Void Rend not allowing you to target creature [Investigating]

madwren
madwren Posts: 2,188 Chairperson of the Boards
edited 22 June 2022, 14:15 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
Void  Rend kills a creature, yes, but it doesn't let you target it as the wording states.  I've had it kill both the first and last opposing creature, so I'm not sure what it's actually doing.

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,200 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 18 June 2022, 19:56
    madwren said:
    Soul Rend kills a creature, yes, but it doesn't let you target it as the wording states.  I've had it kill both the first and last opposing creature, so I'm not sure what it's actually doing.

And I've had it kill a middle creature. Chaos! Feels like the random part of the third mode was applied to the creature mode instead.
    Here's vid of it bypassing the targeting prompt:

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    You mean Void Rend?
  • madwren
    edited 19 June 2022, 15:22
    Dammit if that's not the 20th time that I've gotten the name wrong. Thank you.

It's possible that it's targeting the opposing creature with the highest power, but that's just been my experience the last few games and it might be a fluke.
  • Oktagon_Support
    Oktagon_Support ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 2,738 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• Pirhotek
    Pirhotek Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Also, when my opponent had no creatures but I did, and I played Void Rend to destroy their support, it instead asked me to target one of my creatures.  When I answered "Not Now" it just did nothing instead of destroying a support.
  • madwren
    Is there any update on this?  I didn't see it listed in the Bug Status thread.  Even just telling us how the card is actually working would be useful. Thanks.
  • jtwood
    madwren said:
    Is there any update on this?  I didn't see it listed in the Bug Status thread.  Even just telling us how the card is actually working would be useful. Thanks.
    Pretty sure they only update that bug thread about one to two times a year

• jtwood
    This is labeled as fixed, but it’s still broken