7 day PvE events

Options
Mikemuscles
Mikemuscles Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
Now I know most of the people here won’t agree with me and that’s fine. But I think since it’s been 3 years since any of them have been run I think our lovely Dev’s should bring back then at least once a month or once every 2…. 

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,859 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Howzabout Heroic 7 Day Events?

The Hulk could be restricted to only Hulks.
    Enemy of the State could be restricted to only Wolverine, Elektra and Ninjas.
    The one with the Dark Avengers could of course be Dark Avengers!

I mean if you are going, you might as well go big!

I don't think we would get double shards though. :(
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Now I know most of the people here won’t agree with me and that’s fine. But I think since it’s been 3 years since any of them have been run I think our lovely Dev’s should bring back then at least once a month or once every 2…. 
    Red Card GIFs  Tenor

;) 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm a fan.
  • darkman84
    darkman84 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    I dunno, they would have to give twice the amount of rewards the normal event has, and maybe for four different characters (2x 4* and 2 x 5*) but then whats the point?
    Instead a heroic event as suggested by DAZ could be interesting but going independently to normal PVE events.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If they're not going to bring back 7 day events, they could split them into a 3 day and a 4 day and run them back to back.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm not against.  Getting that 66 cp drop was always satisfying,  aside from the full 5* cover point above.  
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,652 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't mind the 7 days PVE and I wouldn't say no to 500 shards of a good 5*!
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Do it!
    They can be a slog to grind through, but no more than any two other PVE event in a week.
    Give out two chars' worth of covers/shards and you still don't interrupt the current rewards cadence.
    Have the three essential nodes have dual essentials (you can bring either of the featured 2E/3E/4E/5Es all event long).
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’d be fine with 7 day events if they had some that were good. Hulk and Sentry are both painfully monotonous 
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The last time it was run was 12/26/19, the Sentry one. I really liked the Enemy of the State one
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I never minded Enemy of the State or the Sentry one.
    But please can we leave the Hulk PvE out of this? The Hulk is just Dark Avengers nodes for 7 days straight. Really don't want that one back tbh.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I suppose bringing back 7-Day events also gives the devs new chances to conjure up some nasty CN nodes in CL10. That could be very bad for us with the likes of Apoc, Wanda, and Colossus.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Once a quarter sounds good to me. 
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 467 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Splitting into part 1 / part 2 is all that is really needed, though I've long said they could just build different events mixing and matching the retired templates... that's worth at least a couple new events with minimal work, you're only waiting on art and clearance really.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With the new dev team, I won't be surprised if they bring back 7-day pve. They've already brought back the much hated Heroic event. Surely, players don't hate 7-day pve as much as Heroics.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It would also be interesting to see how all of our new toys fare in those classic 7-day events.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,524 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only way I would want a 7 day back is if it ran concurrent with other PvE events. Reduce the win and point requirement and have running at the beginning/end of a boss event to give us something to do during downtime. 

Maybe 3 wins at cl9 and below and 2 at 10.
    Open all the subs day by day but keep them open throughout and have a max point accumulation.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IMO the reward structure would have to be comparable/proportionate to it's duration, which as others have said would mean a full 5-Star cover in shards.  Perhaps the new Devs' won't consider that a non-starter in bringing them back.

They should try at least one of them in a non-heroic form first (probably Enemy of the State since it was the newest one) with an updated reward structure and go from there.  It's be so long since any have been run that an metrics/analysis that could be done on the player base's interaction with it needs a fresh baseline.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,266 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    They could do 250 for a classic and 250 for a new release and avoid the “skipped 5” problem we’ve had for so long while also avoiding giving a full cover out.