7 day PvE events

Options
2»

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The (original) big issue was that 7-day events always saw a decrease in player engagement (looking at it as a player, it was easy to hit progression on the 6th day, and just hit DDQ on the 7th).

We've discusses it a lot over the years (many ideas mentioned in this thread already, the "problem" of doubling rewards to make it equitable to two events meaning a single event gives out a 5-star cover worth of shards, the possibility of splitting them into two events running 3/4 days so they can be run back to back, etc), it'd be interesting to see if the new dev team is interested in tackling it.

darkman84 said:
    I dunno, they would have to give twice the amount of rewards the normal event has, and maybe for four different characters (2x 4* and 2 x 5*) but then whats the point?
    Instead a heroic event as suggested by DAZ could be interesting but going independently to normal PVE events.
    One thing to do here would be to use them for releases. Recently we had Kingpin as a featured classic 5, then Banner (giving Kamala shards, so neither Kingpin/Storm get "skipped" in the rotation), then Storm. Instead they could have run a 7-day event with Storm featured, and giving both Kamala/Storm shards, theoretically speaking. It would let them occasionally weave in a 7-day event without giving a full cover of a single character AND having a logical choice for the second character. It's not without downsides, but it's a thought on what to do with doubled rewards.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I LOVE 7 day pve events!!   They are the best and I hope they bring them back. 
  • Valdoraptor
    Valdoraptor Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Never played 7 day pve event, so I'm kinda interested to try it. Was it like 7 daily subevents?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Never played 7 day pve event, so I'm kinda interested to try it. Was it like 7 daily subevents?
    Yes. Just like regular PVE, just with double rewards and lasting a whole week.
  • Valdoraptor
    Valdoraptor Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

Ok, thanks for explaining. So it doesn't seem so bad, the only downside is if you really want to battle for placement, you have to commit a lot of time and one day of being unable to play at specific time may take your chances away.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

Ok, thanks for explaining. So it doesn't seem so bad, the only downside is if you really want to battle for placement, you have to commit a lot of time and one day of being unable to play at specific time may take your chances away.
    Yeah but everyone in t20 just treats PVE as a life long event with daily subs that never ends 🤣
    So you can't miss a day, 
    Ever. 🤣
  • Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would love 7-day PVE events to make a comeback, regardless of what shape or form the rewards end up becoming. Yes, it was a slog but that also created so much variability from sub to sub. If players weren't mindful of their grinds, it was not uncommon for the top leaderboard to shuffle after the end of each sub. That's what made PVE fun imo