Deck Restrictions: Jumpstart (Legacy)

Rewards: Progression

Number of nodes: 5 nodes, one for each of the allowed Planeswalkers;

It is only allowed to join one node.

Initial Charges: 5 | Max Charges: 10

Recharge Time: 6h

Event Duration: 46h

Changes

• The Awakened Inferno event Booster rewards for score 85 and 135 are changed for all Tiers, originally they were:
    85 points:  ZNR Rare Card Booster
    138 points:  STX Booster
    Now the rewards for these scores will be:
    85 points:  AFR Rare Card Booster
    138  points: SNC Booster

• Included the option to delete your account within the app for Apple users.

• Changed the Uncommon creature Rocco, Cabaretti Caterer (SNC). Originally this card allowed itself to be picked by its own ability:
    “When this creature enters the battlefield: Pick one of the first 4 different Creature cards from your library. Fetch that card. That card gains X mana. X is this card's Stored Mana.”
    Now this card can no longer pick itself:
    “When this creature enters the battlefield: Pick one of the first 4 different Creature cards, that is not named Rocco Cabaretti Caterer, from your library. Fetch that card. That card gains X mana. X is this card's Stored Mana.”

• Added Streets of New Capenna (SNC) Vanguard cards in the Exclusive Cards Booster from the Battle from the Ages event.

Fixes

• Fixed the issue with the Disable and Gain Control mechanics, where when an opposing creature was disabled, and the player took control of it, it remained disabled for more turns than expected.

• Fixed the issue where the event Avacyn's Madness was not distinguishing correctly the mechanics Take damage and Lose life. 

• Fixed the issue where Reconfigured tokens were not replaced if the player tried to Gain Control from an opposing creature while having 3 creatures on its own battlefield.

• Fixed the issue where some supports in-game were without their respective subtypes.

• Fixed the issue where the rare creature Liesa Forgotten Archangel (MID) card had only one color (White), instead of two colors (White/Black).

• Fixed the issue where was missing a Legendary Evergreen in the masterpiece creature Olivia Voldaren (VOW) card.

• Fixed the issue where the common spell card Practical Research (STX) was only drawing Cards, not discarding.

• Fixed the issue where the rare spell card Storm the Festival (MID) prompt was not appearing on different cards.

• Fixed the issue where the third ability Improved Golgari Assassins of the Planeswalker Vraska, Golgari Queen was not triggering with Deal Damage and Lose Life.

• Fixed the issue where the game was suffering a soft lock after destroying all gems on the board with seeds. 

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    super thank you
  • AoMadness
    AoMadness Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    cool idea but 320 is bloody expensive entry fee. with how bad the ranking system is in the game getting gold for free players is a challange. takes me about 2 weeks to get near 300 gold so i couldnt see my self spending it all on this event.
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dude hell yes.  

You are creating the pq version of the best magic format.

I loved sealed play ( at least I think  that's attempt)

Super pumped  to play this
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    AoMadness said:
    cool idea but 320 is bloody expensive entry fee. with how bad the ranking system is in the game getting gold for free players is a challange. takes me about 2 weeks to get near 300 gold so i couldnt see my self spending it all on this event.

I agree that 320 is much too high, but I guess they are testing the water after the 100 crystal from BotA.
    On the other hand, I don't see any placement prizes in this event. As I read it, you get prizes for victory/ribbons and for participating.
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "At the end of the event, if you fought at least once, you'll get the Booster Packs you selected. If you already own all the cards of a Booster Pack, you will receive another randomly selected Jumpstart Theme Booster Pack instead."
    So does this mean you're buying the cards for 320 crystals and the progression rewards are just to keep you playing?
  • TheHunter
    Options
    Hey @Oktagon_Support can you say more about the new way you're making Vanguards available through Battle from the Ages? Is this a permanent change in policy, or just an experiment? Will new Vanguards continue to be made available through Elite packs?

Also, what Rarity of Vanguards will be in BftA? Currently the cards in the event are all Mythics, so will there be rare SNC Vanguards, and how will these be made available?

There's lots of talk about this elsewhere and it would be helpful if you could be clearer about Vanguards. Thanks!
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hello @TheHunter
    In Streets of New Capenna, we only had the 4 Mythic Vanguards of the 4 Planeswalkers and that's why they were only added in the event. We know this is unprecedented, but this is not a policy change, just an exception made in Streets of New Capenna.
    Whenever there are enough Vanguards they will be released in the regular Vanguard Boosters as usual! 😁
  • TheHunter
    Options
    Thank you for the reply.