!

Tagged:

Comments

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    4* Gor!   Would be have been better if he was 5*.   I assume it will be this cover?  

• SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If it is Gor I would have loved for him to be a 5 star. The 5 star villains are woefully under represented. Villains usually are a large threat when they first appear(then they become jobbers), sometimes requiring a team-up to take down…so based on comic book logic I feel there should be more 5-star villains. That is just my thoughts on villains needing more love. Can’t wait if it is Gor!
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wanna know more about this KK pvp arena.  The Deadpool event too.  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's KK PVP and Deadpool vs MPQ PVE.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gorr, Gorr, Gorr!

Unfortunately, he's going to be a 4*.
  • WilliamK1983
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Well that's disappointing.  Idk why I read it as if it was something more than just the usual grind 🤷‍♂️
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Is this confirmed?  Or is like Dakar arena with LR style timing?  How many days is this running and specificly

1.  Is this like version 1 Sakar arena where you lock into the same lb and same players for every cycle or like

2.  Version 2 where you get a fresh lb with different players each cycle?

• WilliamK1983
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Is this confirmed?  Or is like Dakar arena with LR style timing?  How many days is this running and specificly

1.  Is this like version 1 Sakar arena where you lock into the same lb and same players for every cycle or like

Deadpool vs MPQ is on the schedule.  I didn't see a KK pvp unless it updated in the last hour or so.  I'm not sure what the Sakar arena was, before my time I guess, but that sounds like a ton of fun. 
  • Phumade
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Bowgentle said:

Deadpool vs MPQ is on the schedule.  I didn't see a KK pvp unless it updated in the last hour or so.  I'm not sure what the Sakar arena was, before my time I guess, but that sounds like a ton of fun. 
    I’m not gonna spoil the fun for when you learn how sakar arena is setup! Hehe. Just know the format rules are gonna be a big deal.  I hope they will accept public feedback and have enought time to make whatever adjustments need to be made.  

I will patiently wait for the official notice of the event and the explanation of the format.  I have very vivid memories of the last two sakar runs
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Phumade said:
    Bowgentle said:

I’m not gonna spoil the fun for when you learn how sakar arena is setup! Hehe. Just know the format rules are gonna be a big deal.  I hope they will accept public feedback and have enought time to make whatever adjustments need to be made.  

I will patiently wait for the official notice of the event and the explanation of the format.  I have very vivid memories of the last two sakar runs
    Why would they run Sakar for a 5 that's already in Latest?
    A bit over optimistic just because of "pvp arena"
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I read that KK TV show had the lowest viewership (>800k) after What If... Marvel probably ask the dev to do something to promote KK more, and that's why we have a special KK pvp event. The month of July is largely filled with characters who held Mjolnir, so she is definitely out of place.

After updating to 256, I feel that it's weird to still see Demiurge Logo on the loading screen and Demiurge is still the dev under credit. Is BCS not going to change the logo?
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I see 5* Gorr being thrown around here and in reddit. However, the next release is a 4*. Are those players in the denial stage or do they know something else? 5* Gorr would be awesome but the next release is a 4*.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,921 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    **Mod note: Moved off topic discussion of Ms. Marvel TV show here. Please keep this thread on topic. Thank you.
  • Phumade
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Phumade said:
    Phumade said:
    Bowgentle said:

Why would they run Sakar for a 5 that's already in Latest?
    A bit over optimistic just because of "pvp arena"
    Does anyone remember what they called the Thoress LRs on her debut?  we’ll she how this all shakes out soon enough.  
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After updating to 256, I feel that it's weird to still see Demiurge Logo on the loading screen and Demiurge is still the dev under credit. Is BCS not going to change the logo?
    Priorities. And likely waiting to get together a cohesive art vision before a rebrand which can't be easily fixed if done wrong.
  • Luminousquilt
    Luminousquilt Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I can't wait to see what comes up next. Sakar arena sounds interesting 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Think making Gorr a 4* is a miss.  Needed to be a 5* villain.  I mean, we got Big Wheel…… and he wasn’t even in a MCU movie.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sakaar Arena I think looms larger in our memories than it deserves, and we'd find that out if it were run again. A whole weekend of non-stop short-duration lightning round PVP events is pretty exhausting to invest time in. I do kind of like the attempt at doing something different and interesting on the PVP side of things though.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasn't the first Sakaar Arena run also bugged? Can't imagine we get that again, second time around wasn't all that different to Lightning Rounds from memory.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't know if it was bugged, or just too generous. I seem to recall the first run gave you brackets of 500 people, which made joining in and hitting a few seeds very easy to place well, and then the second run they expanded it back out to 1,000 person brackets and I want to say reduced the rewards on top of that, so it was just a slog of never ending LRs for several days.