Void Rend not allowing you to target creature [Investigating]

madwren
madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
Void  Rend kills a creature, yes, but it doesn't let you target it as the wording states.  I've had it kill both the first and last opposing creature, so I'm not sure what it's actually doing.

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    madwren said:
    Soul Rend kills a creature, yes, but it doesn't let you target it as the wording states.  I've had it kill both the first and last opposing creature, so I'm not sure what it's actually doing.

And I've had it kill a middle creature. Chaos! Feels like the random part of the third mode was applied to the creature mode instead.
    Here's vid of it bypassing the targeting prompt:

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    You mean Void Rend?
  • madwren
    edited June 2022
    Dammit if that's not the 20th time that I've gotten the name wrong. Thank you.

It's possible that it's targeting the opposing creature with the highest power, but that's just been my experience the last few games and it might be a fluke.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• Pirhotek
    Pirhotek Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Also, when my opponent had no creatures but I did, and I played Void Rend to destroy their support, it instead asked me to target one of my creatures.  When I answered "Not Now" it just did nothing instead of destroying a support.
  • madwren
    Is there any update on this?  I didn't see it listed in the Bug Status thread.  Even just telling us how the card is actually working would be useful. Thanks.
  • jtwood
    madwren said:
    Is there any update on this?  I didn't see it listed in the Bug Status thread.  Even just telling us how the card is actually working would be useful. Thanks.
    Pretty sure they only update that bug thread about one to two times a year

• jtwood
    This is labeled as fixed, but it’s still broken 
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    seems this was to be fixed already in 5.8 ??? @Oktagon_Support it still isn't allowing a target to be chosen. please see video. being sent
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    The second bug (casting even when you choose 'not now' makes it much worse
    Could you please check all the 'destroy target creature" cards that automatically without target?
  • madwren
    edited October 2022
    Wasn't the Void Rend issue supposed to be fixed? 

From what I can tell it still isn't letting you target creatures. It's just picking one at random.
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    I just got Void Rend recently and I can't tell which creature will be destroyed by it, it looks random to me too.
  • jtwood
    It’s one of a handful of “fixes” marked to be fixed in an upcoming build that already passed 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/61987/bug-status-list-update-8-11-2022

And those release notes make no mention of some of those fixes. 

Also, the first thread on this still has it marked as being investigated. 

Total chaos right now. 
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    @Oktagon_Support ???☝️
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello guys,

I checked with the team, and this issue has been reproduced but is still open. The estimate was that it would be fixed in this version, but unfortunately, it was not possible.
    I apologize for the delay in fixing this issue, I will ask the team to fix this with higher priority.

Rebeca
  • fox1342_2
    fox1342_2 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In

Still broken six months later. Just change the words to random. I think it's now picking the first creature, but maybe it's still random.

• Killroy
    Killroy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In

Firstly, Riveteer's Charm black gem condition destroys ANY support(Enchantment, Artifact, Land, Emblem), should destroy Vanguard or Creature as per the wording on the card.

Secondly, Void Rend's creature destroy, is supposed to be targeted, not randomly destroyed.

• Metroplex78
    Metroplex78 Posts: 74 Match Maker

I like Void Rend, just hate it when it destroys the wrong creature.